Be a great writer

>be a great writer
>this is how you are remembered

It's interesting. You are wrong about him being a great writer, and wrong in your estimation that this is poor treatment.
Pretty cool.

I don't think the skeleton cares too much.

>be a great writer

How come vollmer is always described as pretty, yet she was actually pretty fucking ugly?

>great writer

Id rather be cremated desu

Why waste the wood

it's nice, OP
stop being a hater

Knowing Wilde, this is probably exactly how he wanted to go down in history.

I haven't even read Wilde and so I cannot comment on the quality of his writings, but the first respondent is of course perfectly correct in rebuffing the OP that the image is exactly how one should wish to be remembered: the site is garish, graffiti'd, and yes, ugly. And I, personally, hate graffiti.

It is also very /alive/. The site looks exactly like a trite commemoration for a celebrity who died last week, which if you want to be remembered, is exactly how things are supposed to work. And I'm perfectly confident that for every four un-serious hipster fans, there's a fifth who has actually read several of Wilde's works, actually liked them, actually got something out of them. You don't get that much love a hundred years on without having done something of value, even if it should fail to pass a longer-term test of history.

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do things worth writing.", goes the other trite trope attributed to Franklin (quotes are notoriously poorly accurately attributed, but this does not diminish the present rhetorical point): clearly, Wilde wrote something worth reading, as far as those pictures' thousand kisses testify, anyway. Which is sufficient to put the lie to OP's disgust at the garish temple, which of course yet maintains rules of decorum for celebrity gravesides, not being a Hitler or an Ed Gein, but someone socially acceptable, etc.

>Wilde
>wrote something worthwhile

Kill yourself, bluepilled fag enabler

What a waste of time. Your post. Your life.

>be great mathematician
>this piece of shit dramatisation is how you are remembered

>be normal hardworking person, always trying to do your best for those around you
>you arent remembered

thank you

god, what a piece of shit that film was

>be a great philosopher

At least you won't become a meme on an image board.

Who is it supposed to be? Turing?

>wilde
>great
>writer
lmao

Being "remembered" is a plebeian worry.

Dismissed.

Yes and spare yourself and don't watch movie

in agreement

>And I, personally, hate graffiti.

the graffiti is awful. I guess it's meant to be some kind of community epitaph bullshit made up of people's favourite Wilde quotes, but tons of them are just misattributed aphorisms that sound vaguely like him. there's probably as much Mark Twain scribbled on Oscar Wilde's grave as there is Oscar Wilde.

please tell me why you hate it.

people remember this film?