How come people who like anime are more likely to be virgins?

How come people who like anime are more likely to be virgins?
I am not trolling here. I'm just wondering what's the science or psychology behind people watching a medium like anime, being the most likely demographic to be virgins when it comes to media consumption? Video games being the medium that follows up right behind anime.

For this question underage people are obviously excluded.

I don't need to know why, I only need to know that I counted a few times and that it is true.

Now, I can make decisions and if I am incorrect, it is an acceptable loss or a problem with the subject for being dissimilar to my previous countings.

People on the autism spectrum are more likely to enjoy anime, because of the relative lack of emotional depth, the easily readable facial expressions, and the alternative to Western social standards.

People on the autism spectrum also tend to be virgins, because they are neither physically desirable not charismatic.

because any hobby or interest that requires you to sit alone in front of a screen is more likely than not going to be rejected by "normal" people

Because 2D>DPD. Study pure math and pure women, ezpz.

>Can't comprehend enough dimensions so hes stuck at 2D
LMAO brainlet xD

That's not exactly true what you are saying. I would say japanese writing is on average superior to western writing. Be honest with yourself, western media is very dull and superficial and rarely spits out any good series. Animes on the other hand (the slice of life, high school, comedy ones excluded) can really be enthralling. It's so unexpected at times too, because japanese actually dare to step out of line or ignore formulas and rules. So the opposite of a happy ending can happen or an important character could die out of nowhere and it would tear the viewer emotionally apart. Something that never happens in western media.

And regarding autism statement. Autists tend to be virgins because they behave weird, but autism isn't linked to physical attractiveness at all. And autists don't always lack charisma. I have an autistic friend who is very popular, performs at clubs as a rapper and also isn't a virgin. But maybe he's just a very rare exception.

This guy is thinking in the right direction.

here

Also: anime is fantasy (in the general sense of the word). Like Tolkein, like any elaborate sci-fi universe, like video games, it's an alternative to reality.

The people who are attracted to alternatives to reality are people who are unhappy in reality. Whether virginity is a cause or an effect of that unhappiness is debatable, but unimportant. Anime fans are sad and lonely people.

>autism isn't linked to physical attractiveness

You're thinking of beauty as strictly genetic and passive, and forgetting it requires effort and constant maintenance. Which people on the spectrum are incapable of.

Got any other questions you think you want the answer to, OP?

Guess I must be the autist Jesus then, Mr. Psychoanalysis.

Sorry- psychoanalysis...? I don't follow. I'm using logic to answer OP's question.

Do you feel insulted or something? Why would you? Did you think "why are anime fans virgins" was going to yield an answer that was flattering to anime fans?

Psychoanalysis because you follow the same out-dated and deterministic school of thought that Freud the great hack established. Not only is it overly simplistic but it's flat out wrong.

>I'm using logic to answer OP's question.
I don't see any structure in your reasoning besides pulling guesses out of thin air. There's nothing logically coherent in your argument and premises.

Okay. So answer it. Give us an alternative. Why are anime fans virgins?

Butthurt cartoon faggots

Is there a study to show this ? It certainly does not fit at all with me and my friends who watch anime series

First of all drop your brainlet mentality and know the paradigm of probabilities. Statements such as "people turn to anime because they are unhappy" is 1820 tier psychology.

ITT: bunch of K-12 teachers with pic related on their cars.

You going to answer the question, or are you just funposting?

The word you are looking for is fiction and not fantasy. And what you are talking about is escapism and you can achieve that with anything.

Anecdotal.

That was my answer. Are you 17 that you don't understand the most basic thing in social psychology or what? Let me type it again: no such thing as deterministic answers in the realm of all human affairs. I begin to wonder whether you even understand this sentence.

Japanese writing as a whole maybe, but anime is pandering trash, even people who like anime know this. It is unrealistic and relies on a culture of autists who want to feel like they're part of a larger culture.

If you can't bring anything to this conversation, and you're posting anyway, I can only assume you're just a bored attention whore. Go back to camfuze.

You're literally blind. Don't talk about any science if you have the mind of a child.

Stfu and go coddle your autistic son some more, failsperm.

Autistic people watch anime
You and your friends watch anime
Therefore, you and your friends are autistic.

Not that hard really.

Autistic people post on imageboards
You and your friends post on imageboards
Therefore, you and your friends are autistic.

>proof:

I used to be obsessed with anime when I was a teenager. Now, I am not interested in anime anymore and also not a virgin. I am not sure if , I lost my interest because anime becomes very repetitive after a while, or just because anime is mostly made for teenagers. I'd also like to mention that weebs have extremely high standards when it comes to opposite sex. That could be a major reason why many anime lovers are virgins.

Didn't Miyazaki say something about (though he was discussing anime artists at the time) anime being created by people that have never looked at people before?

I think people are more likely to be drawn to anime because they like the idea of company/human companionship, but real humans can be too intimidating and ugly, for lack of a better word. Anime smooths out the details; 2d can be more appealing in its lack of all the textures and proportions reality brings.

It's not that people who like anime are more likely to be virgins; it's people that can't handle being around real, unpredictable, intimidating humans are both more likely to be virgins because of those traits and more likely to be into anime because it's a more easily accessible alternative to humanity.

I don't know why you think the west is any better. Look at the new star wars ffs. There's some good and some bad, just like western media. The problem is just like in the west the pandering shit gets all the attention while good stuff is sidelined.

>japanese actually dare to step out of line or ignore formulas and rules
Not really. Anime is very formulaic and ridden with tropes and self-references

This.

D=-1