In my class we're going to do things a little differently. I'm not big on quizzes and tests, because I want you to LEARN

>in my class we're going to do things a little differently. I'm not big on quizzes and tests, because I want you to LEARN

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/87067455/#87069938
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I'm not just up here to dictate to you, so that's why participation is 25% of your grade

"I'm here to plow your fallowed heads and turn you into serviceable scientists. Make no mistake, I'm not your friend, this is all of you against me."
Man, my first year math teacher was a legend.

>OK class since I like to get to know my students id like everyone to take turns standing up and introducing themselves

>sorry bro I couldn't do my part

>okay class, I'm going to force you to do group work because when you work together you learn better even though in reality you don't learn shit because your group will be brought down by one or two lazy-asses who don't study and just want to get the assignment over with, or are just completely helpless and need everything explained to them babby-style, and thus you will have no meaningful or intelligent discussion

depending on where and at what level you're in school, group work is requried by the state to aid socialization development

>I already knew you were going to say that so i did it anyways

K-12 get the fuck out

>Everyone break into groups for this activity.
>Every class
>Every day

its a bit much

>this next assignment will be a group project. You will get no credit unless you work with at least 3 other people

>tfw i'll eat a bad grade just to not be a cuck

my test scores will carry me, you can fail nigga.

>and make sure the work is split EVENLY

>"okay class, you'll be working with the person next to you for the rest of the year"
>person next to me is of African descent
Ever since, I came to class late, hoping he partnered up with someone else

>assholes like this in my classes
>is a undergrad researcher specializing in the class being taught
>literal trash comes to class late because it doesn't like me for whatever reason
>continues to do work by self like I've always done
>idiot gets locked out of class due to being late and gets a 0, continuously

This is why I don't like working with people. They always act like this.

Slackers and lazy dindus don't deserve to be my partner

Be real now

In all of undergrad and in my workplace combined, I've met three black engineers that are worth shit

I once made the mistake of teaming up with two black students in one of my undergrad classes. One was a master's student, the other was a phd student, and I STILL wound up carrying the project

im jus tryna get some money bro, let me pass damn it.

>black people are lazy
>this person in my upper level biology course is black
>therefore he is lazy

Logic

That's logically valid, though.............................

>One was a master's student, the other was a phd student

Yeah, sure thing. I haven't been on Veeky Forums for awhile, but thinks for reminding me that I'll have to deal with people like you. I'll make sure to be an asshole to the other research assistants for you, since I'm VOLUNTARILY doing it for no reason other then to get carried.

Do you enjoy carrying people who obviously don't deserve to be in university?

I bet the class is full of cute girls who always date the bad guys and ignore you despite how nice you are huh.
7/10 got me to reply

>taking Ethics class
>assume it'd involve reading some things, writing review and comparison papers
>there's literally no written papers
>mfw

>old as fuck guy teaching partial differential equations
>he's pretty good with technology, works his own site separate from normal Blackboard
>start homework due the 29th (Sept) because why not
>get stuck on problem
>catch him after class, we spend ten minutes going over that problem and the previous one, even though I did it successfully (not what he was expecting)
He could've just told me to sod off and bother the TA. I think I'm going to like this teacher.

>tfw my microbiology professor is an oldfag who lurks /out/ and Veeky Forums

>here's my part bro
>>it's a copypaste of the wikipedia article on the subject
>>even same typos and punctuation errors

What are you complaining about? I loved it when profs did that. You get free marks just for showing up and participating. You don't even have to have the correct answers; you just have to say something.

But if you accept the two premises, then that conclusion is logically sound.

>lrn 2 syllogism

>talking
yeah no

>OK class now I want you yo work in teams
>I'll make them
>me: oh_yes.jpg
>Rest of the class: Noooooo! Please let us make the team
>Ok, you make them
>mfw I work alone again

Oh boy my entire highschool experience

>being this nonautistic
Get out

Forgot your qed there browse

>being unironically racist when you're 18+ and in higher education
Wew

>nonautistic
it's called "neurotypical" you fucking normie

wanasemhdik?

>One guy in the group disappears completely after we get the assignment and form the group.
>Doesn't respond to emails, facebook messages, anything.
>Rest of the group members take up more work to compensate. Do the whole thing without him.
>Don't write his name on the assignment, inform teacher why we have done so.
>Guy fails the class because of this and is eternally salty.
Having to cover his share of the work was kinda shitty, but god damn did it feel like sweet justice was served when he failed.

>You don't even have to have the correct answers

Wow what an accomplishment, a passing grade and you didn't even learn anything!

Your teachers must be retarded if they didn't know that the class didn't divide equally into groups of 3 or 4.

>We need to practice presenting because you l i t e r a l l y can't speak English.
>No

Epic

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

Hi

>lecturer goes on a roller-coaster with flaming students who have failed his exam
he's still works in this school just because
>mfw he tries to cram 2 semester of classes into 1

>Number of "Very Important Classes" because i want to learn on your own

>Number of calculus classes was reduced so we did haven't touched all of the topics

>16/20 people just doesn't give a fuck an thier score is literally 0

Why do i pay for this shit

Back to your containment board.

what are you talking about? are you complaining that the class is hard? it's not. git fucking gud

Reddit

>if you're in uni you have to like niggers
Wew

I hate that shit.

No need for salt.

kek, i did that once, got a 30% and he failed because of it. He was so mad because 'you always get 90 for everything!"

>whats your hobby?
>me:

>Name
>Major
>...
>Oh and what are your hobbies?
M-my hobbies? Tfw you can't say shitposting on Veeky Forums

>Normie
Kek

>CS programming project
>get assigned into group
>everyone is competent and motivated
>everyone works pretty damn hard and contributes their own unique, irreplaceable value to the project
>get the highest marks in the class
>our group becomes tight-knit af, always having very productive study sessions together from that point on
What happened, Veeky Forums?

Did I just luck out?

in b4 "and then you woke up"

>when the professor is forced by administration to make the course easier because too many people were failing

It was Calc I. I go to an engineering university. I should've cared during my first 2 years of HS.

>What's a Veeky Forums?

>omg he goes to Veeky Forums, the police are gonna come to your door

>having to study for undergrad CS
brainlets are not allowed. the entirety of undergrad CS should have been learned on your free time in highschool.

Kek

>you are graded not for knowing and understanding the material, but for being a talkative normalfaggot
no NO

>in recitation last year
>conversing about some shit I didn't care about
>girl: "I was raised by the internet" or something to that effect, idk the context
>TA: "I hope you weren't raised by Veeky Forums"
>other guy: "heh, then you wouldn't even be considered a person"
>mfw

Literally nothing wrong with being a pedo.

go back to your hugbox

>pedos
>in pol
Nice try Chaim. They would burn you on the cross for that.

>we'll work in groups
>*sweating*

>i'll make them
>*sweating profusely*

>based on your average grades
>*cheers internally*

that's a lie
I was just in a thread about anne frank last week, everyone was a pedo
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/87067455/#87069938

all the bourds are 50% pedo, ive seen pedo shit be accepted and not on every one i visit

Thats just neonazis and zionists having a banter. pedos are the worst degenerates ever. If that was the case pol wouldn't hate pedowood.

Yeah but pedos are a very small minortiy and they get BTFOd by every board except for /tv/ and /b/.

>they get BTFOd by every board except for /tv/ and /b/

they really don't

>eah but pedos are a very small minortiy and they get BTFOd by every board except for /tv/ and /b/.
only 50% of the time, the other times the majority supports sex with willing children

>I'm not big on quizzes and tests, because I want you to LEARN

So I'll eliminate the most objective means of giving you feedback on how well you're understanding things.

Coincidentally, doing it this way means a hell of a lot less work for me after class.

Just a happy coincidence though.

It makes sense in a class like research ethics where you have to discuss the pros and cons of an approach or work through dilemmas. Those classes are less about facts and more about being able to analyze and work through situations to which there might not be a clear and correct answer.

No, if you're in uni you have to be (or should be) mature enough to make decisions about people based on the person rather than superficial attributes. You can't reduce people to simply this and therefore I hate them; life isn't....

black and white.

No there is Asian peopel too u racis

Fortunately, the textbook contains exercises you can use to check your understanding in as much depth as you like. Have fun.

>"hopefully you guys read last night's reading."
>shit shit shit...
>"because I want you guys to really be active in today's lecture"
>oh thank god...
>"but first, we will get this surprise quiz out of the way! It should be easy if you read."
>FFFFUUUUCCCCKKK
>[Scramble for lecture notes]
>quiz hits the back row and I'm fucked once again

Holy kekeke

That's no cool you faggot

Fuck you, and your talk-in-class faggotry.

Holy shit!

Lrn 2 invalid arguments

why didn't you read the night before?

>ten groups of three
>two groups of four
>one group of one

;-;

>Everyone in class will take a turn reading
>read 3x as much as I need to just to shorten the amount of time spent listening to autistic mouthbreathers struggle for a minute through a single sentence
>how are we in an AP class in high school but barely know how to read

This doesn't change in college, unfortunately.

Had to take a literature class. I thought people would have figured out how to read by then. I wanted to shoot myself.

>saying anything ever during class

>for homework, make your very own groupoid and list 5 things about it. Be creative!

I'm an adult why am I being subjected to this nonsense

>Professor says this
>Literally meant it
>End up learning a lot in a single semester
>Bubble test aspies literally pulling their hair out because they can't perform

>Have that happen
>He's already struggling but he really wants to succeed
>Fist bumps me
>"It's you and me nigga!"
>With help he catches up
>Starts doing great
>Talks like a slave and works just as hard as one
>No longer have to help him and it's a mutual effort
>Both get a B+
>takes me out for a drink after
Sometimes black people can be based

>Look at syllabus
>5 exams, no online homework, no real quizzes, iClicker memery
This happens more than I'm comfortable with

>black
>can afford drinks

Pick one and precisely, exactly one.

Also, daily reminder that B is for Brainlet.

>B+
Sasuga Harambe

There's a difference between a black person and a nigger. I've run into enough to notice and hear about the dichotomy between the 2 groups.

I see

I hate iclickers and equivalent. People will say "free points!" but it is just an excuse for the whole class to show up. On the surface that sounds like a good thing. In actuality not everybody who shows up gives a shit about the class. I'd rather just have the serious people show up since it makes class sizes smaller.

>at community college and trigonometry teacher is asking people questions about if they understand what she's talking about/about the general work we're doing
>no one responds
>after two questions where no one says anything
>I respond to the next 3 or 4 questions
>I break my chain of response and she goes off and starts yelling about how she's going to leave if no one wants to tell her if they understand what she's teaching or not

;_;

>being the guy that answers the questions

ishygddt

This is happening to me constantly in university. I have weekly tutorials for all my classes, and in every single one the tutor asks questions, and nobody ever answers. It gets awkward so I always have to answer after 20 seconds of silence, every single time. I wonder if they think I'm an aspie or if they think I'm saving them from their stupidity.