Hi Veeky Forums i´m starting my career in physics, so...

Hi Veeky Forums i´m starting my career in physics, so, which do yo think is the best calculator that would help me work now and in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.solovyev.android.calculator
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you're starting a career in physics, then you should already know what calculator works best for you

>physics

TI-83/84 is fine

Hell, engineer here, im in my 3rd year and only use a TI-30XII.

TI-84CE, Casio FX-CG10 and HP Prime are on my wishlist tbqh pham

Unless you are going to program some complicated things, no class in physics other than like physics 1 even allows you to use a calculator. The gre for graduate school is no calculator, your grad examinations are no calculator. The classes you'll take in math are no calculator. Dont get a calculator

Wtf? Every physics exam I've ever taken has been calculator

I'm using a TI-84 Plus that I bought in high school (I think it was required, I was doing IB) in 2005 or 2006. Still working fine to this day, everything still works. Even dropped it down a flight of stairs, nothing happened.

Though arguably in this day and age you could use a smartphone to do everything, I still prefer using a physical calculator.

This app is nice, I like the UI, instead of shift and 2nd you access the extra functions by swiping the keys up or down. Also has 3D graphing.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.solovyev.android.calculator

>using a calculator in physics class
completely unnecessary
>using numbers at all in physics class
completely pointless

Did you ever get past intro physics? I'm not trying to belittle or anything but literally all classes above the intro level are no calculator. They drill the notion of using a calculator out of you by the time classical mechanics and EM roll around.

By FAR the best calculator to have handheld is a TI-36X. Only 20 bucks on Amazon, can't go wrong. More for Engineering majors though, you normally would just not use a calculator.

Otherwise you will need matlab and shit to do some real plotting or whatever.

I'm 2nd year university, about to go into 3rd year for physics

Da FUCK!!!
IPhone 7... FAR more powerful than ANY calculator

That's actually pretty nice looking. I kinda want one to replace my shitty TI.

OP if you want a graphing calculator, look into the HP-50g if you want to learn to into RPN mode. I have one, learning to use it, it's kinda cool. And cheaper than a fucking TI-84 so it's a no brainer to me.

Other anons are right. But I don't think owning a calculator is some weird shit. Once in a while, you need one. And sure you can open up matlab or python or whatever, but using a physical calculator is nice and comfy, and of course doesn't require a boot up time or battery life from your phone.

chemical engineer here, get a fast laptop and an n-spire. you will be valedictorian

Its a graphing calculator with no graphing function.

No thanks

I feel like if you need a graphing calculator, you need to turn in a graph.

And if you have to turn in a graph, most professors (at least where I am as a 3rd year ME) want it done in some sort of graphing package.

Anyone who suggests otherwise must immediately kill themselves.

Having a graphing utility is more useful than just examining graphs. If you have an integral bounded by two lines, it helps you determine which will be a and b. Or parametric/polar graphs ate easier to comprehend.

I suppose that's fair, although I can do that on a computer too.

I think it just boils down to your major and what you are using it for.

Why the 48g over the 50g?

Not starting shit, I just know a lot of people prefer it over the 50g

Matlab

CAS software: Matlab, Maple, Mathematica, WinPython
+
$15 scientific calculator: Casio FX115es+, Casio FX991ex, Canon F-792SGA

This

>WinPython
>Not just running Python in a Linux terminal

WinPython saves you the trouble of installing Python + NumPy + SciPy + SymPy + Matplotlib + Spyder + IPython + Pandas + ....

If I recall correctly, Ubuntu already comes with many of these libraries

No decent, no scratch that for the the OP still in highschool, no University/College will want you to graph shit in the calculator.

It's all software. As it should be.

WAY better than any TI, even my Nspire is shite because it is lag. Owning calculator is a shit is gigantic meme, even physics majors will have a course where they have a calculator required.

The 36X has easy programming too + solving matrices + list of all the constants in entry level physics/engineering courses. Great for those first years of uni.