youtube.com/watch?v=vpImZvLjty0
kentpresents.org/edit/resources/dina-katabi-2-w800.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=JyyLsTJmWWg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>She died of radiation
Good job """discovering""" the radioactive properties LMAO

wew that was short lads

Omg YES!!
Let's start Marie Curie and her husband, and...well...

Maria Theresa
>Maria Theresa promulgated financial and educational reforms, with the assistance of Count Friedrich Wilhelm von Haugwitz and Gerard van Swieten, promoted commerce and the development of agriculture, and reorganised Austria's ramshackle military, all of which strengthened Austria's international standing.

>Dungadunga Banana
>winner of Ucraco Khukhi Prize

She accidentally discovered that berries are edible

Bonus points for XX-XXI century females

Hedy Lamarr
>(co)inventor of frequency hopping

>you unironically respect
>unironically

Go buy a dictionary, OP.
ironic =\= facetious

>no pic
you goddamn pleb

Lisa Meitner
(co)discovered nuclear fission

Irène Joliot-Curie

"Jointly with her husband, Joliot-Curie was awarded the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1935 for their discovery of artificial radioactivity"

Susan Jocelyn Bell Burnell

discovered pulsars

she's cute. I'd let her discover my pulsar if u kno wat i mean ;)))

Grace Hopper

>you goddamn pleb

was one of the first programmers of the Harvard Mark I computer in 1944,[2] invented the first compiler for a computer programming language,[3][4][5][6][7] and was one of those who popularized the idea of machine-independent programming languages which led to the development of COBOL, one of the first high-level programming languages

Natalia Bekhtereva

developed neurophysiological approaches to psychology, such as measuring the impulse activity of human neurons

Ada Lovelace

was an English mathematician and writer, chiefly known for her work on Charles Babbage's early mechanical general-purpose computer, the Analytical Engine. Her notes on the engine include what is recognised as the first algorithm intended to be carried out by a machine. As a result, she is often regarded as the first computer programmer

also, whenever i think about famous female scientists i always remember Hypatia, Emily du Chatelet and Rosalind Franklin, but their achievements are sort of minor compared to the people already mentioned here

also, apparently
the 2014 Fields Medal was won by a woman
the 2006 Turing Award was won by a woman

the "Life Scientific" podcast often talks with and or about female scientists, i've watched only a couple of episodes, i think i learned about JB Burnell and Rosalind Franklin from that podcast

Sara Zahedi
EMS Prize 2016
„For her outstanding research regarding the development and analysis of numerical algorithms for partial differential equations with a focus on applications to problems with dynamically changing geometry.“

Yee came here to post this.

Temple Grandin
She autistic just like me. :)

Lisa sparxxx took 919 dicks in the span of 24 hours

This is the problem with gender politics. The thing is that if you made a thread just about scientists then eventually the women posted here would get posted there because the thing is that people like Marie Curie are NOT great female scientists, they are great scientists.

By posting her on an only-female thread you devalue her experiences and achievements by relegating her achievement to something comparable to the women version of sports like women's running and women's tennis, etc.

White knights please kill yourselves. If you actually respected the women you post you would not post them here, you would post them in a general scientists thread.

>meave miller
>knows html and has nice eyebrows

>HTML tags
That's pretty high-level shit right there

women in science throughout history had to struggle much more then men to get their work published and recognized.
they worked harder then men and got less recognition. why should they be put in the same category as male scientists?

Amy Goodman of Democracy Now. I started listening to her on the radio when I was in college in the late 1990s.

Say what you want about her politics. She has been a consistent and fearless alternative to mainstream media for more than 20 years. I've heard more thought-provoking interviews on her program than I have on all other media platforms combined.

++Respect

>why should they be put in the same category as male scientists?

Because they are equally capable?

The reason there is football (soccer if you are americuck) and women's football is not because women have had to struggle to get into sports (even though this is true). It is because women are physically inferior to men in the parts that matter for something like football so it would be stupid to put a women's team against a men's team. No one would watch that.

That is not the same for intellectualism and scientific achievement. Women are not mentally inferior to men which means that women can play in the same category as men. We don't need 'women science' because women can just participate in science, like men.

>mfw a thread pandering to women is actually the most sexist thread Veeky Forums has seen in a while.

Why do they have to be so snotty about this shit

and they're confused as to why they don't get anywhere

>mfw a thread pandering to women is actually the most sexist thread Veeky Forums has seen in a while.

This is actually pretty common among white knights. Specially when you consider that the only reason they act this way is because they want to get some fuck.

I didn't say they (women) were mentally inferior or incapable. I think that going through struggle and achieving something makes you superior and more capable actually.

a women's football team beating a men's football team would be more impressive then vice versa.

same reason male nerds are snotty. they get bullied a lot by their peers.

>women are not mentally inferior to men
This is what liberals actually believe.

>I think that going through struggle and achieving something makes you superior and more capable actually.

But science has nothing to do with any struggle. Science is not political.

>a women's football team beating a men's football team would be more impressive then vice versa.

It would be impressive because at the pro level this would be impossible.

If you put a women's team vs a men's team in the setting of 5 - 10 year olds then maybe this could happen because there aren't many sexual differences but put the best pro men's team against the best pro women's team and it would be a literal carnage.

The difference in physical ability at the top between men and women is ridiculous, you can even see it in the olymics. Women have their own records.

This is not even remotely the case for mental ability and the proof of that is the very women posted in this thread, being disgraced by the pack of white knights trying to impress the single woman poster in Veeky Forums so that she comes here and then they can all go

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Like the autists they are. Trust me, I've been here a few times.

>This is what liberals actually believe.

I'm not even going to attack you because if /pol/ gets in here then the whiteknights will naturally go away, maybe to talk with the woman they orbit, the absolute cucks.

dont even argue with these people, its useless xD

>physical differences obviously exist
>but mental differences don't because I don't like that

apa.org/news/press/releases/2016/02/famous-scientists-struggle.aspx

A woman will never break a man's record in any sport.

Meanwhile the achievements of someone like Marie Curie are literally top tier science. If a man had made what she did it would be just as amazing.

Top female scientists (I hate having to prefix words with female) are absolute proof that women and men are just as capable when it comes to mental skill.

>Even Einstein struggled

Just that counters your argument that because women scientists struggle they deserve their own category.

That shows men scientists also struggle.

Furthermore, even if they struggle, their struggle has nothing to do with their work. It is something on the side. It is a separate part of their lives, not their career.

>A woman will never break a man's record in any sport

lol

I wasn't implying women were dumber.
Mentally inferior =/= Dumber

>Top female scientists (I hate having to prefix words with female) are absolute proof that women and men are just as capable when it comes to mental skill.
Outliers don't say much about the average member of a group, though.

Emmy Noether

From Wikipedia:
Soon after arriving at Göttingen, however, she demonstrated her capabilities by proving the theorem now known as Noether's theorem, which shows that a conservation law is associated with any differentiable symmetry of a physical system.[28][29] American physicists Leon M. Lederman and Christopher T. Hill argue in their book Symmetry and the Beautiful Universe that Noether's theorem is "certainly one of the most important mathematical theorems ever proved in guiding the development of modern physics, possibly on a par with the Pythagorean theorem".

lol, thats a whole new level of bullshit

> no Noether
Amalie Emmy Noether (German: [ˈnoːtɐ]; 23 March 1882 – 14 April 1935) was a German Jewish mathematician known for her landmark contributions to abstract algebra and theoretical physics. [1]

She was described by Pavel Alexandrov, Albert Einstein, Jean Dieudonné, Hermann Weyl, and Norbert Wiener as the most important woman in the history of mathematics.[2][3] As one of the leading mathematicians of her time, she developed the theories of rings, fields, and algebras. In physics, Noether's theorem explains the connection between symmetry and conservation laws.[4]

>Outliers don't say much about the average member of a group, though.

Then top male scientists don't say anything about men in general, meaning that both men and women are just as stupid.

Either you accept that both male achievement and female achievement imply male and female intelligence or you accept that neither male achievement nor female achievement imply male or female achievement.

You can't have it both ways. Men can't be smart and women dumb or women smart and men dumb because both groups have people at the top. Either we are all dumb or we are all capable.

Mentally inferior strictly implies dumber. What are even talking about?

TOO SLOW xD get on this guy's level xD

Physical differences are much better understood and easier to measure, though. If a woman athlete injects testosterone she'll grow more muscle and likely get better at whatever she's doing. I haven't heard about that happening with mental capabilities. (I'm not saying it disproves your point, it's just a bit early to make judgements when we don't understand why exactly would women be worse scientists than men)

Cucks please go back to /soc/ to give compliments to random women you will never know irl. Veeky Forums is a serious board about scientific discussion, not about cucktopics.

Veeky Forums - Roasties reeee

> freshman detected
Wait til next near when you learn Noethers theorem.
It'll blow your mind

If a woman goes to the olympics and participates in the men's events and does not finish last then that implies that women are virtually as capable as men.

If a woman participates in science and makes great achievements then that implies that women are virtually as capable as men.

Even if you assume that women have to be less smart than men that the margin would have to be really smart because if women, even in their supposed mentally inferior state, can get into science and do great then what is even the practical difference?

back to >>>cess/pol/
lol

>Even if you assume that women have to be less smart than men
Wait what? I thought you were assuming this. I was arguing that the presence of physical differences doesn't necessarily imply mental differences.

you're not arguing the same person. I stopped arguing when said it was useless.

cuck tears lmao

>I thought you were assuming this.

What? I am assuming that women are as capable as men.

What I've been doing in this thread is try to get rid of the cucks who disrespect the achievement of women by categorizing them as merely 'women's achievements' when they are actually just achievements.

Carie was a fraud tho

too fat xD, gtfo

These two were my only other posts in this thread: and I guess I misunderstood you. Maybe tags a'la /b/ and /pol/ aren't a bad idea after all.

>fat shaming
You're a disgrace to the sjw. go back to pol

>no description
>making us google

now thats just rude

She discovered the hairband

youtube.com/watch?v=vpImZvLjty0

Stephanie Wehner

>>>Quantum Computers

She is also super awesome,
I like her!!!

>She is also super awesome,
>I like her!!!

6.5/10 bait

C'mon

isn't she awesome???

leave???
leave!

go get prepared for your school, idiot

>idiot
>prepare for your school?

postdoc here honey!!!

>women
>achievements

>using exclamation marks
>on Veeky Forums

>Marie was awarded a Nobel because she was wagoning on her husband's research then she was awarded another one out of pity because he had died

>are absolute proof that women and men are just as capable when it comes to mental skill.

825 men compared to 49 women won noble prize. Only around less than 10% of invention are reported by women to patent office. Women are vastly inferior to men when it comes to mental skill and especially creativity.

Pretty qt tbqh.

nope

>>>Dina Katabi
>>>X-ray Vision

kentpresents.org/edit/resources/dina-katabi-2-w800.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=JyyLsTJmWWg

>are you an american citizen?

wat

Your life is bullshit
You know emotions apply too
No

>Your life is bullshit
thanks for conceding xD

>ctrl+f john von neumann
>no result

Kek, shall we?
1. Probably the smartest human of all time, IQ > 220+

2. 100% photographic (eiditic memory), could recite books he read one decades prior backwards in a different language without pause.

3. Universal genius and unrivaled polymath, was virtually peerless in all academic fields he applied himself to, got bored and moved on quickly from field to field.

4. Capable of fast, extremely complex mental computations, he would calculate nuclear warhead yields in his head in seconds to minutes, and then have the computer do it over a period of hours to days to confirm, and was often exactly correct or within standard error.

5. Designed the first true computer and his von neumann architecture which is still used in virtually all electronic devices to this day

6. Invented game theory and a seemingly endless list of groundbreaking achievements and mathematical breakthroughs in a vast amount of fields.

7. Saved us from Russian domination during the early cold war, convined america they were woefully behind in the arms race (which they refused to believe), pioneered the manhattan project and created nuclear warheads, and created the concept of MAD (mutual assured destruction).

8. Was 100% neurotypical, he was not introverted or on the autism/assburger spectrum and was quite jovial, he enjoyed hosting parties at his house and would wear funny hats and tell jokes to amuse his guests.

9. Towards the end of his life (died from brain cancer at around 50) began pioneering work on cellular atomata.

10. On his own he worked out key steps required for the development of the atomic bomb, and he worked out the structure of DNA via mathematical analysis, before the structure was discovered by watson and crick.

As you can see, John von Neumann had potentially the greatest human mind of all time. However, his immeasurable genius also had a disadvantage in that he couldn't focus on one area for a long time.

>women
lrnt2read you neumann fag

> implying Neumann had balls.
How do you know?
Were you there?

> Lisa Marie Presley
> For discovering that Michael Jacksons had a penis

Was just about to post her. Noether's theorem is key to understand WHY conservation laws are a thing, and she has a ton of contributions to algebra. Also she was red as fuck. Truly world's most underrated mathematician

Barbara Mcclintock. Towering geneticist, discovered transposons for which she won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (the only woman to have single-handedly done so).

Bitch invented kevlar

And he was Roman Catholic.

Really makes you think.

Rita Levi Montalcini

I don't know if you guys ever heard of her, but she was one of the greatest italian scientists and she won a Nobel Prize for the discovery of the Nerve Growing Factor.

came to see if she had been posted already

underrated

Henrietta Lacks

She wasn't a scientist but her body made most modern biology possible and that's something I respect.

godtier genes

>tfw she's Pro-Chancellor at my uni

he had a literal deathbed conversion, calling him a catholic is dishonest, he as essentially agnostic. I can't tell if you people are memeing me or bullshiting for jesus

whatever religion neumann was, we can say that he probably had more reason to believe in it than we know.

just imagine:

the difference in intelligence between you and an average SILVERBACK GORILLA

is the same difference between neumann and a nobel laureate or einstein

therefore for us to even try and understand or rationalize such a profoundly complex mind would be like a gorilla trying to understand why we spend so much time looking at little metal rectangles in our hands

>same difference
nah

>Someone who apparently can't use capital letters and basic punctuation is lecturing me on intelligence.

My gf, she can stand me

gorilla IQ: 80
you IQ: 100 (not counting those 15 online IQ tests you practiced until you got 140)

Nobel Laureate IQ: 160+
Neumann IQ: 220+

WHAT A LAUGH LOL NEUMANN IS DOUBLE AS SMART AS A NOBEL LAUREATE AS YOU ARE TO A GORILLA

>WHAT A LAUGH LOL NEUMANN IS DOUBLE AS SMART AS A NOBEL LAUREATE AS YOU ARE TO A GORILLA

Fucking lol, I applaud your efforts user.

aww