Do not be fooled ChainLink has A LOT of competition

Many LINKIES like to say "ChainLink is the only oracle solution and they are way ahead". Why do you care so much about ChainLink when there's so many oracle projects in the works? If you truly believed in oracles you'd be talking about more than only one project. Why not Augur, Mobius, Witnet or Streamr?

Attached: IMG_1507.jpg (750x748, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ripple.com/insights/smart-oracles-building-business-logic-with-smart-contracts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks, just sold 100k

LINK is first mover that has been in the works for 4 years. The rest are centralized or copycat late-comers.

Decentralized smart contracts

>decentralize while you decentralize

Attached: nig.jpg (500x323, 18K)

damn my nig just sold all my stinkies wtf why hasn’t anyone talked about this b4???

>competition
>list is literally titled "Different focuses, different data providers"

Attached: Screenshot 2018-03-13 at 2.08.44 PM.png (794x584, 80K)

Wrong. First mover isn't as important as you think. It's more the market they are looking to target, i.e. SWIFT, Securites, Financial contracts, bonds etc.

I understand why you guys like to post about Link a lot. What I don't get is why these others aren't relevant here.

Steamr is not a competitor, they could be useful for link node operators

Augur is not a competitor, entirely different purpose of oracles

We all know this is shitty FUD but I’ll bite

>Augur
Literally incomparable, not at all competition
>Mobius
Literal Pajeets. Their whitepaper says it all with its buzzwords and hype
>Witnet
test net 2019, disregarded. Also we all have seen the pics of the CEO
>streamr
Literally who

>Augur
Biggest competitor imho

>Gnosis
Ugly logo

>Mobius
Cheap indian knockoff

>Witnet
anonymous so gov. will crack down on it
witnet sounds like whitenet so it's racist

>Strearmr
sound like a gay streaming site

i dont know shit about streamr. witnet is trash, testnet in 2019, mainnet 2020. tokens will be given only after mainnet. mobius is trying to do too much. augur, i dont know. i think i read somewhere that it isn't as fast because it relies on consensus of "oracles" (aka people who bet on shit). also slow because of delays allowing for disputes. could be wrong. im not well read on augur, sorry. im only sure about mobius and witnet.

Augur is not a competitor, different focus entirely

if you were here in October you'd know that edging is a cornerstone of the SmartContract.com company. There is no hype, only energy spent towards working on the product. In fact edging was what Sergey focused on for his Philosophy degree. This explains why partnerships are being kept secret and the suddenness of the inevitable singularity. When the singularity happens, be sure to open the Citizen app if you live in the SF bay area and look for an incident titled "office building flooded with semen" as Sergey et al will no longer be able to contain themselves. Sergey will blow the biggest load though as he's expressed a greater propensity of a hard on for decentralization. In fact in his interviews the first word Sergey says to candidates is "decentralization." No sentences or words around it. He looks intensely at their crotch, and if the candidate doesn't get wet or hard in 30 seconds the candidate is rejected.
With this information the reasoning is clear: a significant partnership has been secured, and the smartcontract team has been vigorously doing laundry or buying new underwear. This isn't sustainable however because the massive volume of pre cum will ruin the dry cleaning machines. It's only a matter of time until the laundromats find out whats going on. Hence it is a race against ejaculation, and a rigorous mental battle to keep their enthusiasm in check.

cto is hispanic, surprised it's not called spicnet

first mover is literally the only reason btc is still alive

Attached: 1515440766550.jpg (824x1024, 89K)

Are any of those blockchain agnostic?

Have any released any product code?

steemit was a mistake

>First mover isn't as important as you think

Attached: 1507428132684.png (586x578, 37K)

> what is fast follower strategy

Guys, this is fucked up, but hear me out.
I just spoke with the new marketing director of Chainlink and he had some pretty interesting things to tell.

We all know that Sergey has gotten kind of big lately, but the last months it has sprialed out of control. He is now so morbidly obese that he cannot support his own weight. Apparently he used a large chunk of the ICO money to install a huge aquarium in his house. He, and I kid you not, spends 22 houres a day in it to release the strain on his knees and back. According to the MD of Chainlink, he has switched to eating fish food. He says it has the optimal balance of minerals an positive vibrations. But the most fucked up thing is that he is supposedly mating with a clown fish. I don't know if the fish consent or not, but with Sergeys current size I don't think he have a say in the matter. Also, once a day he is hoisted out of the tank and onto a couch so that he can watch his favorite TV show Dr. Phil.

I don't know what to think anymore Veeky Forums. I'm not a professional investor, but I don't think link is a good investment if all of this is true?

Attached: 1518274734561.jpg (634x425, 218K)

>what is a red ocean

oracles should not be worth over 30m
in 2020+ there will be over 50 oracles all competing over pennies

Attached: 1518466179199.jpg (792x960, 63K)

>First mover isn't as important as you think.
Lel if you say so.

Attached: 1399562671973.jpg (500x437, 42K)

OP completely and irrecoverably BTFO

Oracle's are not unique to chainlink.

Attached: main-qimg-289b40ebb0f963bcd62635ed575eaacd-c.jpg (602x339, 26K)

First mover means nothing. Some companies strategy is waiting for you to move so they can follow and divide base in half. Dollar general follows family dollar around. They let family dollar do all the leg work.

Nine of these are using secure offchain verifiable transactions within a tamper proof environment.

>augur
saying it's a decentralized oracle is like me saying that 100 pajeets making a phone call with the same info at once is a decentralized oracles network

>mobius
trash, micro transaction BS, 2 pajeets to give xlm a purpose of existence.

>witnet - CL wannabe with random picks, this shit will fail sooner than it starts, but it won't even start

>streamr - don't even know that one but IOT is a nice buzzword and that's all, at least for the next years, and I plan on being rich very fucking soon, not in 5 years (and that's a big IF)

Attached: linkcompetitionkek.jpg (1172x70, 26K)

Ripple will have built in oracles then? Which the some main concerns around ChainLink is the fact that soon a superior blochain (3rd gen) will have oracles built in. Making ChainLink obsolete. Problem with this is that ChainLink is blockchain agnostic. Meaning easily implemented on various platforms not just one.

Yes, thats why i sold my links

Codius is way better than chainlink

This is due and doesn't consider the network effect. The fast follower strategy also depends on being fast and overtaking. Doing a test net a full year after the release of the mainnet of the industry leader is bound to end in tears.

1st mover advantage is fucking everything in this case, you have to be a brainlet who doesn't even understand how dec oracles work.
You faggots think it's just a piece of software that can be added to any blockchain and do the work itself?
no brainlets, decentralized oracles are real people around the world running node independently, good fucking luck incentivizing and onboarding all the node operators needed if you are late to the party. Chainlink will wipe the floor with every possible competitor. SCREENCAP THIS

Also if any of you brainlets listened to Sergey's devcon talk he said clearly
>1-2 years for a full API library
do you even API? do you even know what that means faggots? yes that means the network will have easy access to the most popular and demanded data sources. Any new comer not nly will have to onboard a shitload of node operators but also create adaptors, fill the libraries etc.

$70 eoy if we get another general bull run
$10-$20 if the market sentiment remains the same
SCREEN CAP THIS BITCHES

Attached: The Holy Cube.jpg (512x509, 65K)

>First mover means nothing.
Lel if you say so.

Attached: 1339607490285.gif (403x234, 1.99M)

itt fags not understanding the point of decentralization in all aspects of crypto

>Augur
Within their ecosystem, niche use case

>Mobius
Within their ecosystem

>Witnet
A fucking testnet in 18 months. Shit whitepaper. Vapourware.

>Streamr
Within their ecosystem + what the fuck even is that shit

>Chainlink
Blockchain agnostic, literally for any API and any blockchian, serious partnerships, high quality whitepaper, team has been on to this since ethereum's early days

Get the fuck out. LINK 1000$ EOY.

Another covert LINK shill thread, good work guy

>since ethereum's early days
earlier newfag

Attached: 8sa3o_pjGB0guIknoq9MA1B1bUpZhD5XJ5GKP3wos9c.jpg (885x402, 96K)

0/10

witnet is said to use a "headless browser". will they use some kind of headless chrome? doesn't sound very secure

Ripple codius:
ripple.com/insights/smart-oracles-building-business-logic-with-smart-contracts/

>The Codius implementation of smart oracles is designed to provide developers with a robust and familiar platform to build smart contracts and hit the ground running. Because Codius uses Google’s Native Client to sandbox untrusted code, developers can write contracts in any programming language.

wow how many times were you dropped as a child. I mean..fuck.... chairman and founder of the WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM wrote about Sergey's company years ago. Sergey has been plotting behind the scenes for at least 4 years. Be more creative with your fud, or go back to plebbit

fuckin chekt 'n' rekt

Smart contracts are the future

Attached: Screenshot_20180313-122805~2.png (1235x1340, 281K)

checkked and this

Attached: eth.jpg (545x227, 27K)

Kek's will knows no bounds

Attached: youcrazySOB.gif (500x218, 537K)

lol

Attached: 1398358402444.jpg (402x402, 40K)

This means less than first mover advantage. Everyone here believes link will succeed. You really think it'll shock people to see $10 link? No.

>competition
>witnet, mobius
>generic single use-cases for oracle services, that will end up being absorbed or complimented by LINK network

Attached: 1520018474458.jpg (1200x1382, 142K)

Link won’t win unless it’s partnered with req.

Good thing it is

W3W LAD AND THEY'RE ALL SHITE
REQ won't win unless it's partnered with LINK****

who gives a shit. link is working with swift. are you retards? there is no crypto project ever associated with something like this. even if they are just sending an email every couple of months, that shit would still more relevant that any partnership existing in the crypto space, excluding ripple.

I belive CL will be the first crypto project actually used for something in real world