Good news! we can now store the bible until the end of the universe, so the new universe will have the word of god too!

good news! we can now store the bible until the end of the universe, so the new universe will have the word of god too!

Just to be clear, I’m not a professional ‘quote maker’. I’m just an atheist teenager who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly fiction book written 3,500 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.
In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
It's almost sad y'know? You little idiots actually believe in the fantasy drivel your little age old book of fairy tales tells you. And what I personally find even sadder (and quite frightening as well) is that there are mindless people out there both young and old who think your kind has all the answers when its clear as day that you would rather "pray" a problem away than actually do anything of substance to work towards addressing if not fixing it. Those people are the scariest because they will blindly follow a faith or movement without any sort of critical thinking or a second thought.

>End of the universe
>In 14 billion years.
user.

>there are mindless people out there both young and old who think your kind has all the answers when its clear as day that you would rather "pray" a problem away than actually do anything of substance to work towards addressing if not fixing it. Those people are the scariest because they will blindly follow a faith or movement without any sort of critical thinking or a second thought.
This is actually true. I know this is a copy-pasta but still.

Yes?

according to professional scientists that's a really long time, since that's how old the universe currently is. [spoiler]even though the earth has been around for half that time[/spoiler]
so its probably fair game to say the end of the universe is in a couple bill

More like a few hundred billion at the low end

You're off by a bit

They predict the heat death to be entirely complete around 10^1000 years from now, not 10^10.

The article is ridiculous anyways, since the heat death won't be entirely complete UNTIL these pieces of quartz have entirely decomposed. That goes for any means of physical storage... by definition, the universe wouldn't be heat-dead if information was still stored somewhere.

I wonder if there will ever be a way to counter the heat death, prolong it indefinitely, or for someone to fuck off and avoid it completely.

Be awesome to see an answer to the question above.

I was being ironic. The spoiler should have made that obvious. Existentialist autists think everything makes them insignificant and that 18 billion years is a long time when its barely anything.

>Be awesome to see an answer to the question above.

It might not be so awesome if the answer is "no".

>onlypretending.jpg

what about the heat death makes it so that everything will just decompose
Aren't free protons stable?

Expansion will rip everything apart eventually

but how
how do we know this

>cant be ironic anymore without idiots posting this meme

>the universe wouldn't be heat-dead if information was still stored somewhere.
what a load of bullshit
another faggot who doesn't understand entropy

We dont know for certain, the other possibility is the whole universe becomes a single giant black hole

I'm mostly spouting what I think I know on the topic. I sincerely would love a better explanation from you. It would enrich the thread.

What's the resolution like? How many Haruhi doujins could we store per meter. The end of the universe needs Haruhi doujins.

YFW 14 billion years from now we find out quartz is metastable or that extremely high energy cosmic rays are common enough to degrade the data

Humanity needs to use infochips like these, that store humanity's knowledge, as currency. Remove normal coins and replace them with this. Then knowledge can be had for all and it increases the chances that future species that find our dead civilization will have either a starting point to help them or an interesting archeological find about ancient tech and human history.

We could also make billions of them and shotgun blast them all over the universe with copies of our DNA on them along with the history of the human race. If any find their way into alien possession there's a chance they might be able to reconstruct humanity.

>another faggot who doesn't understand entropy

entropy is a buzzword created physicists that were butthurt about the laws of thermodynamics being empirical.

Everything decomposing has to do with the expansion of the universe, it doesn't have anything to do with heat death. you can have heat death without decomposing to elementary particle.

>alien civilization discovers the chip
>discovers all kinds of degenerate hentai doujin in it
>yfw they realize the shit they've been missing out all this while

>mfw the aliens look like anime characters

>of all things
>bible
Wew

who's the potato?