Junk foods have high concentrations of certain amino acids which can be converted in the body to neurotransmitters...

Junk foods have high concentrations of certain amino acids which can be converted in the body to neurotransmitters. These are chemicals which pass messages between nerves. If an excess of these chemical messengers should accumulate, then too many messages are being transmitted in the brain, leading to the disruptive behavior observed in susceptible individuals. (ex: american children, americans, etc)

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I deem you wrong with Proof by Anime.

I contradict you with proof by Homu.

Nobody can prove me wrong? Surely some /x/ posters have to be lurking around, pls respond.

Pretty much all foods contain pretty much all amino acids

It's not about the amino acids so much as the sweetener content, which fuels the addiction response. There's a lot of garbage in junk food and it would take too long to go through the full spectrum of ways to influence human reasoning and behavior, so as a whole I'd say I'm not inclined to think amino acid content fuels a spike in neurotransmitter synthesis. There are rate control systems on most synthesis pathways.

Americans are fucked up because they drink tons of caffeine, are chronically stressed, sleep deprived, in a miserable political, social, and economic climate, have a garbage goitrogen and estrogenic isoflavnoid, fructose laced diet, are constantly under mass propaganda and confusion (PR, crowd psychology, divide and conquer etc), and are exposed to microwave band radiation which acts on voltage gated calcium channels and induces a state of cellular stress and improper regulation of neurotransmitter release.

Etc. Also pesticides and herbicides that act as endocrine disruptions, and some prenatal aspects.

Frank's razor states that:

"A claim asserted within a weeb degenerate's post may be dismissed on the premise that it is, thus, equally as degenerate."

>degeneracy
physics goes to

bump

Frank is a dork and his razor is dull.

Bam.
Take an intro to bio course.

>Take an intro to bio course.
Why not biochemistry?

maybe if i say a bunch of shit that seems right i can get away without posting any cited evidence or backing up my opinions the post

Look it up for yourself, invest some effort. I'm not going to do the legwork for you to build a bigger picture understanding of how the world works and how various factors can fit together.

Here, I'll help this much:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
Good luck. You've embarked on the journey of learning to think for yourself and evaluate claims on your own.

>it's your job to prove me right

Honestly I don't care if what you say is true or not but you have to understand this is a discussion among what I have hoped to believe mature adults who, using facts and evidence accepted to be true, assert and prove claims they believe in. You can't just cover up your complete lack of validation by pretending like it's the more adult thing to "go out and find sources for you myself".

That's an understandable desire, but you have to understand that structure of dialogue others are willing to engage in will vary, and be willing to accept these variations when they're reasonable. I'm not really concerned with framing a given exchange in terms of how it is most "adult" and am apt to use a more personally meaningful framework for anticipating outcomes and weighing their relative value.

In this case what you're requesting is, essentially, that I go source hunting for you and attempt to find material that concisely boils down years of research and countless papers I have mentally stored in a completely different form. I have to read through whatever I find and ensure it's "reputable" and communicates fully what I want it to. And there's all this other nuance to deal with, and for what? Then you get into the history of the PR machine in America, the advent of crowd psychology, the process of dismantling the labor parties after WW2 and either imprisoning or deporting their leaders. The typical lifestyle and culture of America, food composition, why food is made of what it's made of, subsidies [...].

No. It's a large interwoven web, and you might think your request is reasonable, but it isn't. I've given you a rough and high level summary, and thus the means to chip away at it on your own. It's better this way and you'll get more out of it than badgering someone who isn't really interested in an extended conversation and is apt to prefer a hit and run approach when it comes to compounds subjects, for people who might choose to use it.

Although, I will say, if you have specific targeted questions I am willing to talk. Just not any "source nao" stuff.

I have to point out how contrarian it is to state you're not willing to extend a conversation that could've been completely avoided altogether - but I can tell you're decently reasonable even if you're completely insufferable. I don't have any questions regarding the subject and frankly don't care much, however I'm willing to take your word that you can justify specific claims.
Just wanted to point out as much as it is a hassle to summarize large portions of research and analysis, even minimal effort makes a difference, especially since in a thread with a "Prove me wrong" hook, anything not clearly cited and defended is breeding ground for bait posts or simply incorrect assumptions.

I know homocysteine can fuck you up, and that's an intermediate in getting rid of any excess of methionine from your body.

It's not exactly a neurotransmitter, but it acts as a dopamine blocker, which screws up your self-control. In the long term, it also interferes with the maintenance of your joints and blood vessels.

When you overeat in general or eat too much of the wrong things, you've got more to worry about than just obesity, diabetes, and gout. Don't assume you're "getting away with it" just because you're not fat, if you feel like shit and can't get stuff done.

Turkey is the last remaining animal in my diet, and this is part of the reason I'd like to remove it. Not sure how yet.

Least I've removed neu5gc.

Man, you shouldn't go to extremes like that. Humans are natural meat-eaters. Just don't always gorge on muscle meat, which is high in methionine.

People used to eat the organs, and boil the joints, bones, and skin for soup and tallow. That's all part of a complete diet. Learning to make soup and porridge/mush was a pretty big step in human evolution, since it let us get nutrients out that we couldn't get with our teeth. It stands to reason that our bodies expect soup, with its methionine-poor gelatin protein.

If you eat the whole animal in proportion, you should be doing pretty well. For primitive humans, if anything, it would be excess muscle meat that would get discarded, since wild animals are pretty lean and rabbit starvation had to be avoided.

Real soup made with proper stock from boiling the less-directly-edible parts of animals is pretty rare these days. What they sell you ought to be called "simulated soup" or something. So buy ham hocks and soup bones and neckbones, boil the ham bone, boil the chicken carcass, save ribs and boil them up (they're getting boiled to death, it doesn't matter that people chewed on them a little, especially if it's just you).

Simulated flavors are a pretty big problem. We have an instinct to seek a variety of foods, and particular flavors, to prevent malnutrition. But the modern food industry is too good at applying a variety of flavors to make you feel like you're eating a good variety when you're eating a very limited and unbalanced variety.

Upboated

Thanks for calling me a cute animu girl. :3

gppd job.

>But the modern food industry is too good at applying a variety of flavors to make you feel like you're eating a good variety when you're eating a very limited and unbalanced variety.
How about food dyeing? Do you believe stuff such as meats are intentionally dyed so that they appear fresh but in reality old?

So much argumentum ad animem here...

Post more scientific anime pics!

as you wish

ay

>durr prove me wrong threads aren't bait. the explinations that actually take effort that I get to dismiss casually and say "not good enough" are.

fug, forgot a picture

needs more topology

yes

and another one

and lastly, my favourite

I could kiss you

*kissu*

bump

a bit more

eeyup

last one for now

These YRYR edits are the best