What Book Should I Read?

I'm 26 years old and I've only read 3-4 books in my life. What book should I read?

How to kill yourself

Bible

>I'm 26 years old and I've only read 3-4 books in my life.
why

read the bible and go back to your farm, peasant

I already read the bible

Most people will tell you to start with the Greeks but I tend to think it not necessary. Jump right in with Hegel's "Phenomenology of Spirit". It's pretty comfy.

If you wan to gain a true love for reading then start the same way most of us did. Read wild fiction, fantasy, sci-fi, Horror, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Dark Tower, The Shining. You might feel a little childhish reading Harry Potter or Enders Game in your mid-twenties, but in it you may find a love for reading that is vital to begin reading some of the stuff that some of the more "refined" readers on this board would infinitely suggest.

Try Crime and Punishment

Finnegan's Wake.

tai pei - tao lin

The anarchists cookbook

Finnegan's Wake

Is that one hard

Start with the Greeks.

Which Books?

top kek!

We have compiled lists for this shit, read the sticky.

If you haven't read Homer, than you are dumber than the Simpson's character.

The beginning and end of the entire hobby known as reading can be fulfilled with one book. It's called Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. It will change your life.

What have you already read?

I get it homer simpson xDDDDD

What went wrong?

No. People will tell you it is, but that's just a meme. The plot is really pretty simple.

The Bible, The Hobbit, and Huckleberry Finn.

Oh that's easy then.

1984, Slaughter House Five, and Fahrenheit 451 are all easy reads, and their length won't be too taxing for someone who isn't used to reading.

Read the sticky

Refer to - and shut the fuck up.

go back to tumblr with those emoticons

you fell for the bait dude

don't dude me you long haired yahoo

Spent lots of time on the internet and stuff, also have a hectic job.

The Pearl
Of Mice and Men
Old man and the sea
Catcher in the rye

if you still have interest in reading after reading those essential reads then we will send you more recommendations . now fuck off

>no The Painted Man
nice bait

The whole Bible is more than four books, you sinful, sinful liar, you.

Robinson Crusoe

Why is Catch-22 considered hard to read? On Goodreads it tops the list of "began but unfinished" books. It can't be much harder than Infinite Jest.

It's been a while since I've read it, but I remember the book being a bit directionless through the middle. Perhaps that's off-putting to people.

awful advice, you can read simplistic literature without having to read this shite to kindle a love of literature its just about working out what you like. A better selection would be Conrad, Borges, Bolano, Chekhov, Kafka, Camus (unfortunately), Steinbeck... These are simply written (translations for the most part) and enjoyable.

I wouldn't consider it difficult by any means, it's just not as easy as .

Unfortunately any book longer than 300-350 pages, that isn't YA, has a way of intimidating non-readers.