How one become next Proust or Knausgaard? When they write about their inner day to day life everyone is jerking off...

How one become next Proust or Knausgaard? When they write about their inner day to day life everyone is jerking off. When i write about same, no one cares.

They published it. You posted it on Veeky Forums or tumblr

Your post reads like that of an idiot, so I don't think the average person would really care.

I think this is basically it. Knausgaard, in particular, is nothing special.

but isnt life of idiot seen from his perspective interesting plot for a book?

knausgaard sucks, proust is lit

>Nothing special
>Sells 500k copies in Norway alone, a country with 5 million inhabitants and the book has been translated in to 22 languages, implying many more sales than that

Yeah, "nothing special".

Are you actually serious?

Have a gimmick for the media to shallowly meme upon, be photogenic, come around at the right time when the 'books matter' angle is relevant.

Yes, I'm actually serious. You can't call something that popular "nothing special".

>argumentum ad populum on the elitist board

A book that is shit will not sell. I know you "Veeky Forumserati" actually believe that is true, but it is not.

He has a fantastic hairline.

It must be hard for you to please a woman without your tongue.

Surprised if he can even walk.

Such cute b8.

You're wrong, the common person has bad taste.

The whole 'there is profundity to be found here' reverse elitism slumming posture is tiresome to be frank.

So why don't you publish yourself then user? Hmm?

Lets see if you have the ability to sell half a million copies of your book.

Knausgård was already a successful writer before he released Min Kamp and he arguably lived a more than average interesting life. So if you have those two locked down you might be able to jump on the Mundane Meme Train as well.

I have no desire to write.

That's also a pretty silly response. Your posts are Youtube comment tier.

>IF JUSTIN BIEBER SUCKS WHY DOES HE HAVE MILLIONS OF FANS

>IF YOU DON'T LIKE HIM WHY DON'T YOU DO IT BETTER? YOUR OWN LACK OF FAME IMPLIES THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE CRITICAL WHATSOEVER HAHA

This is what 95% of all rebuttals are like.

You have to resemble a werewolf

That's a cute reductio ad absurdum.

The point is that fame can be happen regardless of whether you personally find something "nothing special", because millions of people can find that specific thing actually "special".

The fact that you deride a writer who is quite obviously famous as "nothing special" is extremely smug, if you're a worthless piece of shit that waits tables and cleans toilets for a living, maybe you should take a good look at yourself before you're "critical".

be a good looking talentless hack

no you dumb shit. millions of people think mcdonalds and eating meat is "special"
when we all know that shit makes you fat and increases your chance of cancer
dumb people will find a way to let marketing trick them into liking shit.
go ahead be a sheeple

Yeah, but the fact that you're calling millions of people "dumb" for liking something, makes you sound like a narcissistic teenager yourself.

How can you possibly know why people like something?

Do you think the world is divided into people like you, who will never be influenced by market propaganda, and the rest of the "herd" ?

Maybe you should stop reading so much Nietzsche then edgelord.

>narcissistic
bzzzzt
bzzzz bzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzz
buzzzzzzzzzzz
bzzzzzzzz

How about telling me why he's special as a writer instead of telling me how many books he sold. And nah, sales are not a reason.
What a weird stance to see on Veeky Forums.

it's because they're eloquent and intelligent and you are not

Actually, the fact that most common people find something agreeable enough to consume is proof in itself that it is nothing special. If it was special it wouldn't be widely appreciated.

White Bacardi isn't a special rum. Johnny Walker Red is not a special scotch. Budweiser and Heineken are not special beers. Marlboro is not a special cigarette. They are popular because they lack specialness, because they are bland and average enough to appeal to a very wide amount of people by their lack of offensiveness while still 'doing the job'.

Most popular media isn't popular because it's amazing, it's popular because it's solid standard deviation core that is engaging enough to entertain a large part of the populace after a shitty day on the grind but not complex enough to require an actual effort. It is media that 'does the job', and that job is rather shitty and unimpressive.

>And nah, sales are not a reason.

Only on Veeky Forums is this not a reason. If you think it's possible to sell millions of copies of a book without writing *anything* profound, you're literally a retard, or a high school student.

On Veeky Forums you actually need to explain why you think it *is* a reason.

Sorry famalarino

>not having low standards is for mentally disordered youths

Is this what you need to tell yourself to be okay with your averageness, user?

Man, this lad gon fill a bucket.

alright this is bait. you're just gonna keep repeating muh sales and ignore logic/critical thinking

go read harry potter or 50 shades of grey much better than karl

I can do it pretty easily.

>Fifty Shades of Grey has topped best-seller lists around the world, selling over 125 million copies worldwide by June 2015. It has been translated into 52 languages, and set a record in the United Kingdom as the fastest-selling paperback of all time.

Any other retarded arguments you'd like to make?

>The Road by Cormac McCarthy, has sold 1.4 million copies
>But since it's so many, this must mean the book is bad

Literally your argument.

. . .
This isn't even an attempt

>you're saying a horse is a mammal, therefore you claim that all mammals are horses

literally start with the greeks

>The Bible, which ranks as the world's most-read book, has sold 3.9 billion copies.
nope there's good books that have sold tons of copies like the bible
and then there's shit like karl

This thread makes me feel vindicated in my decision not to read Knausgaard

Are you this fucking dumb or are you just baiting?

> If you think it's possible to sell millions of copies of a book without writing *anything* profound, you're literally a retard, or a high school student.

Highlight the profundity in the twilight series? ARe you implying that popularity necessarily implies profundity in a work? fucking hell dude your post might be the stupidest one i've seen on this board in a long time and this board is usually full with shitposts and dumb frogposters and elliotposters.

Lol same here. I felt like a philistine before and felt the compulsion to read something by him but realized that his "my struggle" is long as fuck which is why I kept delaying it. Now I feel validated.

you are posting on an anime website