Are there any decent books that discuss fascism?

Are there any decent books that discuss fascism?

Other urls found in this thread:

nybooks.com/articles/1995/06/22/ur-fascism/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Rule_Assistance_Association
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinmin_no_Michi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Investigation_of_Global_Policy_with_the_Yamato_Race_as_Nucleus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm just waiting for the first guy to post the cover of Mein Kampf. I'm pretty sure that joke hasn't been made before on Veeky Forums.

Manifesto del Futurismo

Not a book, but I really enjoyed this old article from Umberto Eco in the New York Review of Books
nybooks.com/articles/1995/06/22/ur-fascism/

Part of the problem with fascism is that it doesn't do much to encourage good writers. This means there's quite a dearth of quality fascist literature.

does Mishima count as a fascist?

He's japanese, these guys don't have much in common with european fascists, except the side in the last world war.

actually they do a lot, surprisingly

there aren't many good books that explicitly discuss any political system really
you want to look at the foundations of that ideology imo

They are much more fucked in the head, that's what I meant, so not a good example. Western fascists are sort of tame.

Hannah Arendt's The Origins of Totalitarianism maybe

No

Oswald Mosley's books are good, he wasn't an edgelord

Fascism, by Stanley G. Payne.

this

>Western fascists are sort of tame
Wut? How are Japanese fascists anymore extreme than Western fascists?

His critique of fascism and of nazi Germany is very good, if you haven't already read it.
No. Neither does (the mature) Evola for that matter.

I enjoyed this

Nope. If there is no fascist party there is no fascism.

Most people forget that and tend to consider anything authoritarian fascist.

Japanese fascism never existed. It was a run of the mill military junta.

It's best compared to pre-WWI Imperial Germany rather than fascism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Rule_Assistance_Association
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinmin_no_Michi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Investigation_of_Global_Policy_with_the_Yamato_Race_as_Nucleus

sure thing buddy

I'll second Arendt's Origins of Totalitarianism and Payne's monograph on Fascism. I should also recommend anything by Robert Paxton, especially if you are interested in Vichy France.

>An_Investigation_of_Global_Policy_with_the_Yamato_Race_as_Nucleus

This sounds like a fucking anime

Looks good, thanks. Apparently Payne thought at my school, which is pretty neat.

His history of the Spanish Civil War is good. Center-right perspective

Because of the nature of the topic, it's extremely difficult to find any literature discussing fascism directly that isn't decidedly pro-fascist on one end and completely anti-fascist on the other. Also most of the ones being published right now read more as Alex Jones-tier conspiracy theories than any actual in depth look at fascist ideology.

You're better off reading works that had a direct influence on fascism. Interestingly enough, Hegel is a big influence despite today being seen as more of a Marxist influence thanks to the Young Hegelians.