Homosexuality in literature

This is not a troll thread, I'm genuinely curious. Heterosexual men of Veeky Forums, would you read a novel featuring a homosexual relationship and sex scenes?

I don't mean an entire novel focused on the subject matter. I mean an ordinary novel in your favourite genre that just happens to have one gay relationship among several straight ones. Would that put you off completely or would you continue reading if you liked the novel? Pic more or less unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4paGAvvFWRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would but I'm only about 55% hetero and the other 45% is pretty fucking gay

It doesn't bother me. Sometimes it can be more meaningful to the novel than a relationship between a man and a woman.
Picture related

>Heterosexual men of Veeky Forums, would you read a novel featuring a homosexual relationship and sex scenes?

Sure. I wouldn't read a gay erotica though or a "gay novel".

Yeah, in some cases it's better written than a heterosexual love sequence. It's just different to put in a novel but at the same time it's very successful when the author takes the time to not make it some novelty thing.
Now erotica is different. I wouldn't read gay erotica, or standard erotica, like ever. Just never been a fan of it

So long as it had literary merit, why wouldn't I? Just because you're a /pol/ transplant here that has no grasp on reality doesn't mean most of us are the same.

My opinion? Let's just say I'm redpilled.

You do the math, kid

OP here, thanks for the responses.

No need for the "dude /pol/ lmao". The reason I asked is that I'm writing a story that features a monk falling in love with a priest in medieval Russia, and I wanted input on whether it would be rejected automatically based on that plotline. I live in a small and very traditionalist country so I wanted to see whether the views on Veeky Forums would differ.

You shouldn't change any elements of your story just because they may not fit with social norms. Who cares what anyone thinks, unless you're a slave to sales figures.

The genders of characters involved in a relationship makes no difference to me. It's all incidental.

Thanks man. That's what I needed to hear.

I really enjoyed Memoirs of Hadrian despite the boipussy. I thought if was very well written and was incredibly psychologicly convincing.

>a monk falling in love with a priest in medieval Russia
Is the engine of the story the ups and downs of their relationship?

Because if it is, then it's not a "novel that happens to feature a gay couple", it is a "novel about a gay relationship" which is fine, but you seem to want to appeal to an audience broader than gay men.

Preach girlfriend!

Ain't noone tellin me what to write mmm hmm

No that's not the engine of the story at all. The story is about the rule of Ivan IV and its aftermath, there's a large cast of characters and the gay romance forms a relatively small part of the story.

kek

Gravity's Rainbow is full gay sex.

>No that's not the engine of the story at all. The story is about the rule of Ivan IV and its aftermath, there's a large cast of characters and the gay romance forms a relatively small part of the story.
Then it's obviously fine.

i stopped reading the book american gods when a gay scene occurred, didnt like the book much. however, finished it years later

if i like the book, ill read through the fag scene quickly and go on. if the book is borderline, and the fag scene is long, im probably out. aformentioned instance is only stoppage i can recall

>"write what you know"
>all I know is faggotry
>potential audience is tiny fraction of the population
>only a tiny fraction of that tiny fraction actually read

Feels bad.

But faggots don't get that much literature that caters to them (only shitty, cringy erotica) so shouldn't that be a super profitable niche?

It can't be flaunted. It must be done well. It should be subtle.

When did our civilisation become so gay? 3verything is about gays/ Transgenders nowadays give me a break.

youtu.be/4paGAvvFWRk

>gay cartoons
lol, I remember when I found out Ren & Stimpy were gay. It made sense tho.

Dan Simmon's Terror depicted it in a way I didn't mind reading it at all otherwise this

>"Everything is suddenly gay!"

No it isn't. Stop reading Tumblr or using other forms of social media. There's a pretty big discontinuity between opinions posited online by vocal minorities versus those found in real-life politics.

In the real world, LGBT people are the buttmonkeys of politics. Their rights are more often than not eroded for the sake of political gambits. (Of course, the converse is also sometimes true)

See:
"Don't Say Gay" bill
transgender restroom rights
religious objection laws (which are unconstitutional for different reasons)

>Heterosexual men of Veeky Forums, would you read a novel featuring a homosexual relationship and sex scenes?

Maybe if the rest of the book was good enough to make up for it

probably not though

That sounds fucking retarded.

Brief History of Seven Killings has some extremely graphic gay sex scenes close to the end. I just read it fast. It made me uncomfortable because it was written to be pretty fucking grimy and I was also nervous I would get a boner.

Is your name Thomas?

>I was also nervous I would get a boner

K E K 'D

Depends, do the dicks touch?

would a gay person be disgusted by straight sex in a novel? wouldnt it make sense in the worst case scenario that you are disgusted or uncomfortable to note that it happened and move on?

I think I've read a few like that even in elementary school. I was pretty good at reading so I just picked whatever looked nice from the library.

Ugh, I'd love to read a novel with subtle (maybe even implied) homoerotica.

Or done tastefully like in The Counterfeiters where the whole book literally builds up to just a few paragraphs of them fugging.

But I would not be able to read some blatant gay nigga shit.

i would read it if it had been written in the 19th century or prior.

if it was written today? probably not.

true...

yeah, I'm not uncomfortable with homosexuality or anything. Especially when this madman talk about it

What are some books that feature homosexuality written in the 19th century or prior? Among Western literature I can only think of de Sade.

I could probably think of many more but I don't feel like using my brain right now.