Picked up a crockpot for black friday. Aside from soups and such, what's some of Veeky Forums's favorite meals to make?

Picked up a crockpot for black friday. Aside from soups and such, what's some of Veeky Forums's favorite meals to make?

Other urls found in this thread:

rodalesorganiclife.com/food/no-need-hurry-vegetable-curry
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im also interested in this

Crock pots are shit.

You can throw a pork butt or beef chuck roast in there until it falls apart though. Better done on a smoker obviously though.

mexican shredded chicken
pop some chicken thighs n breasts in there with a couple cans of salsa and your favorite hot peppers and then just let it sit until it falls apart
its gonna be a lil soggy but you get some flavorful moist ass chicken

I'd love a smoker user but not really feasible for everyone, especially people on somewhat of a budget or that live in an apartment

I've been making vegetable curry in mine, based on this recipe

rodalesorganiclife.com/food/no-need-hurry-vegetable-curry

I use spicy curry paste and add a lot of curry powder as well. You can pretty much substitute any veggies you like and it works fine, I put carrots in mine.

>spicy cunny paste

Do you sear/pre-cook the chicken or just lob it in? I've heard people say it isn't necessary if you leave the crock pot on long enough and hot enough.

Not with that cause no skin

This.

-Chop an onion lengthwise into 4-5 discs, place on bottom of crock pot
-Add pork shoulder as big as will fit
- Top with a can of PBR
- Set on low on a Friday night and go to bed
- Pull the fucker out in the morning, pull apart with fork, add a little of that greasy pbr back into it.
- Feast like a king the entire weekend for $10

You can do meatloaf, lasagna, taco filling, mac and cheese, and chicken (I always recommend using thighs) with whatever sauce you want.
Use look up slow cooker recipes, and you'll find a good bit. You can even do desserts in them.

>it isn't necessary if you leave the crock pot on long enough and hot enough.

That's utter bullshit. A crock pot with a liquid in it never gets hot enough to create the malliard reaction.

You don't have to sear the meat in advance, but you'll be missing out on flavor if you skip that step.

At least season it you lazy shit.

Easiest dish to make for group occasions

>chicken breasts
>BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's)

Set on low for eight hours, shred with forks. Serve on buns. Ez pz

Was gonna post something similar to this. One of the few things she makes that I love. Throw the mixture in a tortilla with some Mexican rice and cheese and is delish.

Why would you choose to use breasts for a brasied application? thigh would be cheaper and much tastier.

Get some potatoes (4 or 5), peel em. Get some cooling oil (or spray oil) in the pot so they don't stick.
Cut your potatoes and toss them in the pot. Going for scalloped potatoes.
Get some pork chops and season them however you like. I do a paprika based seasoning.
Then pan sear them chops in a little olive oil. Put the seared chops on the potatoes.
In the pork drippings saute a chopped up onion, maybe two.
Put your onion in the pot.
Them take some stock, flour, and milk and make a basic kind of gravy.
Then pour that in too. Set the crock pot to low and let that cook for like 6-8 hours.

I just get the boneless variety and go from there. I'm magnificently lazy if I'm making a large dish for a lot of people

you can get boneless chicken thighs, you know.

My sister has said good things about the ATK slow cooker revolution cookbook. The only thing to note is that the recipes are more involved then most normal crock pot recipes so if you just want super simple stuff I'd look somewhere else.

I'm waiting for the crockpot pasta poster.

Same, I thought Veeky Forums had some infographs for crockpots but my googlefu might be off

C O Q A U V I N

You sound like a working class chump. I bet you thought it would be a great "investment", how you would wake up to a warm, healthy breakfast to start off your long day. Maybe, you even had a couple thoughts about all the other nifty little uses you could find for the thing, how it would help you cook healthier meals in general, shed a couple pounds off the old gut, boost your confidence around work and with the ladies. Yeah, maybe that crockpot would start your life cooking again, wouldn't it? I can see your strained hands holding the box and reading through it carefully at the store. A little bit pricey, but you're the type of guy who thinks everything is more than you can spend, aren't you. And look what happened to you. Look what the crockpot did to you. Fucked you over, and made you clean it like a useless bitch. You don't even fucking like oatmeal. Piece of shit, you've been repeating those three words your whole life, haven't you. Yeah, how was work after that piece of shit fucked you over? I bet it was on your mind the whole day, you probably didn't say shit to nobody. Can't be telling people about your mistakes. How your little fix yourself plan, failed you. Don't want people to start thinking you're the failure. You're the piece of shit, all along. You don't want that do you? You don't want to be the piece of shit everybody secretly whispers about, do you? Was your father a piece of shit like you? I bet he never had a crockpot. He had a woman, a house, a damn good job. I bet it's slow cooking you the fuck alive, isn't it. Comparing yourself to him. How one day when all the steam runs our of your life, you'll discover how you're nothing more than burnt shit to be scrapped off and thrown in the trash.

Dude what the fuck are you talking about?

i really really really like this post

Yes, my favorite

a hearty braise
Tough meat, browned onions, good beer

beans mi amigo

hate this meme

ilu be my bf

I swear the only reason anyone ever makes crockpot threads is to bait this one out.

What's wrong with crock pots?