Meme Books

So Veeky Forums I just indulged the meme and bought Infinite Jest, Lolita, Gravity's Rainbow and Moby Dick

Is there anything I should know before I read any of these books?

>pic unrelated

Start with the greeks

this.

>not buying ulysses
fucking kill yourself

What does this mean?

Go with the Greeks
Resume with the Romans
Continue with the Christians
Return to the Rennesieance
Begin with the Baroque
Expand on the Enlightenment
Read the Realism
Master Modernist
Pass on the Post-Modernist.

etc

You need to start with the Percy Jackson series first you doofus.

I have only read Lolita but I loved it. I'm pretty sure there "memes" because a majority of people here like them and I don't see what's wrong with that.

you sound like qt girl i like.
tfw lolita is the only good book she's read

Donald Trump is going to make America great again.

fuck off center-right - far right scum

The wall just got ten feet higher.

Give this man a coat.

>Not buying any Dostoyevsky.

Buy The Brothers Karamazov and/or Crime and Punishment. Two of the GOATest literary works of all time.

Moby Dick is only useful as a decorative item. Fuck reading that boring piece of trash.

you are probably going to be hella confused if you are a pleb but if you are a legit patrish fish then you will be good to go m8 ya dig me xD

>Dostoyevsky

Rennesieance

>Dostojewskiji

If you omitted the last paragraph your post would be worth reading

What did he mean by this?

>pic

He bears an uncanny resemblance there to the r9k boy who wrote the victim-of-love manifesto and went on the murder-suicide spree, like if he had grown into adulthood and procured a suit and a dove
There are parallel universes in which conditions led to pic related going on a murder spree in his youth and the r9k boy eventually becoming a presidential nominee
Those outcomes are not so different I think, maybe with different colored ties is all

I should add that it would be well for our universe not to interact with those for risk of the adult of the r9k boy somehow getting into this world and because just imagine the twisted world that would foster him coming to such a position of power and influence.

Was Dosto really a Jew? I just think it's autistic to have that you between the oe. It's Dostoevsky as far as I'm concerned.

lolita is probably the most casual read out of the four

It's actually autistic to give a shit.

In case you're serious about the spelling etc...
For one thing, the e in Дocтoeвcкий has a pronounced ye sound when accented. The prime example of this for non-Russian speakers is the word for 'no', нeт, which is transliterated as nyet.
Also, many languages associate a y sound with the letter J. (I think English is actually something of an exception in pronouncing it as it does.) German is one example; the word for 'yes', ja, is pronounced 'ya'. Polish does this too. Polish also doesn't pronounce the letter W as it is in English but with more of the sound of the letter F. (for a literary example, Stanisław Lem's first name is pronounced something like Stan-iss-waff.)
Anyway Dostojewski is exactly how the name is spelled in Polish (and I'm sure it's similar in some other languages, Slavic and maybe otherwise).

There's that label again. Hello Veeky Forums

>pic unrelated
Of the books listed, he's related to Captain Ahab. He's obsessed with white things

>that pic
>Ahab
>not Humbert Humbert

>There's that label again. Hello Veeky Forums
How can you be this retarded