Veeky Forums, I just finished all of my chemistry requirements for my EE degree, and.... I miss it. I miss chemistry...

Veeky Forums, I just finished all of my chemistry requirements for my EE degree, and.... I miss it. I miss chemistry. Been watching pic related all morning.

What would you have done with your life, Veeky Forums, if you only had the courage to throw away your future to recklessly pursue your secret passions?

I threw away a 80k starting ChemE private R&D position to recklessly pursue my passions in grad-school.

Worth every fucking cent I didn't earn.

I did throw away my life, as you so retardedly put it.

I live on a cheap sailboat in the Aegean sea.

I'm sorry for how you're going to feel about that decision ten years from now.

γιατί?

>What would you have done with your life, Veeky Forums, if you only had the courage to throw away your future to recklessly pursue your secret passions?

I'm switching programs and going for chemistry, I regret nothing

>studying physics
>miss biochemistry

I know that feel bro

No you aren't.

Lol, no. No I'm not. God help me, I relish it.

Have fun, make me some batteries or something

Reminder that it takes a lot more than passion and courage to pursue what you want.

Go on...

>why not both
friendly reminder that you're retarded OP

Hard work, luck, financial stability, and connections in either industry or academia. You will have to do a lot of things that you will not find interesting, and ideally you will not burn out on what interests you. I also wish you physical and mental well being in pursuing what you want.

What did you pursue?

arts.

Doing ChemE postgrad in MSE, but mostly working in optimization with applications to phase equilibria calculation and force field model geometric optimization.

I'm applying a lot of ideas from combinatorial topology and graph theory in my work, I've discovered some really cool things that we're hoping to publish soon.

Mostly though I'm happy with my choice because of my life in general, I have more time to study what I want, I'm surrounded by intelligent, ambitious people and I love my work.

I wish I had studied physics instead of [spoiler]philosophy

I did sort of. I was in CS, dumped it for Math. I took enough CS though on top of my numerical analysis that I could have a CS targeted career as a fallback, which I am currently doing. Total financial stability and zero debt 8 months out of school. I might wanna go to grad school for math though, that will be my big leap, I am preparing as if I will but it has yet to be decided.

>biochem grad student

Should I end myself and make it look like an accident nnot to disappoint my parrents?