Are virtual particles physically real and actually popping in and out of existence or are they just mathematical...

Are virtual particles physically real and actually popping in and out of existence or are they just mathematical fictions used in calculations?

Other urls found in this thread:

metaphysicist.com/puzzles/many/
profmattstrassler.com/articles-and-posts/particle-physics-basics/virtual-particles-what-are-they/
youtu.be/hGypz2_aOR4?t=14m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In classical field theory people couldn't decide whether fields were real separate things or just interactions between particles, now with quantum theory you have people arguing about many-worlds and you expect us to know whether virtual particles are real?

metaphysicist.com/puzzles/many/

Quantum fields are (more) real. Particles are the fiction.

POSITIVISTS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEE

I've given up bothering to think about what physical abstractions are "real" and which aren't. It just seems more and more like a useless distinction the more I learn about physics.

Isnt this quote basically the definition of pseudoscience?

Particles in general are a meme. Don't fall for it.

They are unstable waves in fields, actually not even waves, just disturbances.

profmattstrassler.com/articles-and-posts/particle-physics-basics/virtual-particles-what-are-they/

leave

too long didn't read whats the conclusion?

wow, fuck off, lol

inb4 some raging christcuck starts bitching about Krauss

Everyone wants to write these things off as mathemagical because it violates their muh intuitive understanding of the world.

This represents the true nature of reality, and what we intuitively understand the nature of reality to be is the fiction.

Please refrain from posting if you are underage. Thank you.

Reasonable people on Veeky Forums, what is this bullshit?

youtu.be/hGypz2_aOR4?t=14m

>meta
I don't like that word.

>beta

how about that one?