You have five dollars to make this simple bowl of rice as delicious as possible

You have five dollars to make this simple bowl of rice as delicious as possible.
Go.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NhkdLHSKo9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just add soy sauce. Or bbq sauce.

sriracha is like 2$ a bottle

Chilli oil with black beans

Use the $5 to buy four mcdoubles. They taste better and will fill you up more.

Buy dozen eggs- $1.75
Soy sauce - $2.50
Green Onion -$0.75

Buy short grain from an Asian country and use a rice cooker.

Jar of green curry paste and a can of coconut milk

lao gan ma, green onions, sesame seeds, three eggs

delicious as fuck and it'll cost you $6 if you literally only have the rice

Toast some cumin seeds in the bottom before adding the water and rice, add some frozen peas in the last 5 minutes of cooking then add soy sauce.

-buy booze for $5
-try to forget what a failure I am.

this for life

1Buy soy sauce tofu and green onion.
2 Dice the tofu and roast it with soy sauce, season it with pepper and salt.
3 Chop the green onions and also roast it in soy sauce.
4. Mix some soy sauce amongst the rice and add tofu and green onions.

Eat the rice last, if you still want it

Throw out rice
Steal 5 more dollars
Go to Chipotle

discard and replace with brown rice, preferably cooked with turmeric for nice color, and add beans and vegetables and stuff. Here in Minnesota, my daily average food budget is $6. $5 on one meal is luxury.

ginger, garlic, shallot, and green onion. Should be around $5 if you take small lbs of ginger. Put them together and cook them in oil with the rice and make a shitty fried rice.

Fuck yes. Lao gan ma is one of the best condiments on earth. And the guy on the jar looks so fucking sad, it's hilarious.

Old woman on the jar*
Whoops

This right here.

It looks burnt

>Paying 10$ for carbs on top of carbs, rolled up in carbs, with a bit of meat and spicy sauce

lentils
corn
sriracha

Let's do the math

>Buy soy, soy and onion
>Roast the soy in soy
>Roast the onions in more soy
>Serve with rice, add soy

Soy sauce. There, I done den went and did it.

Cook in chicken stock with some tumeric, cumin, and curry powder.

Five McChickens. Fuck the rice.

Add a knob of butter to it.

>$5
>5 mcchickens
>mcchicken $1.19 each
>murica

curry, tumeric, onion, peas, almonds, raisins, chicken stock

You forgot the rice, user

1 can of teriyaki spam $2.50
1 lb of some random blanched Chinese vegetables $1.99

It's a stock image, my dude. It's not like OP made it

>buy pint of vodka
>drink it
>put a little salt on the rice and eat it then go to sleep

>guy on the jar
>Godmother's angry stare intensifies
Lao Gan Ma and Chiu Chow chili oil are awesome.

you dingbat the rice is included, you have $5 to make the rice better

read a book nigger

Black beans
Sardines
Broccoli
Soy sauce
Chili paste

peanut butter and some red wine vinegar

peanut butter rice with some tang, delish

finely julienne five dollar bills and mix with rice. It adds crunchy texture and a slight cocaine note with a hint of stripper ass

I don't care to be honest with you familyalam

i wish i knew what it was like to be rich.

Has any of you never had pickled vegetables before? Try 饭遭殃 or similar 榨菜

Best shit there is

bag of mixed vegetables and fried luncheon (bolognes) or ham, fry in wok cheap fried rice.

>1 tbsp Mirin
>1 tbsp Miso
>1/2 tsp sugar
>pinch of dashi powder
>mix well, set aside
>make rice into onigiri
>roast onigiri until crisp on the outside but still soft on the inside
>when finished paint with sauce mixture and roast again until it looks just slightly burnt (it will take like 10 seconds the sugar in the sauce burns very fast)

Not OP but thanks user. I just woke up and I'm craving savoury.

Saved.

That looks/sounds easy and delicious, and everything is already on hand.

Fold the bill into an origami crane and use it as a garnish.

>Tell me you'd pick any other option ITT

>grilling rice

is

is this a thing

>can of sardines in soya sauce mixed in and broken up
>kimchi
>roasted seaweed sheets, used to scoop up the goods

easy.

Add butter and sweet chili sauce.

Fucking amazing - I eat it as a standalone meal all the time.

Put a steak on top of it.

just crack an egg over it and mix it together

>If it's carbs it's not worth paying money for
Even if it was 100% meat it would be like $2 worth. You're paying for the convenience of having many ingredients cooked, seasoned, and assembled together. Have you never ordered a pasta dish at a restaurant?

Garlic, green onion, soy sauce, eggs and tofu. (Not an American but this would easily fit into 5 euroshekels and you'd have lots food of lefover)

Another good option is corn, black beans, regular onion(chopped) and sriracha. Cook the veggies with the rice in chicken stock, then and serve drizzled with sriracha.

Making onigiri with tuna+mayo filling is also a great.

My nigga, I buy food on similar budget and eat still really nice food. I don't get why anyone would eat out every fucking day when you can save a ton of cash by just cooking simple food yourself.

Italian short grain rice is great as well and easier/cheaper to come by in the western world.

Haven't tried fish with rice yet. Sounds weird but I'm intrigued.

Until you get unlucky and catch salmonela. Worst 2 weeks of my fucking life. I love raw egg but I don't risk it unless I know they're from free range chickens from a good farm and I saw the fucking farm with my own 2 eyes.

I've had pickled veggies, never had pickled moon runes though.

Hire a chink to prepare it for me

Can I be Top Chef now?

Onion, carrot, peas, tomato paste, bullion cube.

Hol' up hol' up. You sayin' I can eat raw egg? My mom always taught me that store bought eggs have a good chance of having bacteria or some shit in them because of what they feed them. I used to eat raw eggs back when I was a kid because we had our own chickens at home that were grass fed, loved that shit so much. Raw egg yolks mixed with honey, best dessert ever, I miss it so much. So what's the deal?

That would actually cost a little over 6 bucks these days

Organic should be fine.

Kimchi + seasame oil.

Buy pasteurized eggs.

I make this cross between chili and curry that I put on rice. It's stupid nutritious and tastes great. Dirt cheap to make a week worth of it and it's become one of my favorite meals.
>Not eating whole grain
It's like you hate texture and pooping

Don't eat raw eggs. Not only are you risking salmonella but you need to denature the egg whites to absorb the biotin in them. You want nice hair? Don't eat raw eggs. Not only do you not absorb it from the egg but it reduces absorbtion from other sources too.

A very very small amount of butter and pepper.

In normal countries the chances are incredibly low and even in the US you have like a 1 in 10,000 chance.

Either way cooked eggs are more nutritious and generally tastier. Just cook them god damn.

Egg is bad for your prostate :(

Scrambled eggs in sukiyaki are terrible

Don't need the money just give me 5 minutes and some lube and I'll make that rice really tasty if you know what I mean.

Green onion - $.79
Ginger - $.50
Carrots - $.99
Eggs - $.79 for a half dozen
Mushroom - $1.49

I really have to be in the mood for Tamago kake Gohan. Use a covered saucepan when cooking rice so towards the end I will crack an egg and let is sit for a minute before stirring.

ejaculate in the rice

Just read through the whole thread. Some really good suggestions.

I've been this broke before (actually am for the next three days).

The curry and coconut milk is a great one.

Curry and lentils is good.

The raw egg with Nanami Togarashi and some chopped onion or chives

Going to try the onigiri recipe

Tuna with really any sauce and peas is good, quick, and easy...

Eat a fuckload of celery to compensate.

Put a whole tomato and like a tablespoon of oil in the rice cooker at the start of the cooking process. When the rice is done, mash the tomato up in the rice.

Spices optional, salt and pepper recommended.

Use chicken stock instead of water.

When cooked add cilantro/coriander &lime juice

>5$

Fry a sliced onion in the rendered fat of a merguez, pour on rice

Fry a sliced onion in the rendered fat of a chicken leg, pour in rice, add soy or hot sauce

Or

you're on a roll today, huh?

Rice wine vinegar.
Prik nam pla
Fried egg

Cup of noodles. Hot water, and egg(optional). put the rice in the cup of noodles. Adding rice to cup of noodles went a long way in making it more filling, and pretty good too

>open mcdouble
>put rice in

>$5 Each when you buy two or more

nice try

I want to go back in time before I saw this gif.

This, just made it. Sprinkle a bit more salt on the top and add toasted garlic. Fed for days

Buy a leg quarter, bone and pound as thin as possible cook skin down with only salt, flip and finish literally 50¢

Now with the remaining grease and juices in the pan mix citrus zest, a couple tbs of juice, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, shoaxing, spices of your choice (I typically have white pepper, chiles and seasame) reduce and cook down slowly then when carmelize top on cooled rice (you guys who worry about fibre need to look into resistant starches)

Where are you from user? My countries ministry of health just declared all eggs safe to eat raw. Also I never actually considered it "that" raw, more like a carbonara type of thing. I'd say go ahead, it is glorious

Currently live in Czech republic and I've researched a bit and found out that there is very low chance of getting eggs with bacteria so they should be safe to eat because the hygiene standards are high. Supposedly eggs from chickens that are kept in halls on cereal diet are the safest. So I'm making me some rice with egg today.

Any advice on what spices to add besides salt? I can't find the japanese rice spices locally (I can order but that's a couple of days), of the japanese stuff I only have some nori and soy sauce.

>So what's the deal?

Paranoia.

You know about car accidents, right? Does that stop you from riding in a car?

Two McChickens and a drink, take the free salt and pepper packets.

Soy and fish sauce goes a long way and it's pretty classic, just a tad. That being said I'd say go and experiment, I'd imagine honey glazed bacon cooked real crisp and chopped into tiny bits could make a wonderful addition, maybe some smoked fish like mackerel would also do well. But just throw things at it and see what sticks, It's a good and diverse breakfast and hard to get tired of if you keep trying new things

Two teaspoons sugar and a quarter cup of half & half. Throw in some raisins if suited.

I'd spend $5 on McDonald's, enjoy a great cheap meal, and shit on those nip tic tac shitty cocks!!

>eating based grilled beef tongue in Sendai
>tell the waiter to hold the rice and just give me another ¥560 of beef tongue.

youtube.com/watch?v=NhkdLHSKo9s