8 courses at $125

Got seats at the sushi bar!

Jalapeño topped tuna with a garlicky yuzu soy sauce

Sashimi course with a palate cleanser

im lurking

Salmon sashimi, seared and served with sesame oil and seeds

Japanese barramundi sashimi with garlic chips and dry miso

Everything so far is amazing, fresh af fish

This was yamamomo, some sort of Japanese berry I'd never seen before. It was absolutely delicious, texture of a blueberry and flavour of a perfectly ripe peach

A salad of deep fried spinach garnished with ginger shoots or something. There were a few slices of sashimi hidden underneath.

Incredible texture and flavours. One of the best spinach dishes I've ever had

Continue, OP...

Nigiri and a deep fried cube of rice topped with scallop and caviar

Keep it up, this looks tasty as fuck

The rice cube was the most interesting, they used sushi rice to make it. The flavour of the raw scallop was overwhelmed however and I couldn't taste much of it.

The nigiri had juuust the right amount of wasabi brushed on to highlight the flavours of the fish. The rice was on the cool side but well seasoned. Tuna, yellowtail and Spanish mackerel left to right

A big fat seared scallop with Jalapeño salsa and seared Brussel sprout.

The scallop was so sweet and tasty, and though not normally a fan I enjoyed the Brussel sprout too.

This was a bloody excellent meal, well worth every cent

holy shit what a rip off, and i like expensive omakase, but all of that shit you just ate and paid top dollar for was dunked in salsa and pickles. that shit is not worth 40 dollars let alone 125.

A surprising course, local lamb chop doused in chipotle sauce

Deliciously fatty and a perfect medium rare

Miso soup with clams

Nicely savoury and salty

>chipotle
you lost me here

Hi Borneo!

What's wound round the bone there?

It might be a Japanese variation. The ones I ate in China doesn't look like that and certainly don't taste like peach

Ice cream mochi and a tiny chocolate soufflé for dessert. Delicious!

The flavours were complimentary and not overwhelming, it was tasty and I enjoyed it

Yeah idk it was good though.

sick thread op

For final dessert we had Swedish fish oreos
A bit on the sweet side but not bad for a novelty item

Hullo user!

A strip of daikon radish, so you can eat it with your hands and not get your fingers dirty

It was quite sweet. What did yours taste like?

Glad you enjoyed your meal OP! Don't forget to grab a handful of those tamarind candies on the way out

Hope you guys enjoyed this thread!

Oh nooooo I must've missed those

We did, thanks for your pictures and commentary as always! Keep going and taking us with you.

How did the bf enjoy it btw?

i imagine the oreos not tasting good

He got a seared seabass fillet instead of the lamb chop because he doesn't like red meat, but he enjoyed it as much as I did!

I believe they would taste good if you were a fan of Swedish fish

How was this dish? The oil seems like it would overpower any flavor the sashimi would have.

I certainly hope a berry on a plate doesn't count as a course OP.

What a fun thread! Thanks for sharing OP

One day I'm going to have a nice job and a gf and take us out to a 125$ meal.

;_;

That's actually pretty brilliant with the daikon, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Those oreos trolled the fuck out of me for tasting exactly like swedish fish. All the taste but with oreo texture. feelsweirdman.

Sesame was definitely the dominant flavour here, but I could still taste the salmon sashimi.

It was a nice palate cleanser like the pickled ginger

You can do it user! Everyone's gotta start somewhere!

They really did nail the flavour. It's not bad tasting, just incongruous

Was it 125 for 2, or each?

Each.

Did this fill you up?

where do u get the cash for dis

>It was quite sweet. What did yours taste like?
It tastes sour and sweet, kinda like a rum cherry. And it looks like a purple fuzzy ball

Yes. I wasn't super full but was very satisfied. People underestimate the amount of food there is because of the tiny portions but I've never left hungry after one of these meals. Though the time I had the 18 course menu I had to take a short break in between

This isn't a regular thing and we're pretty frugal in general. I cook our meals usually, we don't have a car and walk/take pub transport etc. All this adds up so once in a while we can afford to splurge on a nice meal.

That sounds wack. I'll try that if I ever come across it

Oh America.

I get the feeling OP isn't American you yuropeasant.

Wack means bad, stupid cunt.

You should have said "That sounds dope".

Good thread OP. Make this if you do it again.

Looked pretty tasty, but the tiny portions would piss me off if I was hungry

why did they spunk on the soufflé

How long did the meal last?

Was there a break between courses or was the next one served up as soon as you finished the previous?

That's wack

About 1.5 hours, the dishes came out pretty quickly. There was a bit of a break before the lamb course.

I do make threads whenever I have a nice meal that I think people find interesting.

That's cute

Great thread OP. Fuckin hungry now

>ginger shoots or something

Those are the severed arms of Cthulhus children

>deep friend rice

Come to think of it I've never had this, how was the texture?

I made pie
>pls recognize me B-borneo s-senpai

This was my favorite thread on Veeky Forums in a long time. Thank you very much OP.
I would really like to see more people most great meals like this.

Glad you enjoyed it!

would savour again/10

crispy as heck! they musta double fried it

thats a good lookin pie! pumpkin?

I try my best to share good meals with you cu/ck/s

pumpkin, heavy on the ginger! Graham cracker crust.

do you know what graham crackers are over there?

they're basically digestive biscuits innit? sounds good!

maybe? they're mildly sweet whole wheat and honey crackers baked very crisp, and you crush them up and mix with butter to make a crumb crust thats soft and crunchy at the same time.

little kids get them as a school snack pretty often

yeah I think they're the same thing, they're crisp and crumbly and £1 a packet
lived off these for a while

Quality thread OP

Close enough. Now you can make a pie too!

eh, i could get all this for $20. $30 if it's after 3-ish

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm planning to revisit a restaurant in January so look forward to more!

but instead of making a pie i can just dip the biccies in for the same taste and no effort

Bumping Quality Veeky Forums Thread one last time, effort deserves praise and recognition
>be ma waifu
>kidding I'm gay

Didn't realize Veeky Forums was allowed to have ddecent threads, good job OP

>kidding I'm gay
Aren't we all

Be the change you want to see!

>upscale restaurant
>still uses shitty tube """wasabi"""

They lost me when they put jalepenos on tuna but this is a place that has to appeal to Americans

$125 for sushi topped with pickles, jalapeno, and swimming in soy sauce. I'd guess you ate in some shit west texas town if it wasn't for that insane price.

They used actual ground wasabi root. It does look the same as dyed horseradish but I much prefer the wasabi root.

Looks good OP, nice thread.

Glad ya enjoyed it!

That looks like the most perfect lean tuna i have ever seen. I want.

post your fat tits, chink

I was surprised at the high quality of the fish too, especially since it was in the mountains. The chef said they get their fish from California daily

Shits fancy