I just wanna read something that's really trippy...

I just wanna read something that's really trippy, like you know how when you're laying on the floor listening to a really long droning album or something? I want that in book form, I want something philosophical and meditative that I feel I can become more one with, you know what I mean? Being an atheist, and having a deep seated hatred of religion for most of my life now, I can say that I am very much a spiritual person, except not in the sense that most people think of spiritual; I don't believe in the supernatural and I'm a positivist, and that supernatural bullshit is just for people who have no interest in understanding the world through reason, and don't realize that if you're not trying to understand the world through reason then you're really just making shit up and all your ideas are absolutely worthless, especially if you're just basing it out of some fucking book, and for morals.

No, I'm not looking for religion, and doing something someone else tells me to regardless of whether or not it's right, I'm interested in waking up and feeling whole, and feeling like I am me, and I exist in this universe and I feel comfortable with that. Maybe I'm just a hedonist to you then, in that sense, but to be honest everyone's perception of what spirituality and what the world actually is is so fucked up, sometimes I feel like the only intelligent people in the entire world are me an other atheists like me

bump

bump

>Ramayana
>Ulysses
>Quaran
>Clarissa
>Man Without Qualities
>Complete Plato
>Tracatus Logicus
But two are a lie hhahhha

Wittgenstein, Sartre, Kafka, Dostoevsky, Kierkegaard, St. Augustine etc.

Of course the last three have religious overtones, but they can be appreciated from a secular perspective.

Go back to /mu/ jesus fucking christ, I'd say read Beckett's Trilogy but knowing how much of a faggot you are you should just read some Auster and Murakami and mull over how fucking deep you are.

I know that it's just customary and probably a bit of a defense mechanism to talk like this to people, but could you please knock it off? It gets so boring and predictable and obnoxious, I'm much prefer if you'd talk civilly to me and I'd talk civilly to you. Who knows, maybe it'd set off the butterfly effect and for a day the world would be a nice place, or maybe it may cause something terrible to happen, you never know.

Idk if I'm actually annoyed with you so much as I actually like the idea of being annoyed with you, like I feel I should be annoyed at seeing something like this all the time, but in another sense it's really something that's outside of my control. Man, that's like my ultimate fantasy, to live in a race of people who aren't so god damn hostile. I imagine it all the time, because you know the human race was born into survival mode, we had to be vicious for a long time so we don't die. But relax, this is the fucking 21st century, imagine what it would be like if we were all peaceful, benign creatures, not casting judgment on each other and loving everything? Who the hell doesn't aspire to that but sadists and masochists? Even then, you aughta let the other person at least give you some consent or something.

Finnegans wake is the pinnacle of what you're looking for.

Naked Lunch might be worth checking out, I haven't read it yet but the movie adaptation is always cited as one of the best "trippy" films.

it's trippy as all fuck, but not at all meditative.

I mean, Veeky Forums is a little more cultured and civil than the rest of the boards but it's still the internet and it's still Veeky Forums so longwinded replies like this just begs for trolls

I hope this is pasta

No man, it's just a long post, which actually isn't that long considering the length of posts I am capable of writing in random one goes. I'm not even kidding, the only reason you think that post is pasta is because it's long and you're not used to seeing people write long posts on this website. It's sort of funny think that maybe I actually have a tendency to write longer posts than most people do.

Why would you try to conjure something "trippy" without the goal of meditation and contemplation? If you don't then you're missing the point of those things entirely.

You should look at it and contemplate it, the geometry, the symbolism, the mindstate of the artwork's creator, your mindset as you view it, how it makes you feel, how you felt prior to seeing it, what was your goal, is it a worthy goal, where do you go from here?

(this is Dali)

>Finnegans wake
HELL no. I don't wanna read some book written in 20 different languages that no scholar can even agree on what's going on it. I saw a guy do an analysis of the book in a video once, I watched like 15 minutes of it before I called it quits, I decided that was enough for me.

Then there's naked lunch, that book is difficult as hell to read. I think that it does have a potential to be deciphered though, but I picked it up a while ago when I don't think I was ready for it. I still don't feel ready to try to dive into the borderline incoherence of that book.

I call back to Hendrix when I say son, you're not experienced

I'm halfway through reading it now. so far it seems like Burroughs is making the book trippy (as in, for example, no logical coherence of narrative, vivid imagery, repetitions of phrases and details and images, often with the effect of creating a visceral feeling of disgust) to demonstrate the depths to which addiction to heroin takes you. it's trippy, but it's a bad trip. it's meant to recreate, in text, the feeling of a warped and unpleasant mental state.

tl;dr

You blather on and on because your intellect is too dull to express your thoughts with concision

you are a bad writer

no it's cause you're mindless enough to sound like parody

get a fucking life

>Naked Lunch

Came to post this. The movie is horseshit, at least compared to the book.

The Neon Bible if you have 5-10 hours to read it all at once.

I totally saw something almost exactly like that on shrooms once. I am not even trolling you. It was so beautiful that I was weeping.

Is Clarissa any good? I've been on a bit of a kick recently reading Fielding and Dickens, and Richardson's name keeps popping up as being the 18th century's Women and Men.

Tristessa by Jack Kerouac.