Where did he go wrong

where did he go wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/education/3313279/Madness-of-Nietzsche-was-cancer-not-syphilis.html
leonardsax.com/Nietzsche.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He didn't.

Fell REALLY hard for the greeks meme

He wrote in aphorisms which are quite easily quoted and misunderstood by plebs.

He was also German, and therefore taboo in the 21st century.

/thread

His fanboys misunderstanding him and the memes and shitposting that ensued.

The former yes

The latter what lmao >>/pol/

god is dead and nobody gave a shit when he was alive either except a tiny minority of nerds

He assumed that everyone would view the Abrahamists and the Socratics for what they were, well-organized con artists.

And yet here we are still, in a world where people still think that the big debate of meaning is between Abrahamists like William Lane Craig and Ken Ham and Socratics like Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris

Shit like this is why you're the worst board, Veeky Forums.

t. triggered Christcuck

The whole descending into madness part.

He didn't have much of a choice in his earlier works, he wrote in aphorism because he was pretty much unable to concentrate for long enough due to crippling headaches and related vision problems that rendered him temporarily blind at times. HATH was mostly dictated during brief moments of lucidity between long bouts of misery. That and his anti-systematization philosophy lent itself to aphorism much better than to a longer from style of writing.

That also implies that he cared if plebs understood him, he flat out wrote that his books weren't meant for many people. I don't think he'd take responsibility for all of the idiots of the 20th century misquoting him before going off on some foolish adventure completely counter to his ideas. The only person who really understood Nietzsche was Nietzsche, and even that is an ambitious assumption.

He thought he could do writings on how to love while barely having experienced any worthwhile things e.g. love and (non-betrayal) friendship. His whole philosophy is a symptom of resentment and a contraries rebellion against what he really needed: a hug and some mates. No wonder even before his madness he started spewing delusional shit

*how to live

nothing.

"This tremendous event is still on its way, still wandering; it has not yet reached the ears of men. Lightning and thunder require time; the light of the stars requires time; deeds, though done, still require time to be seen and heard. This deed is still more distant from them than the most distant stars--and yet they have done it themselves."

Considering 95-99% of the population probably don't know who either of them are, to say we are living in 'that world' seems a bit misleading

How is taboo not beneficial to the cult of an author's personality? You don't honestly think Hunter S. Thompson's popularity came from his prose do you?

Nietzsche had quite a few friends throughout his life, particularly during college. He was always kind of an outcast in that he was always a fuckin weirdo but it's not fair to say that he didn't have friends.

Gast, for example, frequently wrote while he dictated, proofread his work and provided feedback, all for free, and Gast was one of the few people who defended him against his sister's intrigues after his madness. His mother and sister tried to edit out the line that Nietzsche wrote about them in EH (namely that he fucking hated them) as well as tons of later edits by his sister to make Nietzsche into Natziche. The reason we still have all of his original manuscripts is Gast. Gast also shaped the posthumous Will to Power and tried to at least try to keep it honest, though since Elizabeth had the rights to Nietzsche's works she had the power over what was published and not at the end of the day. And I think that is the measure of a true friend, one who will defend you even after death. Overbeck was another one who stuck with him until the end, even through his madness. It was his friends, not his family, which first saw his madness and tried to get him mental help before he killed himself. I doubt many people here have friends with that degree of loyalty to them.

He was always kind of socially inept but the time he lived in was a little different than today in that the sense of community and loyalty was stronger, even spergs deserved companionship and some camaraderie.

The problem is: his main point was life affirmation, yet he created no life-affirming or positive values. In practice, he was entirely critical and nihilistic. I think he wanted to prove Aristotle right, in that the contemplative life is thought to result in happiness, but he failed abysmally.

I don't think that he fetishized the contemplative life, quite the opposite in many respects. He favored free spiritedness but both Goethe and Napoleon fell under that category for him. He argues that there is no one 'good' way to live and that everyone essentially has their own path to figure out.

He repeatedly tells his readers that after reading him, you need to reject everything which he has said and go your own path in order to fully understand what he has said. He was an anti-philosopher in that he refused to lay forth a path for the good life but rather some ideas on how you might go about finding a suitable path. Some of these ideas he spells out, others he lives.

I think you kind of have to put a literary spin on his life story to get a feel for the affirmation. I view the (apocryphal) embrace of the horse as a symbol of his final act of amor fati before his tragic fall into madness. After all, it was the horse, the wound to his pectoral muscle inflicted by improperly mounting a horse, which sent him spiraling into a world of pain and sickness, the pain which inspired him to seek out and practice philosophy rather than keeping to his philology. Without this wound perhaps he would have remained optimistic about German nationalism, perhaps he would have remained alongside Wagner 'till the end. Perhaps he would have willed away the void that ate at him.

But no, the pain forced him to become too strong to accept self delusion, it forced him to confront the world as it was rather than comforting himself of dreams of things which will never be. The sickness made him one of the healthiest men of his age, which did not reveal how sick it was until 1914.

This is a very good post bro.

First time browsing this board.
It will also be the last.
Dont talk to me ever again.

He was wrong about most things. That's why he went insane.

Like what?

Trying to claim that Will ought to be validated

You clearly didn't read him

This whole meme meme is actually troubling me and making me think if anything i believe is actually a meme

Thinking with his dick and getting syphilis. Sex, not even once.

I used to feel that way. But then I realised "everything" is essentially a meme.

Even the greatest minds can succumb to the power of the pussy, what hope have of we?

Can you elaborate on why he's wrong?

Quality post bro.

yes

>2016
>Not knowing Elliot Rodgers btfo'd Nightzchie

>>

>Where did he go wrong
>LEL
>FUCKING
>IMPLYING

this is the rabble talking

FPBP

He preached that Philosophers should "hit the nail on the head with a Hammer" when Philosophizing.

But in many of his books he often gets to what he wants to say in a very round a bout way and drags out and labors his points often repeating himself, just to flesh out his book imo and stroke his ego.

However there is much Gold to be found in Nietzsche

Not accept Christ.

because someone who actually read him will fing that is not what he said.

>Debunked Enlightenment-era emotivist morality
>Replaced it with crap about the Ubermensch instead of Aristotle

t. Alasdair McIntyre

>yet he created no life-affirming or positive values
Did you fail to read Zarathustra or anything he wrote after it? Will to power and the Overman are basically the most life-affirming and positive fucking goals ever posited by a human being.

You don't need to know someone to be influenced by their ideas and actions

telegraph.co.uk/education/3313279/Madness-of-Nietzsche-was-cancer-not-syphilis.html
leonardsax.com/Nietzsche.pdf

How would he react to early Lisa Simpson?

I would have been his mate.
Poor Freddy, but he was probably an asshole tbqh.
Did he die a virgin?

Knowing but misrepresenting ressentiment as belonging to the actually creative lower-class and not the sterile parasite upper-class.

>Did he die a virgin
Very unlikely. I'm sure somebody would have brought it up when they (albeit likely incorrectly) diagnosed him with syphilis. And he hung around quite a few different free love type people.

In the very first sentences of anything he wrote, where he sets up a circular argument every time.

>implying theres anything wrong with circular arguments

>he sets up a circular argument every time.
Mere logic my old blood.

Nice

he was a pathetic mentally ill piece of shit who dreamed of great conquerors like Napoleon or Alexander.

In these days he would be a first worlder with no problems who dreams of a third world war to give meaning to his life.

His influence was only negative.

>he was a pathetic mentally ill piece of shit who dreamed of great conquerors like Napoleon or Alexander.

No, you're thinking of Hegel.

stealing from, but no quoting stirner

this (though you could say he made stirner his property)

By getting cancer.