Rag pudding (also known as Rag pie) is a savoury dish consisting of minced meat and onions wrapped in a suet pastry...

>Rag pudding (also known as Rag pie) is a savoury dish consisting of minced meat and onions wrapped in a suet pastry, which is then cooked in a cheesecloth.[1][2][3] The dish was invented during the 19th century in Oldham, a former mill town in Lancashire,[1]

Why is England disgusting?

So its just a meat and onion pie? Whats so bad about that?

>hourly obsession thread

Sounds delicious

I love English cuisine desu. Not the prettiest or necessarily the most interesting, but just unpretentious good-tasting shit. At the end of the day that's what it's really about.

OP is right though.

it's not obsession when it's a valid critique.

As an ignorant American I don't actually know any English cuisine. In fact all the british food I know are cornetto and toast sandwiches

Chips, cheese and gravy is the best desu.

Right about what? Its a meat pie, nothing special but nothing worth creating a thread about either.

>cornetto
>english

Oh is it time for the hourly obsession thread? Must have set my watch wrong.

I only know about it from the Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz/At Worlds End trilogy so I assumed it was British.

I don't understand why OP copy/pasted stuff from Wikipedia(including the picture to try and prove some point? . . . Actually I can see it's just a shitpost but it sort of backfires!

Suet puddings are pretty good and even though I've never had a mince and onion, I've had loads of mince and onion pies(every chippy sells them). I'm more partial to steak and kidney pudding, which is a steamed suet pie.

>In fact all the british food I know are cornetto and toast sandwiches
Nobody eats toast sandwiches and cornettos have been popular in Britain since the late1970's (not that I eat much ice-cream nowadays).

Steak and Kidney pudding is really worth a try, if you have never had it.

The Cornetto® brand is owned by Unilever, a British company, so you are in fact correct.
Well done you!

>yuropoors got repeatedly rekt by americlaps calling them obsessed
>now yuropoors are false flagging to pretend burgers are actually obsessed with them

Embarassing.

>yuropoors got repeatedly rekt
Really?
Do Americans think this?

posting videos of modern americans crying when they have to eat vegetables is not the same as posting british 200 year old poverty food.

Burgerclaps are obsessed, particularly with britbong royalty. The queen's chambermaid comes to america and men and women swoon and become sexually aroused if they get a glimpse.

i think they actually do
>shart in marts thinking any other country but them is getting rekt repeatedly

I love meat pies and the like, but why do bongs have to do things like boil or steam their pastry?!

Gives it a shitty, doughy, crumbly texture that is awful.

Pic related is a proper crust.

We usually do normal pastry and have normal pies as a matter of course.

But we have a few things that are steamed; Suet Pastry is different it's a thicker stodgy pastry mix and it's also used to make sweet deserts like Roly Poly pudding and the infamous 'spotted dick'.

I kinda figured toast sandwiches were more joke than an actual food, I've never had kidneys before and at first I thought it was off-putting but my family is Mexican and I've had tounge before so I'm not really one to talk. I doubt I'll find any steak and kidney or other meat pies in the US though.

Where did you get the idea that British meat pies are normally steamed or boiled?

There's like one I can think of that is "steamed" (Suet pastry E.g. steak & kidney) and I can't think of a single pastry that is boiled. Anywhere.

Why do Americans shit themselves in grocery stores?
Is it junk food and beetus medication?

I assume OP's pastry is boiled, why else cook in a cloth? Also back in the renaissance and middle ages it was very common way of cooking things, make a pastry dough, tie it up in a cloth bag, and boil it.

>I assume

Okay.

>Also back in the renaissance and middle ages

Did we fall through a wormhole in time?

Kidneys can be a bit strong if your not used to them, some people soak them in a little milk overnight but I've just boiled them before adding to the raw meat before making a pie, They have the consistency of a raw mushroom and if you eat them alone they have a meaty taste but a hint of ammonia???

Tongue and Ham sandwiches used to be traditional in Britain at Funerals but offal seems to be going out of fashion here, as Supermarkets are taking over and forcing out small local butchers . . .bit of a shame really.

And yeah, nobody actually eats toast sandwiches, if it wasn't for Veeky Forums, I would never have heard of them.

These sort of suet puddings, both meat and desert are steamed.

I have never actually made one but I remember my Mother used to, not in cheesecloth but old Xmas pudding bowls (like a plastic tupperware things) in a covered pan, half filled with water.

This is the third obsession thread in the catalogue.

A lot of this thread is actually talking about meat pies though.