How can I make a laser that appears to be swirling in the air...

How can I make a laser that appears to be swirling in the air ? Would putting a mirror thats spinning circular with very high speeds then directs it back to directional be able to sync the laser with our eyes fps to make it look like it ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nPBdImGeFxs?t=442
youtu.be/uENITui5_jU
youtube.com/watch?v=D66tzbdcP9s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_angular_momentum_of_light
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You are defining one of the light principles.

Maybe you can do this with a fluid.

It's not a laser he's firing.

Yeah exactly. Like this one.

youtu.be/nPBdImGeFxs?t=442

jump to 7:18

It's plasma. I don't even know how to fire plasma out of something handheld and not kill myself or how much would something like that cost.

More like this, m8

youtu.be/uENITui5_jU

Well exactly. It's just that the interval of one spin should match with the fps of our eyes.

What a fucking faggot, he is everything wrong with youtube.

>the fps of our eyes.
Shut the fuck up nerd

Make a box around where you fire said laser. Fill said box with a volumetric display, display a laser swirling in the air.

with strong enough magnets laser has many molecules that can be ploarized with magnets just like it is water with dipole moments when you polarize molecules of laser you can change direction of it

not in mid-air though

I think that guy likes Super Soakers a little too much.......

youtube.com/watch?v=D66tzbdcP9s

So somewhere north of 200 per second?

Someone must know how :O

use a vapor of some kind and a fan to rotate the vapor then shoot a laser through it.

Make a laser pulse in the middle so strong it has it's own gravitational field, and the laser on the outside orbits around it.

that music is triggering me

also, where does the sound the fed into the tube? i need a captain

Make a laser that has a non null orbital angular momentum. Or put something that polarizes the light in such a way when it exits the laser cavity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_angular_momentum_of_light

Is there any demonstration of photos with angular momentum or is this pure hypothetical ?

It's not hypothetical. Transmitters and receivers do exist. I don't know about any photo. The period is most likely a few hundred nanometers, i.e. comparable to the wavelength.

>The period is most likely a few hundred nanometers, i.e. comparable to the wavelength.
too narrow :c