Pancake

>pancake

After cooking lardons, add a couple diced jazz apples into some of the rendered fat and grate on a good amount of palm sugar and a few dashes of chili vinegar.

Once the water from the apples has all but evaporated and only syrup is left the apples will start to brown, at which point they’re done.

Set up your pancake station. It’s a basic batter recipe, with a little added nutmeg, ground ginger, and ancho chili powder.

Add your toppings and flip when bubbles form around the edges.

Pancake didn’t turn out so well. New plan…

Throw everything together in a bowl, along with a splash of beer for good measure and extra leavening.

whatever you are doing sounds pretty tasty if I'm being honest

Bowl needs to be greased. Using a combination of avocado, lao gan ma, and beef tallow.

Add batter to greased bowl and pick a setting on your rice cooker. I randomly chose “sweet”, because pancakes.

Around 30 minutes later the rice cooker and a toothpick said it was done. Time to flip it out onto a plate.

Wa la. The lao gan ma floated up to the surface when the batter was poured in, so all the chili crisps ended up around the bottom crust.

Money shot.

Crumb shot.

Serve with avocado slice and a pinch of sea salt.

yum

>avocado
>no syrup

FUCK YOU AND YOUR DISGUSTING FAILURE OF A WASTE OF AN APPLE OF A PLANET THAT YOU'RE A FUCKING SHITSTAIN ON AS CAPTAIN OF THE LEAGUE OF ORDERLY FUCKING OVER THE GOOD NATURE OF GASTRONOMIC PLEASURES.

Would never think to combine these ingredients, much less in a pancake. Seems pretty damn tasty though.

No.

shes hot

well there it is, the stupidest fucking thing I read today

bro how did u fuck up pancakes

id eat it

I don't know, man; pretty embarrassing.

Kind of winged the batter recipe, so probably some combination of not enough moisture in the batter, too hot of a pan, and maybe not enough fat, despite the pan being really well seasoned.

The rice cooker pancake came out better than expected, though the batter was definitely overworked by that point.