Tfw your department spends 90% of its annual budget on "women in STEM" events

>tfw your department spends 90% of its annual budget on "women in STEM" events

Whats their endgame Veeky Forums?

Equity of outcome that stems from a deterministic materialist point of view which itself originates in Marxism

Probably to get women in STEM.

more stem graduates = lower stem wages

this.

Now run along now back to >>/pol/

This is it. You have the morons above who can only see as far as their nose. What's the advantage of pushing for certain groups in STEM? We are all equal of potential, are we not? Thus, why should it matter what particular group is involved? Follow the money. Always. Things are not done out of altruism, especially when money is involved. These "go back to /pol/" posters baffle me. They don't even want a discussion on these topics.

I doubt the society of women engineers spends 90% of its budget on "women in STEM"

>gets job in The Office of STEM promotion among Women
>has one job
>bitches about it

>These "go back to /pol/" posters baffle me. They don't even want a discussion on these topics.

It's Veeky Forums's equivalent to check your privilege. A way for witless people to shut down a conversation when they have no retorts.

Femanon here. That's a good thing.

kys

The only "women" who belong in STEM are the same "men" who belong in STEM. That is, individuals who desire such a career should be free to do so. Why the fuck is there some necessity that more women do it? What the fuck is the problem if STEM fields are loaded with men? If nail salons paid as much as engineers, and needed as much education, do you think men would pursue such a career?

"Women in STEM" is just feminist bullshit.

>me sitting in class
>women preening themselves for me
GET OUT OF STEM I HAVE A GF REEEEEE

O god, ppl like you are why we need this. Seriously.

Explain

Your sexist and do not see we are in fucking 2 0 1 6. We are getting progress but virgins like you want to put us back into the dark ages ugh.

Gb2/pol/

You're an uneducated joke. Exactly why educating women DOESNT WORK because you never end up thinking for yourselves anyway

Now your projecting because you cant argue back with prejudice.

I'm the guy who posted Did you not read what I said?
>individuals who desire a career [in STEM] should be free to do so.

Why do we need women in STEM?

We need people where they are passionate. Do you want a medical doctor who is passionate about helping you or a medical doctor who is passionate about profits?

So, why do we need women, specifically, in STEM?

I forgot the part of education that was conforming to the concept of equality through state mandates quotas

He's clearly mocking women. That said, a lot of men in STEM do tend to take women less seriously. It's nice for them to be able to get together with each other for support.

>2 0 1 6

Well it's still anonymous on here and Reddit still likes to shitpost about equality. We all met women exactly like that in school.

>Whats their endgame Veeky Forums?
suicide

bumping in hope for a rational answer.

>a lot of men in STEM do tend to take women less seriously
Yeah, no, you're totally right. I for one pride myself on being so stupid that my personal feelings towards colleagues actually obscure their work's value and rigor in my eyes and how it relates to my own immediate self-interest.
If we had any ability to improve our own lives and career prospects through consistent and objective analysis, we wouldn't be scientists.

>people took take the bait

Scientists are dead.

>deterministic materialist point of view which itself originates in Marxism
You've misunderstood historical materialism.
Natural selection is a purely material, predictable process. This does not make it deterministic either.
Genetic and molecular influences on human behavior and endeavor are quite obviously material factors. Neglecting them entirely, as SJWs tend to do rather than seek a refined understanding, is purely idealist and quite contrary to Marxist theory.

"Equality of outcome" is not a Marxist concept. Assuming from the start that parity in all things across demographics is the "natural" condition and any perturbation from it is de facto the result of exploitation, rather than examining specific concrete cases of exploitation and seeking to explain the crises of society in terms of them, is extraordinarily utopian.

I duno we better watch out. Milgram experiments show females are slightly more compliant and obedient to authority figures. Looks like the totalitarian technocracy is almost here.