Does the domination of the literary world by women completely indicate the death of the medium's artistic and...

Does the domination of the literary world by women completely indicate the death of the medium's artistic and intellectual potential? Yes, in my opinion.

it had artistic and intellectual potential?

Yes

Yes. Women cannot make or understand art.

It hasn't happened, won't happen, and wouldn't indicate any such thing. Go to sleep.

>Does the domination of the literary world by women

lol hwat

>IT ALL WENT WRONG WITH THE SALONS
okay buddy, you enjoy your defoe XD

>I don't like women because I don't understand them but I am frustratingly attracted to them.

I think he means the literary world as in publishers, editors, agents, critics, bloggers, other various hirelings.

Does the domination of Veeky Forums by resentful bitter /r9k/ frogmen spell the end of decent discussion?

This. Literature is one of the few remaining bastions of near-total male dominance. The force-feeding bad women authors in school is an attempt to correct this.

>tfw they teach Edith Wharton as if she were good and ignore women who can actually write like based Jennifer Egan.

Jennifer Egan is shit, was taught at my uni

>Egan
>Shit

You and I have wildly differing opinions. What female authors might you suggest as being better?

Also eat shit and die.

I mean, they just found that women really like to read and fantasize about men and relationships far more than men and that they can make the big bucks profiting off of that. Tell me when in the literary world anything was universally hot, or wanted? I can't think of anything before Harry Potter.
Just because there's a new market open it doesn't mean that literature is dead. It will continue being like it always was. Ungrateful, self-fulfilling and fucking autistic in your day and age only to be apreciated by future generations or get memed to the point where people only know your photos or lack there of - See Pynchon

It's easy to get published these days if you have a vagina or brown skin (or both)

I would say that the primary purpose of literature is to communicate feelings, so it doesn't really matter who is writing so long as there is feeling in it.

I think I've read literally this exact same comment on this autistic shithole before. Are you sameposting over and voer to try and get your message across you fag?

this isn't true
maybe the middlebrow, things that actually sell, yes
but that isn't where the intellectual/artistic potential lies anyways

you really must have no life pham

it also happens to be completely true. publishers will throw money at you if you're anything other than a white male and have even a modicum of ability

example: Juniot Diaz (brown), Lena Dunham (jewish female transvestite)

thankfully commercial success indicates the opposite of genuine merit

I wouldn't call it a domination but yeah it's pretty frustrating my libraries ebook suggestions are always all women authors. Pretty transparent agenda.

It's just another example of the white man being oppressed really

We definitely have to work harder nowadays. Completely different set of standards for us.

An abbo could scribble the alphabet on a concrete floor with a piece of dry emu shit and be hailed as a genius. A suburban American white male has to write something absolutely transcendent in order to even get published.

>reading contemporary literature
dont do that