How do chili Veeky Forums?

How do chili Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dzHkYuglHqw
epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/our-favorite-texas-beef-chili-51249010
weheartfood.com/2008/12/manzana-chili-verde-and-firecracker-cornbread.html
youtube.com/watch?v=HQ3YO7ovPp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

One pound of ground beef, one can of diced tomatoes, one can of beans, and one packet of McCormick™ chili seasoning. With several flavor varieties and real authentic taste, you're guaranteed to be a hit with McCormick™!

There is no recipe for chili.

What you need to do is evaluate your personal preferences as far as ingredients, texture, and spices. Make your own, dont ask other people.

But I have literally no idea. I've never made it before.

It appears your Google is broken. You should look into getting that fixed.

>Asking food questions on a food board

Oh shit my bad.

Veeky Forums consistently provides more recipes than Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums is up there with Veeky Forums and /asp/ as far as trash boards go.

Looks like you posted a photo of bean soup

Start with onion, garlic and peppers, then ground beef, whatever spices you like (obv chili powder, cumin), then canned tomatoes and beans.

Amount of each comes down to personal preference.

Its so goddamn easy. The bulk of the chili is made of:
Meat (first timers use ground beef)
Onion (pick a type, use a lot, it cooks down)
Beans (white or red beans are fine, but they all work)
Tomato (can of anything will get the job done)

That's it. Now add a ton of spices, a lot of chili powder is mandatory. Most of the time a lot of garlic too. Since this is baby's first chili, you can use prepackaged envelopes, the MSG in them actually helps make a tasty chili.
Start there, and customize as you see fit. Top with cheese and sour cream.

Okay, I'll give an actual example. Bear in mind I'm a shit cook and don't know much about peppers.
>pick out peppers at the store
I kinda just smell them and look at the scoville scale
>red onion
>dice up about 1.5 cups total between onion and peppers
I've never actually measured this, just guessing
>fry up 1.5 pounds ground meat in canola oil
>fry up peppers and onions in same pan
>throw in big pot with two cans of diced tomatoes
>garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, cayenne, bouillon, and whatever the fuck else you want

Throw in some corn/legumes if you want. I'm partial to green peas personally.

I meant cumin, not cayenne.

>tfw ck used to be my main board
>hearts would post recipe books at Christmas time
>progun threads

Now it's all Jack and 'za threads

I miss old ck

Fuck, me again. I did mean cumin, NOT cayenne

I mean CAYENNE

>2016
>using meat in chili

>sauteeing fresh chili peppers instead of making your own paste with dried chilis
>ground meat
>garlic powder
>onion powder
nope

Veeky Forums would be fine if not for all the hood niggers looking for get rich quick schemes and scams.

Fuck off, you're not me.

None of these are me. It's cayenne

He said hes new at this you dickhead, stop expecting him to be a pro chef. Its his first time so keep it real easy. Its not hard to get good results with simple ingredients you elitist faggot. Its far better than opening a can or going to Wendy's drive thru, so give credit for a noob student getting into cooking.
You're an asshole.

youtube.com/watch?v=dzHkYuglHqw
then don't follow the recipe and just put in whatever.
Also brag about it. Bragging is an ingredient.

LIKE THIS user.

>not growing your own chilies, onion and garlic on land you've fertilized with your own shit from eating nothing but chili
>not buying land in kobe and raising your own cattle that you've personally massaged and bottle fed daily
It's like you hate flavor.

>not just eating your own shit

poo in loo etc.

You stupid nigger
There are no Jack threads and one 'za thread

>1 lbs ground beef
>1 can diced tomatoes
>1 can kidney beans
>1 packet chili powder
>1 cup elbow macaroni

Bam. Bare basic chili mac. Ibadd onion, mushroom, small can tomato sauce, single serving can tomato juice, and small package of shredded cheese. Shit's bomb.

/asp/ used to be good when it was still the martial arts board rather than wall-to-wall sweaty mandrama

>Even when it comes to eating chili Bruce is a tryhard Mary Sue
There's no reason to suggest he's even partial to spicy food. Triggered desu

Cmon. Ground beef? Just... no. Buy some decent beef.

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/our-favorite-texas-beef-chili-51249010

>Veeky Forums
>a trash board

get paid pupper

>treating chili as if it isn't a throw shit in and cook it dish

Use black beans not Kindey Beans. Black Beans master race

get paid pupper

weheartfood.com/2008/12/manzana-chili-verde-and-firecracker-cornbread.html

Skip the cornbread recipe and make something better with blue cornmeal, whole wheat flour, and flax :-)

meat (or not), tomatoes (or substitute), beans (or not), peppers (a wide variety thereof, or not), celery (or not), onion (only Philistines skip the onion), garlic (or not), and a "chili seasoning" (paprika/capsicum powder, cumin, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper).

I usually brown diced meat (beef, sometimes chicken) in a neutrally flavoured oil, remove from the heat, cook up some o' dere holy trinity (onions, bell peppers, celery) to translucency, lower the heat to medium, add pre-soaked/canned beans, return the meat and add a blend of water and any dried or smoked peppers I'll be using (ancho, chipotle, pequin, guajillo, and de arbol most of the time), let that reduce, add a bunch of zapped tomatoes (pulsed to a random chop in the food processor), reduce again, add water and reduce to a simmer.

I'll usually give that half an hour to an hour (if tougher cuts of meat, cook longer) and add my seasonings - paprika, a bit of smoked paprika or ancho, cumin, oregano, garlic, usually a bit of dark chocolate, salt and pepper, that gets another 5-10 mins and it's chili.

Blend rehydrated chiles with caramelized onion, carrot, celery. Take paste and reduce slowly, at this time I add red wine, coffee, vanilla, molasses. Beans (a little more than thr weight of the meat) Diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Top sirloin cut into 1 inch cubes, then scorched a little on each side. Deglaze and flambe with a little cognac. Cut .5 lbs bacon into lardons. Strain out fat, add bacon to pot. Use fat to make roux. Pref. dark as shit. Make veloute sauce by adding fresh stock and red wine (make sure it's hot). Throw into pot. Cut more onions, celery, carrots, peppers, garlic and lightly sautee in correct cooking order (carrots, celery + onion, pepper, garlic) add to pot. Spices include: cumin, marjoram, black pepper, ground mustard, oregano, california bay, basil, worcester sauce, angostura bitters,

Preparing your own chili paste is what separates a good chili from a great chili. It should be rich and complex like mole, but with none (read: none) of the chocolate

Chili sucks.

I Just wanted to friendly but emphatically remind everyone here the fact that chilli has no beans. Thanks.

get paid pupper!

Reminder that every person who said to you to put meat in a chili is a fraud. chili con carne mean exacly chili with meat.
>ck who can't get his shit right.

you throw cognac into chili, amongst other ingredients and techniques that are geographically almost as far away from Mexico as possible, but felt the need to reiterate that chocolate has no place in chili?

Wrong

me here, meant cayenne not cumin

i'm with you on this

trump won.
your snowflake opinions aren't wanted anymore

this is an incorrect post

Can confirm biz is pump and dump stock fans and shitcoiners. Almost 0 business.

get paid pupper

Take a good chili recipe, add some cinnamon, you now have a great chili recipe.

sausage and a light mix of beans

>get paid pupper!

but wendy's chili is good

get paid pupper

get paid pupper

my good nig look up Chasen's Chili.

required:
meat
peppers

suggested:
onion
garlic
cumin
oregano

optional:
tomato
chocolate
beer

get the fuck out:
beans
corn

the secret is to use just the right amount of tomatoes, season well, add a little bit of heat, and to add cumin if you want it to be good

I strongly disagree with those ones who put beans in their chili...Why don't you accept the truth? is it too ugly for you? do you feel mexican in a way? I can't understand it.

get paid pupper

beans taste good

found the bean hating baby

biz was good for the first 3 months now it is college major general and crypto shills

Nice shitpost
>meat optional
Kys desu familio

I fucking love chili. Probably my favourite dish.

Its so easy to make and it can satisfy a big group of people. When I have to cook for 20 people or something I usually make chili. Just some meat, beans, tomatoes, onions, garlic and cheese and youre all set

80/20 ground beef
Diced thick cut Applewood bacon
Beef stock
Tomato paste
Roasted, deskinned, diced tomato
Caramelized onions
Diced jalapeños
Diced Serrano
Depulped habanero
Worsherstire sauce
Cayenne
Smoked paprika
Red chili flakes
Brown sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste

beans are literally just filler for poor people, if you are an employed adult there is no reason for their inclusion

I forgot the cumin and chili powder like a pleb

get paid pupper

I personally start with these - Pic related.

You can probably figure out the rest.

>Beans
Kys

get paid pupper

youtube.com/watch?v=HQ3YO7ovPp8

get paid pupper

Get paid pupper

last one I made was ground turkey, a ripe cubanelle, pasilla chiles, paprika, chili paste, onions, garlic, chili spices and herbs and some crumbled in bacon, served over refried beans.

not gonna lie, it was pretty boss

god, what a Jack ass

get paid pupper

get paid pupper

This. Veeky Forums is the worst board on Veeky Forums BY FAR.

Veeky Forums /diy/ /int/ and /wsg/ provide better content than Veeky Forums

What has Veeky Forums EVER done that is noteworthy?

Hell even /r9k/ make the fucking tendies meme.

Veeky Forums has no purpose. No direction. No background.

But hey, lets just ignore all that and make the 89247th thread about le meme hotsauce, alcohol, pizza (ebin xD) "PAN NICE AND HOT", tea/coffee, "How do i make my 33 cent packet of ramen gourmet?", and so on.

Oh and fast food threads. Don't forget that half the board is filled with threads on fastfood at any given time.

Get paid pupper~san

>not putting coconut oil in your chili

A nice hot chicken breast or beef mince curry with green beans.

Make a big pot so I have enough left over for tomorrow's breakfast and lunch.

we made bacon roll a meme. we literally changed the course of the global economy towards bacon. that's plenty.

wrong flavor profile bruh

>Not wanting Hawaiian Chili served with rice, spam, and a fucking fried egg because "Why Not?"
Sorry you don't like good flavor bruh.

Confusing yourself with Reddit?
It's understandable.

get paid pupper

you mean chili con carne?
you "do" chili by picking it straight from the plant. pic related, the one and only thing you can describe as "chili"

>autism speaks

I'm going to ask the unquestionable: what's wrong with the 2AM chili? I know it's infamous around here, but it looks pretty solid for a non-professional, quick to make quick to serve chili. The only flaw I see is the poseur-badass style of the presentation.

He tells you not to use the chili mix packet (which is correct). But then he goes on to use equally shitty spices to replace it.

>hot iron that close to fingers

Jesus christ how horrifying

get paid pupper

>basil
>sugar
>only 4 tsp of chili powder
>in chili
it's shit

t. a real human bean