Can anyone post the image of famous scientists bashing philosophy?

Can anyone post the image of famous scientists bashing philosophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/find/all/1/all: AND lawrence krauss/0/1/0/all/0/1
metaphysicist.com/puzzles/many/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've only seen it on this board you guys are my only hope.

>what is google

Science itself is just subset of philosophy, kinda like a framework to work with. Having some scientific evidence behind your theories doesn't make them any less philosophical.

Why do you need that?

yes

>physicists

Philosophy is responsible for every science there is. They call came out of philosophy originally as branches and then became their own thing. Some cases are obvious like the scientific method.

Not particularly fond of these guys, but they're right here. You can question reality and emotions all you want, but the fundamental forces of the universe don't really give a shit about your concerns.

Conveniently left out this?

I recognize all but the 2nd from the top on the right. The entire right side aren't really people I'd call scientists so much as people who like to dress up as scientists and are incredibly obnoxious.

That is a massive oversimplification and you are falling on the idea that the setting the foundations for some field (in the philosophical way) is literally creating the field. The field was created when people started studying shit and passing it down. Or what, astronomical charts before aristotle isn't science?

I thought Lawrence Krauss was a meme?

>It's a "people who don't read books spout their pointless uninformed opinions about the connections between science and philosophy" episode again

Ornithology would be extremely useful to birds if they had the capacity to understand it.

what is this and wh do i not know about it

>he doesn't know about wolfram alpha

Come ON, faggot

>connections between science and philosophy

>ask question on Veeky Forums
>/b/ responds

You're on Veeky Forums, retard. What did you expect?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/reddit/

I suppose he means ornithology as nothing more than bird-watching. Its a pretty good and funny analogy though.

Meh.

faglosopher detected

>triggered

This is why I don't tell people I'm STEM, I don't want to be associated with the autism.

undergrad detected

Wrong again, up for round three?

Philosophy is just science without the rigour.

HS detected

Think this guy got it completely backwards.

>Science itself is just subset of philosophy

That's like saying a rose is just a subset of the pile of shit it grew on.
Not exactly capturing the gist of it, I'd say.

You're missing the point. Ornithology is the study of birds. The birds don't give a shit about humans studying them, they're too busy being birds. Likewise, humans who study other "humans who are doing science" are as far removed from those "humans doing science".

Why? Every single scientific field is just philosophy which is applied in a certain field.

This fucking meme again.

Humans still study anthropology though

Wait, of the guys on the left, only one of them seems to really be trashing philosophy. Heisenberg and Einstein have quotes that seem pretty supportive of philosophy, and Bohr's quote doesn't quite seem to be passing any opinion besides to say progress in physics has an influence on philosophy.

You are a bit slow user.

That's the point... compare the left-hand side vs. the right-hand side

Nothing wrong with Dawkins' first quote, and his second is taken out of context, since it's actually a valid argument when religious people pull a "you can't be entirely sure that you're right, therefore God".
I find it really annoying when Lawrence Krauss shits on philosophy, and he's awfully wrong in that quote too.
I don't know much about Bill Nye the Engineering B.Sc. Guy, but I find him terribly obnoxious, and I find it plausible that he is actually as retarded as that quote would suggest. He looks like a smug pepe in that image though.
Nigger Degrasse Tyson's second quote is likely taken out of context, he probably just shits on a subset of philosophy, however I also find him obnoxious.

ALL WE OBSERVE IS CONSTANT CONJUNCTION

yeah but it's probably the only good subset of philosophy

>Bill Nye
>Scientist
he has a fucking bachelor's degree

/reddit/

>yes yes goyim, look, the actual scientists all loved philosophy while the popularizers don't
Sure user, let's completely forget about Feynman, Hawking or Pierre-Gilles de Gennes who all found philosophy useless.

Also, all those physicists lived in an age where it looked like there would be a lot to learn from the interpretation of quantum physics.
A century later, turned out it was a completely fruitless effort.

>Feynman
>Hawking

>actual scientists

>Feynman, Hawking
Popularizers too.

now show us your papers

>arxiv
anyone can upload a paper to the arxiv, even if they are absolute and irrelevant bullshit
it's enough to check some of the titles to find that those papers have not been published by any magazine

Name your favorite journal

I'll find 100s of papers by Krauss

This is why it's important to distinguish between general philosophy of science and philosophy of the various special sciences. Philosophers of physics, for instance, tend to hold degrees in physics and philosophy. Even scientists who focus purely on the science work under some implicit philosophical framework, whether it's fasificationism, positivism, realism, and so on.

>lets falsify it
yeah.. thats why mathematicians still stick to the -1/12 meme

>I have read someone elses opinion
>I know things
>Your all stupid

Leave him alone

what the fuck lmao

metaphysicist.com/puzzles/many/

I don't get this meme.