SCHOPENHAUER WAS RIGHT ABOUT WOMEN

SCHOPENHAUER WAS RIGHT ABOUT WOMEN

Wow I hate women now

spoonheiser is a fucking nerd lmao

Yeah, he really was.

I was lead to believe through memes and secondary sources that Schopenhauer was just having a petty misogynistic rant, but a lot of it is matter of fact. Some of it is actually sympathetic to the problems women do face due to the absence of polygamy.

Schopenhauer's reaction to women wasting their husband's money upon becoming a widow was the one part in 'on women' that was heavily laden with disgust. If he had the ability to discern how much modern marriage has now degenerated and the existence of alimony, I believe he would've advocated for the complete stripping of autonomy of females.

Spot on

Been browsing this board for 8 years and this is the best and most accurate post I've ever seen. Please start tripping

>due to the absence of polygamy
what do you mean?

Freud was more accurate than Schopenhauer ever was.

In 'on women', Schopenhauer blames monogamy for the excess of single woman and the excessive prostitution that is present in western countries. He comments that the rest of the world laughs at Europeans for limiting marriage to monogamy.

Actually, I did forget, there was another thing schopenhauer personally detested about women, and that was what he called 'the lady'. Which designates any upper class female. The lady is also what Schopenhauer thinks non-westerners laugh and joke about westerners over. I personally agree with Schopenhauer here, upper class females are abhorrent things and it's a social shame that their opinions and desires are taken by society seriously. They're self entitled, petty and use all the resources at their disposal to fawn over trivial things.

schopenhauer was right about everything pleb.

T. Life denying loser

threadly reminder that schoppy, just like neechee, had major mommy issues.

you dumbfucks'd be less dumb if you'd read more than just one of the Schop's essays tbqhwyfamoo

I READ THEM ALL

That means he was right about women then if their very own moms were terrible.

t. nietzsche is my favourite philosopher and im also 12

Yes he was.

just means they had an early lesson in life

wenever someone starts talking critically about woman its mommy issues.

Nikola Tesla
In the past the reason why Mr. Tesla never married was because his estimation of woman placed her on such a lofty pedestal that he could never bring himself to feel worthy of her(he loved he´s mother). Now that she has, as he feels, stepped down from her pedestal and bartered all her noblest qualities for what is called her "freedom," he is even more disinclined to matrimony than he was before.

no mommy issues and he came to the conclusion and thought fuck woman.

What's the point of critiquing women for being un-self-aware or being not uniquely creative when it's obvious and pretty much accepted by people, like Schopenhauer, that a majority of men are similar?

It seems like what is considered to be "enlightenment" is really just the measurement of range between those who are far less to it and to those far-close to it, and not that there's an actual distinct boundary, that once reached, makes one "enlightened". And it also seems that Schopenhauer would agree that certain women and individual women better at being closer to the few males who are considered to be "enlightened" than other particular women. Now the question that we should be asking is if there's anything that prevents a woman from reaching such phrase as some men reach, rather than getting caught up on how collectives of people measure. Surely if some women can be more virtuous than others, and commit to virtuous lives and actions that is committed and appraised by men, what's from stopping them from going "all the way", so to say, and ignore or restrain and heed any social or biological conditioning they have and to reach "enlightenment"? I haven't seen a compelling argument for such. For truly, it seems, there's no discernible final destination for the road of the knowledge (at-least during one's mortal life or on this physical world), and there's always more room for improvements; because of such, one should always goad themselves to go further down it and not let themselves be content at a certain point when it seems clear there's still much to be traveled. Those who go further down it should get appraised while those who those who don't get not-condoned, a like-wise, for female individuals for venturing further on it just as you would with males. Even if they happened to not track as far in-comparison, they should still be given support and help like you would with a fellow-man who has fallen behind you.

t. Life denying loser

>put his mommy on a pedestal and judged all women by how they stood up to mommy
>he doesn't have mommy issues

lmao

Women shouldn't be allowed on Veeky Forums

terrible mother and the man gets sick of womans bullshit = mommy issues

good mother and the man gets sick of womans bullshit = mommy issues

lmao fuck off

>having an abusive, negligent mother impairs your ability to accurately describe females

this hasn't been proven to be true in all cases

>its another thread derailing episode

Agreed 10/10 post

Westerners have been polygamous. Monogamy means one partner for the entire lifetime, but most people will have multiple partners. (Serial monogamy is polygamy.)

Threadly reminder that to not have issues is to not be alive.

>Implying Freud didn't steal from Schopenhauer's metaphysics
Wewladdy.mp4

Over protective mothers can be just as damaging as negligent mothers

Freud was a plagiarist and a degenerate

WTF I hate women now?!?

So what does all this arguing about mothers stem from?