Who are the worst writers out there these days?

Who are the worst writers out there these days?
And not that pounded-in-the-ass guy but people who are respected or at least supported in the publishing establishment?
I nominate Emily Gould.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2-avakrRUaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do you care who the worst writers are? Read a book you like.

>even daring to shittalk Chuck Tingle

HOW DARE YOU, OP. CHUCK TINGLE IS A NATIONAL TREASURE.

Has he written a Pokemon Go book yet?

>Ta-Nehisi Coates
>Junot Diaz
>Joshua Cohen
>Jonathan Safron Foer

This lol. Throw Franzen on the pile as well.

He should do one for every single Pokemon

Junot Diaz blows cock

contemporary american fiction is garbage t.bh. I don't know what happened to the land of the free. anyone care to explain?

I'm talking about writers under 60, btw

>Emily Gould

youtube.com/watch?v=2-avakrRUaU

>what happened to the land of the free

in a word? memes

worst pound-for-pound writers out there

>anyone care to explain?
Publishing is a disgusting industry and nobody knows what to do about the rise of e-books.

>can't get published
>butthurt
>blames industry and "rise of e-books"

Schools and universities started pushing the whole 'minority writer' meme onto students which then opened a huge market for that type of work so it flooded the markets. Thanks to people like Oprah, whom used her influence to push even more of this shit on people, that's all publishers want anymore.

It's truly stunning. If you just look at the general media you would think America is a nation of all these minorities just co-mingling constantly when in reality it's still mostly white people. The powers that be simply don't want it to look that way because being white is evil now. If you're not willing to write about BLM or feminism or growing up black/latino/asian in [insert location with a HUGE minority population but still sounds like its white] your work gets pushed to the back of the review pile.

take a break from the computer man

Any non-white males because they are acclaimed only for being non-white males while white males MUST have amazing writing to have any acclaim.

Dan Brown.

What a royal piece shit.

Irecently went through my one e-book experience. The New York Styles section sent me a Hewlett-Packard hand-held computer, on which Mr. Gates and company had downloaded, I would say, a 50th-rate thriller by the overrated Mr. Michael Crichton called “Timeline.” And by pressing a button, I was able to read through this. I found it not a good experience, whether in terms of the quality of what I was reading or the ghastly procedure that I was following. I don’t think that the e-book is going to destroy the printed book, as so many fear.

Anyone want to start a publishing house?

He asked why American literature is in the toilet and that's literally the reason. I'm not even one of the conspiracy types or the type that hates the minorities. That's just why no good stuff is coming from America anymore.

Tom Clancy/Dan Brown/John Grisham/Stephanie Meyer/on occasion, Mr. King.

All of them are far more successful than I ever will be in that field, but objectively, most of their works lack depth with jagged prose and straightforward characters and plot.

I know it's airport lit, but I've struggled to make it through even the first chapter of most Clancy works (despite Red October and Red Storm Rising being considered staples of sorts). I guess that's the point, but sometimes the writing is just so awful.

Diaz ain't bad. He's not inspired, but he's competent enough.