What are some film adaptations you'd consider better than the book?

What are some film adaptations you'd consider better than the book?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TbUYRAS7XI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>pic
Is that just reworked courage wolf memes?

off with you

Barry Lyndon

>You are going to give up. Don't.

Solid advice. Thank you.

That picture...

Fight club t b h. And the film adaptation of ulysses

Apocalypse Now
To Kill a Mockingbird

youtube.com/watch?v=TbUYRAS7XI8

Not a great feelgood movie, but oh what a great film

The Shining.

The American Psycho film was probably better than the book, but I enjoyed the book as well.

Fight Club definitely.

End yourself.

They have more or less the same format but there are key differences in how they're acted upon.

Getting swole has a significant gap between action and payoff so many people succumb to the whole existential crises and so on, and quit. Now see how all the fitness ones are going "remember that there is a payoff in the future", whereas courage wolf is doing something different. I guess best described as "how you view the world is wrong" but it's a bit all over the place desu

Stage Musical < book < movie
Enjoyed the book and the musical is okay, but the movie is probably my favorite of the past ten years.

Damn you have to have really bad taste in movies for that

Anything from Kubrick except for Lolita and possibly Eyes Wide Shut

Have you seen Inland Empire
It completely annihilates the rest of humanity's recording history

The film adaptation of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

It is, for all intents and purposes a carbon copy of the book. Almost nothing is changed. Yet by clever use of colour pallete the tone of the movie is completely different from that of the book, and it becomes something that can stand on its own as a unique piece of art. It was very clever.

The Godfather, Sonnys monster dick and the girl who got an operation for her huge pussy from Frank Sinatra were really weird stuff.

The best thing about eyes wide shut was the drama around it being made.

incidentally his two worst films.
Clockwork might be worse than EWS tho

>Clockwork might be worse
Booo booo sacrilege

>Clockwork is his worst
Come on,you're trying a bit too hard.

2001 btw is a case where movie and book a both good in their own ways. I wish there was a whole book like the beginning of 2001 where it's about Moonwatcher and his tribe.

Motivation is shit.
I used to watch motivating videos and all that shit to hit the gym. I would look at those cringe threads where Veeky Forumsizens would take knight and battle paintings with shitty quotes about pain and suffering and all that. I would look at that stupid fucking wolf and listen to retarded pump up music.
Then I broke down mentally and lost motivation. Because I trained off of external motivation, this destroyed me.
Motivation works where dicipline fails. I train because its all I know. I read because its all I know. I have no reason to do so, and I have no reason not to do so. I do it because i have generated the discipline to do it not matter what.
I just need to find my sparks

Hellraiser>The Hellbound Heart

This is true shit

I put on my gym clothes and I drive to the gym. That's it. period. No "heart of the warrior" fucking bullshit. I show up there.

A good tip that's helped me to build this habit is at the very least, just put on your gym clothes when you decide to skip. Just literally change into them. If you still aren't going, fine. Keep them on or take them off or whatever. But I've found that 7/10 times, I'll end up going because I did the hardest step which is just taking that first step

only fatties need motivation

Battle Royale

blade runner

Have you read the book? It's a bit above par at most for its' genre while the movie has been pretty much canonised

Can I get quads?

Hard to be a God I'd say

Inherent Vice

The Shining