First thing recipe calls for is kosher salt

>first thing recipe calls for is kosher salt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XGCY9Cpia_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Agreed, I will probably read on but it's a big warning flag.

Are you guys kosher salt deniers or something?

Kek this

Why? Is it just an americuck thing? Like sacrificing their babies foreskins to the eternal kike?

what is this kosher salt thing ?
isn't it just salt salt ?

Its just a coarser salt that doesnt dissolve as soon as it hits hot food. The fuck you bitching about?

Sea salt?

I exclusively use haram salt

Kosher salt is used in pickle making, meat curing and sausage making almost exclusively due to the fact of it's relative purity. Sea salts usually have a lot of other minerals that could have a detrimental effect on the flavor or the curing activity itself. Iodine, in most table salt, will impart a bad flavor.

Depending on what the recipe is for, it ca be a requirement. In recipes that can be substituted with sea or table salt, don't forget, they will have a differet volume than the kosher specified in the recipe. 1 tsp kosher 1 tsp sea 1 tsp table.

>(((Kosher))) salt
I seriously hope you dont use this

no

kosher salt is not the same as pickling salt

pickling salt is just sodium chloride
kosher salt can have anticaking agents added

Just use fucking sea salt instead -- the goal is to not overdo the salt

youtube.com/watch?v=XGCY9Cpia_A

In a similar vein, my local supermarket (Tesco) sells Halal meat in a specific section. If they have run out of the normal stuff I refuse to buy it on principle.

Wish this stone age bullshit would just fuck off

(OP)
>kosher salt

Alton Brown creams his jeans

>doesnt dissolve as soon as it hits hot food

What a load, as if it makes a difference. It it dissolves, and it seems like in 90% of recipes I see it just has to dissolve in mere seconds, kosher salt is just plain bullshit.

good goyim, only use kosher salt

regular salt is bad and we should get rid of all companies that make that

Alton Brown is my nigga.

grow up dude

Why should I support their barbaric ways? Not to get all vegan and preachy, but the way they kill animals is disgusting and I refuse to support that.

Rabbi imposed tax skimming off wealth from dumb american consumers.

yeah me too, but he creams his fucking jeans whenever he sees/hears/says
>kosher salt

>not wanting to eat ritually slaughtered meat by a bunch of desert semites who get exclusive work that discriminates against non muslims

>grow up

kek

It's funny to think a huge amount of American food products have the kosher tax put on them, even for you goyim.

Just look for the (K) on the back of the box.

I'm australian and stores don't sell kosher salt, can I just quickly blend sea salt or buy sea salt flakes to get the same effect?