Been eating healthier recently, most breakfasts look like this with a black coffee and a glass of water

Been eating healthier recently, most breakfasts look like this with a black coffee and a glass of water.

It's easy to make and I enjoy it but what are some things I can put on this that are still healthy but will spice it up and make it more flavorful? I really like spicy stuff so I've been doing chili powder the last couple days but I'm open to more ideas! (aside from the obvious hot sauce/sriracha)

Also out of curiosity what's the best way to make a runny egg? Sometimes it breaks when I flip it and I have to start over :x

>also general healthy meal ideas (I'm cutting red meat and pork personally)

Other urls found in this thread:

lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/7-reasons-you-should-eat-eggs-for-breakfast.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I'm cutting red meat and pork
Pork is red meat, user.

FRUITS AND CEREAL MOTHERFUCKER EVER HEARD OF THOSE

I'm aware but not everyone knows that. Just wanted to be clear.
Yeah but I'm trying to keep down my sugar intake. Fruit and/or cereal makes its way in 1-3 breakfasts out of the week.

Avocado spread on toast

My fav was avocado, almond butter, and chili flakes on toast.

oooh that sounds good
what about hummus?

If you're looking for a small treat with poached egg just slap some salmon on there. It tasted amazing (but make sure you are alone afterwards because its going to stink)

>Avocado AND almond butter
Holy fuck dude, avocado alone is fatty enough for me. Can't imagine also having almond butter on top of it.

Chilli and avo sounds great though.

Avacado is primarily monounsaturated fat so there's no need to worry really.

Don't flip your eggs over then? Cook them at a low temperature, and put a lid on the pan halfway through, which ensures that the whites get cooked through while the yokes stay runny

My meme way of cooking an egg runny/perfectly is to put the pan on extremely low heat and let a small bit of butter melt, spread it around, and then crack an egg onto the extremely low heat pan and just leave it the fuck alone for like 5-10 minutes. It's perfect. Looks like a fuckin' cartoon egg, no bubbles or anything.

Remove the bread, add some bacon.
Grats, you just freed yourself from the starch slavery.

starch slavery
did your mother drop you on your head more than just the once as a baby?

Add wholegrain mustard or soy sauce or lime juice... or a combination of them.

>starch slavery

I kek'd eventhough you're retarded for not knowing green text, faggot.

Sous vide the shit out of those eggs

And no red meat diets are stupid, nitrate free bacon is super healthy

>thinks i don't know how to greentext when infact i was being a lazy fuck
im sorry i didnt meet your tism standards, user

What the fuck is going on in this thread? Seriously somebody enlighten me please. OP posted a picture of an egg on toast and called it healthy. So it's clearly bait, but people are replying seriously... is the entire thread bait and every post in it? Confusing.

add a bowl of oatmeal and slices of avocado on the breakfast and you're set.

Season your egg with adobo seasoning (only) if you want to pack some flavor. Remove the white toast and make it wheat

Trying to keep your sugar intake down is absolutely pointless if you're still eating bread and other starchy foods. Carbs are deceptive; even though they don't taste sweet, they become sugar once your body digests them. The insulin spike in your blood is the same whether you're eating cake, fruit, pasta, or a piece of bread. Either cut out carbs, or learn to eat things in moderation.

>bacon is super healthy

>more than double the caloric content
retard

>being this retarded
>"i have no idea what fiber is or what it does"
literally kys, you are harming people your your complete lack of knowledge

>i have never looked at an insulinogenic study in my life
high carb foods have the shortest spikes and are generally lower than high fat foods. just google insulin index study

>inplying fat doesnt get turned to sugar
dear god user have you ever opened a biology book? or are you a health expert because you read a meme blog?

when you eat fat, your body tries to turn it to sugar to use as energy. if ot cant, it gets stored as fat. thats what your belly and bingo arms are made of- fat.

>egg
>healthy
pick one. eggs are high in sat fat and cholesterol. so much cholesterol than just one contains the daily limit. even the fatass american govt says eggs are not healthy

>bread
>healthy

top kek my man

I like to eat salsa with my eggs.

Eggs aren't healthy

you morons need to stop thinking that certain foods are healthy or unhealthy

I eat eggs because they're healthy, versatile and flavorful.

Yeah lets just eat whatever we want, totally rad dude!!!!

Fuck off

Eat plain cheerios with some berries or banana slices, unless you're only eating fruit every meal the natural sugar from it aren't going to cause any harm. Cheerios taste great and have no sugar.

Go to Veeky Forums and read the sticky

Veeky Forums is a broscience mess when it comes to nutrition

They're all on steroids anyway

Are you trying to eat more nutritiously, or are you trying to cut calories.

There's so many contradictory information out there coming from so called experts it's hard to know what to believe. I think the only general consensus is,

1. Eat lots of vegetables
2. Go unprocessed over processed
3. Minimize sugar

seconding avocado

buy some cilantro and green onion. also, some course sea salt does wonders on top of an egg in terms of texture.

Yeah, let's get real anal, autistic and stressed about what we eat so any slight benefit we might gain is completely nullified by all the fuss and worry.

Fuck off back to throwa/fit/!

>Yeah lets just eat whatever we want, totally rad dude!!!!

yeah, pretty much. are you really trying to police a person's eating habits on Veeky Forums?

OP is eating

Veeky Forums isn't Veeky Forums. Everyone here has normie standards of what healthy food is.

The American govt has no clue about health. Saturated fat isn't bad for you and food cholesterol doesn't equate to body cholesterol. Eggs are a great source of protein, increase testosterone, and as a result promote fat loss, which would result in lower body cholesterol

>Cheerios taste great and have no sugar.
1g of sugar in a 28 g serving of Cheerios. Not as bad as shitty kid cereals, but certainly not none.
/autism

I don't know what you would consider healthy. I'd say I have pretty healthy breakfasts that I try to cap out at 400cal. I still eat sausages and add cheese, so maybe that's naughty to you but you can always substitute

Anyways, here's what I've rotated around as my breakfast:

Avocado toast with chopped tomato, and poached eggs with balsamic vinegar. Can optionally add bocconcini.

Garlic rice with an egg cooked sunny side up. Usually have sliced cucumbers and cherry tomatoes with this combo. Can optionally add a breakfast sausage or two.

2-3 egg scrambed egg cooked in a small pot on low heat. Topped with scallions. A piece of toast on the side.

Natto (japanese fermented beans) and rice. Top with scallions, soy sauce and hot mustard.

Tortilla with refried beans, homemade salsa and poached eggs.

Flatbread with roasted egg plant, cumin yogurt, pomegranate, tahini and a poached egg.

I could go on... It's pretty easy OP. I kind of do a lot of variations of these things. Just switch around ingredients (e.g., avocado w/ cumin yogurt on toast) and you'll never get bored of breakfast. Just make sure to keep your portions kind of small.

****to cook your egg, instead of flipping it, may I suggest putting a lid on your pan and let the heat cook the top?

this is the real bait post

not OP but these are some awesome ideas, thanks for sharing.

I have 2 of those for dinner everyday with cottage cheese under the egg

This is all you can really do, OP. Everything else is opinion

>x is healthy
>x is unhealthy
>you can eat y anytime you want
>literally never eat y or you'll die

i thought as much
i almost took the bait

Eggs are always choice. Cook them as you do regularly or go for english style scrambled eggs.

Hash browns are another good option, though I always use olive oil instead of butter. Add whatever vegetables you like and it makes for a filling side dish.

Tamago kake gohan is a nice comfort food if the idea of letting the rice cook the egg doesn't put you off.

When I make egg on toast I like to add salsa and avocado or some pickled red peppers.

>having bread

I thought you said you were eating healthy, OP?

so glad I'm not a fat slob and have to conciously diet

Pure powdered MSG.

Don't believe the soccer moms, there is literally nothing wrong with it.

Some sauteed spinach and tomatoes.

u fuckin wot m8 i'll bash ur 'ed in ur a cheeky wun

I spent a couple years eating the following:
>one slice heavy, multigrain bread
>1-2 over easy eggs (a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper)
>one sliced tomato (salt and pepper)
>half a sliced avocado

At least once a weak I'd have a steak with it.

Fry up a slice of tomato, or a few sliced grape tomatoes. Preferably fried in olive oil, but butter works too. Add to sandwich. Season with salt, pepper, and basil.

my nigga

if the soccer moms knew that chick fil a was using MSG in their seasoning they'd freak out

don't tell anyone ,':^)

>cumin yogurt
snerk

> healthy
> coffee

lol

Is this the American government that subsidizes corn and condones corn syrup as a sweetener? Yeah thought so

Is this a fried egg? You could always boil it for 5 minutes and dip toast in

Cereal is for kids.

Eggs are the best way to get protein in the morning if you don't eat meat and don't want to eat beans since that would likely be your dinner.

Is that toast buttered?
Are you trying to kill him?

Lmao
It's becel
Fuck life

Eggs are 65% calories from fat you dumbo. Eggs are primarily a source of fat, not protein.
It isn't required to get "protein" in the morning. All the protein you need would be contained in the oats, vegetables and nuts that you should be eating.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A TOP TIER BREAKFAST MY MAIN MAN.

Try sauteeing some spinach or other greens and putting them down before the egg. You can even cook enough for a few days and heat up just enough for each day in the morning. Always use Cavander greek seasoning, shit is cash

FOR ME

How is that healthier just add more variety to your diet, control your portions and exercise you retard.

this

The "MSG is bad" meme should have died some 10 years ago and yes it still persists, despite very little evidence outside of them dosing fucking rats with hundreds of times the dosage of MSG you'd get in the average meal.

lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/7-reasons-you-should-eat-eggs-for-breakfast.html

Wrong
Wrong
Wrongity wrong wrong
Dumbo

Rice with a raw egg mixed in is cheap and delicious.

It is. Paleo yo.

>Paleo yo
lol fucking retards

look at this idiot.

eggs are 7 grams of protein and 70 calories.

4 eggs is 21 grams of protein for 210 calories, and lots of healthy cholesterol.

eggs stimulate testosterone production.

eggs should be a part of every breakfast for every person.

eating a lot of fiber in the morning is a recipe for disaster. nuts, for breakfast? lmfao?

have a small bowl of oatmeal and some eggs with a banana and bacon/ham/sausage.

you fuccboi.

You are the tip of the food chain. Act like it. Every day another meal.

Youre still fat

>5/6 ideas have eggs

I mean, I get it, easy source of protein, but get some other proteins in your life.

Maybe swap out some blackened fish or roasted chicken breasts in some of those, I suppose.

You're still an idiot.

What's the best way to use this stuff? Do you just sprinkle it on top of food, or does it have to be cooked in?
Is there a guideline as to how much to use, or do you just keep going until you can taste the difference?

Just use it like salt. To taste

i'll stick to my cholesterol diet ya fuckin queers

>w you've been vegan for 3 months and see a pic of a complete English breakfast

I asked for this.

There's literally nothing wrong with eggs. Those chickens want you to eat their eggs. They're good girls, user. GOOD GIRLS.

>Garlic rice with an egg cooked sunny side up. Usually have sliced cucumbers and cherry tomatoes with this combo. Can optionally add a breakfast sausage or two.
That sounds like heaven.

>vegemite
>slice of cheese

What is even the problem with eating eggs as a vegan? Chickens produce eggs ANYWAY, it's literally just a product of the chicken's menstrual cycle.

Or is it something about how buying eggs "facilitates the business that mistreats chickens"?

You apparently know the answer but don't find it good enough and posted just to feel superior. Seriously examine your life

I didn't know, I guessed. I was asking for confirmation.

Lots of egg talk in this thread.
What are some good recipes that use specifically egg whites? I hate just tossing them down the sink when I make recipes that call for separated yolks.

>not using marg to coat your toasties in