Do you prefer Physical or digital books?

I've ben thinking a lot about this issue and while I've been buying physical books in the past, I've been reading almost exclusively using the Kindle app since 2014 because physical books takes up a lot of space.

But I wanna hear what you guys think.

Yeah but what about when India gets revenge for all the poo jokes and you have no power. No kindle now

Physical books are more comforting. Digital books are more convenient.

Urm, I don't get it.

Small books (lets say up to 300-400 pages depending on size) I prefer physical.

But for those thicker monsters, the convenience of digital overrides everything else.

I avoid reading on LCD screens though, e ink devices are close enough to real books however.
Used devices are so cheap that there is no real defense for LCD, really, 30-60 bucks for an old Kindle or Kobo is less than I've paid for some books, it even pays itself back if you pirate some books or if the digital editions are just cheaper.

Most of the time I read on one of my Kindles (keyboard and DX). I buy physical books sometimes, from sales or some books that aren't available for download.

If you can't end a book, close it, sigh while you contemplate on what you've just read and then place it on a bookshelf so you stare at it's side with everything and anything on your mind goes round and round then reading is useless.

Bruh, my Kindle allows me to tweet that I've just finished the book. Much better!

The difference between an ENFP and an INFP.

I do both.

Normal books for reading at home, and a book on my smartphone when I'm out and about.

Having said that, a real books feels nicer in your hands.

Also, I require physical book so that I can clutter my room up with them. If I don't do this, then people will not recognize me for the towering intellectual that I am.

Between a patrician and a pleb*

cant get used to digital
i need to hold it in my hand and smell the paper

The fetishistic obsession regarding the physical and sensory aspects of books is not literary, and has nothing to do with the consumption of literature.

I'll be sad when hardcovers are no longer made.

I'm indifferent. I read mostly on my laptop though, simply because it's free. I only read paper when I get it as a gift or I get it cheap 2nd hand or something.

I keep books on my phone so I can read everywhere without having to carry around a paperback. I like reading real books but I'd rather read more often

Power ranking for me.
Hardbacks>Kindle>>>>>>>>>>>Paperbacks

this. On the bus, waiting in line, taking a shit somewhere.... The phone is always with you. Cool Reader is a great app that lets you fix font and background color, sizes etc and reads epubs, txt, doc, etc,
I'm still buying paper books though.

I read physical books. You'll give more of a shit about the art you buy. I generally pirate music but the few albums that I've bought I've listened to with much, much more attention and care than any pirated one. On the other hand, I have a massive backlog of hundreds of hours of .flacs and .mp3s, and I don't actually want to listen to at least 1/3 of that shit. I also have many ebooks on my phone, but only managed to read Alice in Wonderland and some other short story.

I prefer physical books. It's a sensory thing for me, I love feeling the book, love looking at the cover art, love flipping the pages and feeling the mass of pages changing from right to left.

can't afford physical books so I got a paperwhite

it's alright, but I'd much prefer having physical copies of all of my books to inflate my ego

Hardcovers are too uncomfortable to read in my situation I guess it wouldn't be too bad reading on a chair or something but I read while laying down and have to keep my book in awkward ways and paperback accommodates those awkward positions

I hate reading on an LCD screen unless it's shitposting on Chinese cartoon forums.

Electrical ink is fine to read on. But I stopped using my Kindle because I the price of a digital copy of whatever I wanted to read was the same as the physical copy, or as near as makes no difference. I just hate the idea of paying for a string of 1s and 0s that gets instantly downloaded at no trouble or effort by anyone when I could have a physical copy that looks nice on a shelf and feels nice in my hand

I just bought Kindle two weeks ago and I just came back from the thrift store with a haul. I use my Kindle for when I'm traveling

I read digital and physical. For books I refer back to, I prefer physical copies, but it doesn't really matter to me.

that's just ur opinion man

I'm reading through my last few paperback books before moving over completely to my old Kindle. The feel of a physical book is good however for me it cannot compare to an ereaders comfort, or the way in which the ereader is always easy to hold whereas early and late in a book (especially hardback) I struggle to find a comfortable way to hold the book. As far as I can tell Kindle books are normally a quid or so cheaper than the paperback version so there is also the money standpoint.

This doesn't mean I'm not gonna get Metro 2035 in paperback to keep everything in the same format.