Ledger is part closed source, why would anyone use this thing?

Ledger is part closed source, why would anyone use this thing?

Attached: ethereum-app.jpg (1000x339, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ledger.fr/2016/06/09/secure-hardware-and-open-source/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because reddit thinks it being physical means its secure

even if the software is secure, the firmware can still be closed source and accessed remotely, like with intel cpus

only literal retards pay money for this chinese piece of shit, instead of using a simple paper wallet thats free and 100x more secure

Only poorfags complain about hardware wallets
You probably don't even have more than 5btc so why care if chinks steal your shit?
Niggers

I've had mine sitting around doing nothing for a few days now

reading this I feel like a brainlet for even posting this.

Attached: literally.png (621x702, 56K)

literally no, fag

ledger.fr/2016/06/09/secure-hardware-and-open-source/

>he doesn't have a dedicated PC to store his crypto and only connects it to the internet when trading
stay poor

>retard doesn't realize that paper wallet is not secure if you have to enter the fucking private key into a potentially compromised computer
Enjoy signing every transcation on a wiped, offline computer and using new USB every time.

>he stores his crypto on a compromised computer

Attached: 1512374305446.png (866x900, 94K)

>he owns crypto at all
that's what you're getting at then
nothing is safe online and if everybody was a pussy afraid to take a risk cause somebody might get a keylogger on their system then crypto wouldn't be where it is today

lol paper wallets are only secure if you make them secure. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you didn't generate your key in the most safe way.
enjoy your hardware failure and/or backdoors

Ledger uses a closed source chip to protect private keys U slink

it's almost like there's ways to store crypto off of potentially compromised computers (paper wallet, hardware, VMs) Just put your shit in an airgapped VM if you really want it on your intel backdoormachine

>Coca-Cola does not patent (i.e., make it open source) their patent -- such stupidity, now everyone can use their recipe!!
Imagine being this dumb.

You guys are either fuckin stupid or too broke to afford a ledger. Please point me to one story where someone has had their ledger hacked that didn't buy a second hand one from ebay/amazon (with the seed already set up).

I'll wait..

>what is price locking

The difference is ur not storing ur life savings in a can of coke u fucking moron

>>Coca-Cola does not patent (i.e., make it open source) their patent -- such stupidity, now everyone can use their recipe!!
>Imagine being this dumb.
Imagine being this dumb.

>he doesn't have COMODO Firewall

Attached: IMG_20180211_124908.jpg (1066x600, 60K)

Same here. I feel for the hardware wallet meme.

No way will I put more than 3 figures on it.

Still in its plastic wrap.

no fucking clue
probably massive shilling