Is there a scientific reason why human beings cannot unite as an entire species across our planet and start progress...

Is there a scientific reason why human beings cannot unite as an entire species across our planet and start progress towards a united human future?

What would happen if human beings just stopped going to work and insisted that the governments dissolve and unite under one human banner that stands for total human progress?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=species
boundless.com/biology/textbooks/boundless-biology-textbook/evolution-and-the-origin-of-species-18/formation-of-new-species-125/the-biological-species-concept-500-11726/
theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-22904,00.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What would happen if human beings just stopped going to work

Chaos.

We are territorial and tribal in nature. When we unite in smaller groups, we dedicate ourselves to them and the isolation from the rest becomes inevitable.

To unite the world, you need a common enemy. If there was an alien attack threatening mankind, we would feel the need to unite all together and our banner would become one.

Because there isn't just one species of human and the interspecies' relationships are not good now and never have been. Currently things are only getting worse.

>essentialism

Because white people aee barbaric. They are still stuck on gaining more land and resources for themselves. They started a war over oil; they bombed places where people are still harmed to this day. Just take a look at /pol/. You would think these people are just shitposting but they actually believe in these ideas. Trump is an actual candidate because whites want to get rid of non-white people in their country. Unity cannot start to occur unless people realize that all humans are equal.

Human beings are selfish.

0/10

because evolution does not exists for animal only.
every structure has as first an major objective its own preservation. states do the same too.

This is why we're supplied with such enemies which are global in scale such as terrorism, climate change, epidemics, financial crisis and so on

/thread.

>facts are somehow /pol/ related now

Wages would be annihilated and society would decline severely for several decades while everything was brought up to speed.

Humans can breed regardless of their skin color

What? This has nothing to do with OPs question kys

There is indeed one species of human, Homo sapiens sapiens. All other humanoid species were extinguished during the ice age. If you don't know what you are talking about, just shut up. This is not /pol/.

Do you even know the biological definition of the term "species"? And if this is a fact, then prove it. Give me biological evidence that people of different skin colors cannot produce fertile descendence (wich is the definition of species).

>brainlet embarasses himself with a dumb comment
>expects emmotional support and validation
>gets mocked
>says it was all a joke
>JustAPrank.jpg
Even if you are being ironic, dumb shit is still dumb.

>There isn't just one species of human

lmao fuck off /pol/. you aren't welcome here.

>Is there a scientific reason why human beings cannot unite as an entire species across our planet and start progress towards a united human future?
Yes, it's because OP always starts two-three threads on the same subject, and they're never Veeky Forums related.

If that's what makes something a species then do hybrids not exist? Plums and apricots are the same species?

Is this necessarily a bad thing?

Not him but...
Go google this shit before you spout off nonsense like:
>there isn't just one species of human

Seriously, I could explain, but then how would you learn?
Here, I'll get you started...
google.com/search?q=species

I've always been astonished that out of all the boards /k/ and Veeky Forums are the quickest to recognize /pol/ infiltrators and remind them to stay in their containment board.

Great work Veeky Forums.

Because competition and strife are what drive the human psyche.

Bonobos have a mentality very similar to the one you described. You'll notice they're still living in the jungle.

When civilization shifted from small hunter gatherer societies to large agricultural ones, it became difficult for any one person or group if people to possess enough knowledge to satisfy and meet the needs of every person. This is where the very basic idea of a market comes from. What a market system enables is for people utilize facts and information distributed across thousands or even millions of people. Modern economies are all market based, whatever collectivist policies may exist alongside them. Markets are not inherently competitive, but human beings are. Together they tend to become something like competitive capitalism. It's inevitable.

As for working together, you're looking at the wrong species. We can be altruistic, but generally we want to serve our own separate interests. There's nothing wrong with that. The Greeks identified two kinds of Strife (both called Eris), one good and one bad. The bad Eris was embodied by war and slaughter, cruelty and catastrophe. The good Eris was represented in human competitiveness, one cobbler striving to outdo another, one city attempting to build more beautiful buildings than its neighbor. You could only get rid of the bad Eris if you were willing to lose the good.

boundless.com/biology/textbooks/boundless-biology-textbook/evolution-and-the-origin-of-species-18/formation-of-new-species-125/the-biological-species-concept-500-11726/

You don't know basic concepts of middle-school biology. This is a science board. If you want to discuss science, use scientific definitions and reasoning.

>Inb4 samefag

>>Inb4 samefag
/thread is always a samefag
Unless you go to /diy/, no-one on Veeky Forums ever agrees with anyone else on Veeky Forums.

duck + goose
horse + donkey
horse + zebra
wolf + poodle
me + ur fukin mom

guess they are all the same species!!1 xdd epic science u just got A X I O M E M E D

dunno man humans are all 100% alike no matter where you are

Elon Munjabe from west africa actually just launched his first self-made rocket last week, and before that Nikolas Oicuntgimmieanipofyapetrol from Australia created FTL string theory gravity well power armour.

Everybody except Hungarians, hungarians are absolutely worthless and have never contributed anything and must be eradicated for science to continue to progress. von Neumann more like gay buttfag copycat??

But all progress comes from europeans ashkenazi jews and east asians the rest are dead weight.

There is no scientific reason to unite

Nope. But he was right. He wrote what I was going to write.

>what are viable offspring

/thread

>there are un-ironic humanists on this board right now

Fuck you

This

this

What you saying is to purge South America and Africa? I'm okay with that.

delet this

Most of those don't create unfertile offspring 100% of the time.
It's more like 70/30.

pls go
Why invade other boards?

>species differences are based in appearence variations such as color, not on body functions,metabolism and reproduction efficiency
Please leave this board.

This will never happen user, we are primates so tribalism is in our nature. Diversity? Look at every race in America it lives around its own race segregated from other races humans are naturally racist.

low intelligence, it's that simple

We've been steadily approaching that point throughout our recent history. Once we start genetically engineering smarter humans, a united humanity or at least more extensive globalization is pretty much inevitable.

it's because "Race realism" which is like 50% of the core of /pol/s ideology is unscientific

>You could only get rid of the bad Eris if you were willing to lose the good
and this is where you're wrong

>what is race science
Niggers I can measure your skull with calipers and empirically prove your status as a subhuman

>subhuman
>different physical genetic expression
race realism is bunk but retards being stains on the gene pool like you being subhuman is pretty empirical

>Niggers I can measure your skull
>species differences are based on arbitrary appearence variations such as color and relative body part size rather then protein production, metabolic function and reproduction efficiency
Give me one peer reviewed "race science" article made in the last 10 years. Prove empirically using modern scientific publication that blacks are another species.
>inb4 "but science is controlled by jew illuminati sjw DDD:"

"racial realism" is not a part of modern science, as there is no academic publications of relevance.
The whole concept of racial "science" is a pseudo-science speech created to create emmotional support and comfort within a group. It's just another new-age pseudo-scientific subject, just like spiritism, scientificism, etc.

>is there a scientific reason why human beings cannot unite as an entire species

Yes. Non-whites exist.

Humans are selfish.

>"What's in it for me?"

>"I'll be dead by then."

If everyone had the ability to do so, without consequence, they would say do whatever feels good, no matter what it is.

>What would happen if human beings just stopped going to work and insisted that the governments dissolve and unite under one human banner that stands for total human progress?

I long for the days when I was this Naive.

I think Frederic Bastiat summarized the problem in the most effective way.

"Men naturally rebel against the injustice of which they are victims. Thus, when plunder is organized by law for the plunder of those who make the law, all the plundered classes try somehow to enter - by peaceful or revolutionary means - into making the law."

Yes, OP, there is a legitimate scientific reason for this. And that reason finds its origin in biology.

As a species and as individual biological organisms, human beings are both obliged and consequently behaviorally predisposed (in a word, we evolved) to conduct intraspecies competition for access to resources, including and above all both food and optimal sexual access, and later on whatever resources we have invented for ourselves, like money. Because things like money, once you have them, make you better able to get the things like food and sexual access, which are the immutable needs which motivate the better part of human endeavor - without having to kill someone else, say, which tends to paint you in a negative light to a given group.

Naturally this intraspecies competition is in tension with our advanced capacity as a species for cooperation. In fact, I would assert that these two sides to us are a contradiction in terms, and really cannot be resolved the one with the other, except in the unpleasant and philosophically wretched (that is, what is actually, scientifically the case, and regrettably so at that) fact of the reality of lived human adult life. Where you are obliged to sort of act like a jerk or dance like a monkey in order to attract a mate, even though you may know perfectly well that it's all for nothing and we're all dead in a few decades on the outside anyway, the urges don't go away in healthy individuals. The animal is configured in such a way that it is obliged to continue with its meaningless activities, or predisposed to.

theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-22904,00.html
It seems to me like the dividing lines between species is rather arbitrary and needs to be redefined.
>Inb4 hurry durr coyotes, wolves, and dogs are exactly the same, just like aboriginals, Asians, and mexicans

>union makes progress possible
Nope.
>a lot of companies which are "union" but their efficiency is very poor, and do nothing for their country and its progress
Only a small percentage of companies and human beings actually are successful on this matter.

>You need a commom enemy
That would activate the survival instinct of people so everyone would cooperate, though.

>Taxonomy
>concept argument

Do you think a lot of people are successful just because you are working in the morning, procrastinating in the afternoon, socializing in the evening, and drinking at night?

How can one be so proud about something he didn't achieve?
Patriotism?
You don't have to be proud of your history, to conserve it. The cultural identity is not what makes the world work.

>scientific reason
If you asked for some sociology/psychology studies, they imply humans are like animals, which principles(which are defined as inexorable) make someone act relatively predictable.

Prove using modern scientific data that different races of humans can only produce sterile offspring (according to the scientific definition of race).
Prove there are enough genetic differences related to body metabolism and protein production as well as reproductory efficiency to divide humans in different species.
In a reductionist manner, try to prove that if two parakeets (considered to be of the same species) have different colors and relative body size up to 10% bigger or smaller, they should be classified as different species.
If you cannot prove all of the things above, your argument is based on emmotional and ideological bias, and therefore not scientific

>Moving the Goalposts: the post

Fuckin enders game motherfuckers

While truthfuly being geneticly inferior they are still humans, at the same time you also have to realise that also makes whites inferior to asians.

"Hey everyone, look at the derth of scientific studies about racial differences!"

Please, can someone enlighten me to how many IRB's are going to approve studies that actually look at topics such as inter-race intellect?

With the fairly recent findings of European ancestry cross pollination with Neanderthal groups (while African ancestry remaining pure), suddenly this area of study is now controversial simply because of the potential implications of findings.

We have blood pressure medications specifically designed for people of African descent because there are physiological differences in cardiovascular responses (such as the response to angiotensin and overall sodium sensitivity).

Everyone is a human being, and deserving of the same levels of empathy and compassion as anyone else. However, plausible mechanisms of differences exist, and cover a number of areas. It's tiring to constantly listen to the "Let's not study it because evolution decided to egalitarian about this one specific trait, just trust me on that."

If South East asians were shown to have a higher average memory or (stereotypical) ability in things like mathematical reasoning, I would find that fact interesting. Such a fact isn't going to devalue me as an individual, simply based on a population mean. This argument is bizarre.

>Such a fact isn't going to devalue me as an individual, simply based on a population mean
The government's policy doesn't follow your reasoning. The paradoxical relation between the comformism-materialistic idea and some potential discrimination cause, are not compatible.

Masses are irresponsible and follow trends deducted by high-standing sociologists or expert bussinessmen.

>subspecies
>species

Choose one

Scientific? No.

Cultural? Yes.

Some traditions and long held beliefs and philosophies towards civic life and our existence as beings in this world are simply incompatible.

I like that vision too user, but in this case the /pol/fags are right, their nationalism is a little overboard but while all of Western civ might be able to work together, other chunks of the world just fucking can't fit with us.

you're an idiot, that drank too much /pol/ koolaid

Oh please, so individuals can have irreconcilable differences, but you think entire cultures can't?
Grow the fuck up.

I dont think birds are the best example.

>the 'subspecies' meme

> you think entire cultures can't?
seeing as in history, irreconcilable cultures have morphed into what you call "the West", no, I don't think anything is ever irreconcilable
Stop hanging out on /pol/ and pick up a history book.

>pick up a history book.
But user, history suggests the opposite.

Wouldn't work. Suppose a worker or a group of workers chickened out at the last second, they would then hold a monopoly on all labor being done. People who had not yet defected would see how much profit they are missing out on and would then defect.

>Is there a scientific reason why human beings cannot unite as an entire species?

Niggers.