>there's a lot of high school-tier and freshman year uni student-tier stuff

Lel, Veeky Forums BTFO

>white male white male white male

>there's a lot of high school-tier and freshman year uni student-tier stuff

That's true though

this

thanks

please

Is it bad that I think women like this should be brutally raped and abused?

it's all up to you

They're right.

She's right.

start a new vote for a new chart then, see what happens

Uncensor the names you fucking coward.

coward lol? I did it so it can't be insinuated as inciting a raid.

>people actually believe when or where you read something has got anything to do with its literary and aesthetic value

>in conclusion, Everybody Poops is the most unique and innovative work in the literary canon

>missing the point

kill yourself, my man

>indeed I challenge anyone to declare that Captain Underpants is not a testament to the pure creativity of humanity

I think we should spay them

You are autistic.

It's almost as though novels written by white males are superlative or something.
Weird!

The vast majority of the world's greatest writers have been white men.

>quite so, The Very Hungry Caterpillar is among the finest works in all of modernity

Everybody Poops and Hungry Caterpillar serve their respective purposes perfectly.

>when the meme is true

Its true though, half the stuff discussed on here regularly is summer reading tier or worse like American Psycho

see

>he's still replying

So are you.

holy shit im on here

i thought about posting this but i like LLM so i decided against it

stop

Why would you liek that crap whatever it is?

I don't see whats wrong with liking that stuff. they are picked for a reason

2 0 1 4

Why did you censured the names? Are you and your friends scared about us? ;^)

>What is China
>What is India
>What is Persia
>What is the near east

It's almost like you know nothing about literature.

What is this High school-college level reading thing? Do certain schools have certain lists you can only read from them or something? This is the second time I've seen it the last two days.

>Do certain schools have certain lists you can only read from them or something?

Yes.

Then how do they have adult level? If a college is in charge of college level books who decides what constitutes adult level above college level?

>what is 'books you are assigned for class'

Fuck that facebook page and fuck that bitch talking about white males .

I realized just now that most of you have shit taste. Not just in the individual books you like, but on a fundamental level. You completely miss the point of literature and want it to be something it's not. Literature is, first and foremost, about the prose and how good it reads, and how creatively it's used. A really detailed plot is all nice and well, but if it has poor prose it might as well just be put in a manga or fanfiction. A book with a simple, silly, stupid, or "fun" plot, but good prose used creatively, and good depth, is a better book than a book with a good plot, but shitty animation. This doesn't mean a book with a good plot and poor prose can't be good, but a book with good prose, style, concepts, and creative use, it's always fundamentally a better book.

Literature is by NATURE a medium that is style over substance.

Now, many of you enjoy substance over style better, and thus your favorite kind of book reflects that. it's not that those are not good works in themselves, but rather that they are not the best representation of what literature as a medium is. They may be acceptable, but they do not represent what literature should ideally be, instead only a certain niche of literature that succeeds as a story but fails as readable content.

By it's very nature literature is style first, and a book which gives style a backseat is not good as a book.

Many of you will not like reading this. It's that you have shit taste for liking the book that you like, not that they are bad works in their own right, but rather that if the reason you dislike a book is because it puts style and prose over substance, you have shit taste in books and it isn't the medium for you. Manga and fanfictions are more suited to your preferences.

It's not that either prose is superior, but that they have different qualities which an author or book should be judged by.

Adult isn't a class though so how can you have adult level books? This shit makes no sense and I just feel like these people are trying to sound smarter than they are.

>Literature is, first and foremost, about the prose and how good it reads
You already failed.

>A really detailed plot is all nice and well
if you're doing the prose meme you need a reason for your shitty grammar which arises from your pretension if you don't want that to be the point.
>thoughts?
before i tell you to kill yourself for being on facebook, let's all take a moment to wonder that facebook, the website founded on college affiliation and now populated by vapid teenagers, is complaining about college core and teenage reading. now that we've done that, kill yourself.

>a pasta
spot it

hah why so many pastas

They don't change anything, you mongoloid.

you either don't know what pasta is or think we don't have an archive. potentially both. your shitty OC is shit.