What do you guys recommend for books on magic?

What do you guys recommend for books on magic?

The occult, astrology, ancient theories and practices of magic, etc.

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!UNo1VTwA
mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my diary desu

Send me the MOBI

harry potter

No.

That looks good, thank you

Bible Black

???

Crowley

Philosophy and Theurgy in Late Antiquity
Living Theurgy
Theurgy and the Soul
Techniques of Graeco-Egyptian Magic
Techniques of Solomonic Magic
Greek Magical Papyri
Hermetic Magic: The Postmodern Papyrus
Chaldean Oracles
De Mysteriis
Three Books of Occult Philosophy
Transcendental Magic
Magick: Book IV

Septimus Heap

i second bible black.

mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!UNo1VTwA

Go wild.

t. user

I have three of these, maybe you'll find them interesting.

its like someone just took the first shit that came to their mind and threw them on the list

Many of these books in practice are literally incompatible.

That's it

>Nag Hammadi Library
>Occultism

Jesu Christi

If you take occult for its literal meaning (hidden), they are very much occult. Gnostic Christianity, in many forms, still permeates modern mystery schools

how can these be meant for anything other than irony with those shitty meme MS paint drawings?

The Bible. All the magic you need.

>not reading incompatible viewpoints to determine their comparative advantages and/or structural similaritiesp

Once you know what to look for that becomes a pointless excercise; from there it's only the practice that matters.

what exactly is there to look for? what is correct practice? what about different strokes for different folks? what about people who read occultism out of cultural curiosity?

If you want to dabble then knock yourself out. I'm talking from a strictly pragmatic angle and I really dont feel like going at length if the only concern is academic study. That was never my thing.

I will say though, the only items worthwhile on those lists are Steiner, Blavatsky, Gurdjieff, the Kybalion and the ancient Hermetic works, Manly P and thats about it. The rest can be tossed.

Bible Black is really good.

Any /fringe/ bros in this thread?

I have some questions for someone who has studied the occult/hermeticism/magick/astral projection through these books. Do you feel like you've gained anything at all from reading them and putting their principles into practice? Has it had any fundamental changes in your life/reality? Is it worth it?

>tfw you will never know magic

Why live?

I can't believe no one's mentioned this yet.

why is morden mosque related

mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

Peter Carroll's stuff is mostly good. Frater U.D's books are ok. Crowley is mostly only good if you already have some idea of what's going on, preferably from experience, and especially things like Liber Al Vel Legis don't read as your introduction to magick it will just confuse you and put you off.

Otherwise I would honestly recommend reading Carl Jung, Joseph Campbell, Marcus Aurelius, and Lao Tzu. They will help provide a translation framework for the secular mind as well as glimpses at initial concepts.