Why are the greatest mathematicians white men? Is mathematics racist and sexist?

Why are the greatest mathematicians white men? Is mathematics racist and sexist?

Why did you make this thread?
What possible purpose does it have?
Is it just to inflame? That's what we have and for.

Learn to jpg, twat. I don't like png.

Fuck off, tard

historical bias. eurocentric mathematical development. Plenty of extremely talented Asian mathematicians who contributed to maths, especially in the 20th century.

I'll just leave this here.

Did he really get beaten up, or was that just dramatization?

>guys i can count to infinity xDD
kek

>Trying to stain the name of the people who are naturally good at science with bullshit like racism and sexism because of white hatred

Go back to jail SJWtard

It's a falseflag, though.

I'm not going anywhere until you reupload it as a jpg.

Biased history
Aristocracy or control of wealth
And possible fraudulent activity

>doesn't recognize his fellow /pol/ buddies' bait
not sure if bait t b h

If women were opressed and couldn't properly develop their academic skills due to the so called patriarchy why didn't they rebel way sooner,like centuries ago? Are they admitting they are weaker than men?

Do SJWtards ever take responsibility for their cancer? 9/11 was done by pol to blame jews too uknow.

Why does Grothendieck look like a gangster?

Why does Euclid look like Cthulhu?

In its initial stages maths was developed predominantly by white males. Consequently these white males have baked into it their biases and the patriarchal structure of the time, making maths inaccessible to women and/or POCs

I'm really not sure whether you are baiting or not. Tell me, honestly, do you really think the OP is actually an SJW that has an issue with white males or a /pol/ack that wants to troll Veeky Forums by making another one of the dozens of bait threads that talk about and ridicule discrimination in science on a board which has no representative of the opposite side of the debate? If you can't spot the irony in OP, then you might wanna take some pills, or you have down syndrome. If you're not expertly trolling me already, that is.

hmmm, just give me a second to think about who spergs out baiting bullshit starting with racism and sexism...

I thought women tend to avoid danger and risks.

...on Veeky Forums...

...on the internet...which includes Veeky Forums...

>hmmm... hold on a second, let me think about how retarded I am

>get BTFO to the point where you can't respond
>u-ur retarded
Thats quite racist and sexist senpai.

People with severe autism should not be responded to.

more importantly, why are east asian countries other than japan so bad at mathematics research?

thats was so racist though

>Emmy Noether
>David Blackwell
>Julia Robinson
>Ada Lovelace

a) math is very bourgie. It's abstraction and stems from free time and boredom, which a lot of underclass don't have.
b) keep in mind that in the early 1940s there were probably only ~10 black people in American history to obtain a PhD. It's very hard to develop skills in isolation with no academic family; while people have done it, that doesn't even hold true for most of the people in pic. Grothendieck and Hilbert worked with a team of people who were developing details and new insights all over the place. There still is barely a community of non-white male mathematicians in mega-depts. You see an increase in black and women mathematicians as they get accepted into more and more departments. This isn't surprising when you realize they have equal talent.
c) If you are asking why Noether isn't mentioned alongside Hilbert, the only really honest answer is sexism. What's the point in being a professional mathematician if no one will hire you due to gender? Women weren't getting royal patronage for academic work, and they weren't getting hired, so there was literally no motivation for doing mathematical research. Every modern person in pic was rewarded with a job.

there have been plenty of successful women and black mathematicians, but they have really only been given an opportunity to learn, work, and be supported for mathematics for less than 75 years. Noether is arguably as important as Cayley in modernizing algebra, and even she struggled to secure a position without petition by Hilbert.

Mathematics is not racist, but access to the things that allow you to learn it, having the time to do it, and being able to secure a job and funding for researching it has been incredibly limited due to factors of racism and sexism.

t. pinko

You mean Jewish

i ain't no fuckin commie

Mathematics is inherently a white male activity.

Women and monkeys lack the capabilities of abstract thought.

It's grimly predictable how quickly jewish men become white men in the eyes of people who would otherwise heil hitler and rigorously argue against the inclusion of jews as white.

Delete this.

jews are jews when they do something good. jews are "americans" when they get caught pedophiling, bribing and insider trading ;)

I suppose all the great asian mathematicians are also off this list, and no love for Emmy Noether, practically the entire reason both theoretical physics and abstract alegbra exist as subjects eighty or so years on from her death. There was a time when shit posting like this was meant to troll, but nowadays it has the sinister purpose of recruitment. Its intention is to lure even creative and bright young scientists into the shadows of race hate poor whites occupy. Don't be fooled by this, it's garbage, as the only entrance requirement for maths is skill, nothing else matters.

yes ok....but ARABS?

>Greatest mathematicians
>no Hamilton

Absolutely disgusting.

Dramatization it seems. I couldnt find any histotical reference to the fact. Also his personality was wildly inaccurate in the movie, he was known to be a shy and quietly devoted - the exact opposite of the movie counterpart with his whinging and shouting. And he was married to a 10 yr old. It seems the movie developers just wanted to use him to prop a narrative they themselves created.

Hahaha i don't know why but this post is hilarious

I can GUARANTEE the only reason you think
>theoretical physics and algebra wouldnt exist today because of emmy noether
is because you were told it by someone (wikipedia, or some dumb pop sci article), NOT because you're a physicists or mathematician who knows their literature and the fields - because any physicist or mathematician worth at least their weight in dirt will knows this is absolutely false.

I hold a phd in mathematics. In particular I study vertex operator algebras, so conformal field theory, and algebraic geometry. I study how one can understand representations of vertex algebras geometrically as properties of the category of quasi coherent sheaves on a Adams stack X. That's especially tricky as formulating the operator product expansion formula in terms of stacks is a non trivial exercise, and as I'm sure you know since you yourself are also one of the educated elite, the OPE is an essential motivation from physics to study these questions in mathematics. But as to Emmy Noether and her contributions to abstract algebra, which you can now appreciate is something I'm familiar with as a professional, if you had any knowledge of math beyond the basic calculus sequence, you would automatically agree with the truthhood of my remarks. There almost is no abstract algebra without her input in a modern way. As for her work on conservation laws in modern physics, again, your reproach only illustrates your total ignorance, but it does not vindicate your banal remarks whatsoever.

>buzzwords: the post

>i hold a phd
who's phd? :^D

Big Bang Theory was my favorite show too

if you had accomplished an of the things you had claimed you'd know that any theorem or discovery someone made would have been discovered or made by someone else a few years later.

Thinking that if the person who discovered something died as a baby then that piece of science or maths would be forever lost and never get added to the body of human knowledge is moronic and shows you to be some juvenile fraud rather than actual mathematician.

Is that what I'd really know? So according to your argument the ideas discovered by all the white men at the top of the thread which justify their fame in scientific history would have been discovered by others subsequently as well, so there is nothing really special about their accomplishments either? We accord fame and credit to scientists for their originality you jackass, else there's no premise to this thread, nor the entire institution of prizes in science. I can imagine the Nobel prize ceremonies in your world, "if you really knew anything then you'd know the important work done by these scientists would eventually have been accomp,ished by someone else anyway, so what they've wrought is entirely bullshit." Real smart insight, idiot. Noetherian rings, primary decomposition, representations of algebras, hell even the concept of algebras, are of foundational importance to modern mathematics. Noether surely deserves and receieves her esteem in scientific circles, regardless of the possibility someone else may have one day shared her insights. She did it first...

>le "if you had [insert level of science education] you would know [tangential thing]"
I'm so fucking sick of faggots who think a PhD is a long course of history of science.

Well you hear of Egyptian and Arabic mathematical findings in ancient times. But then you start getting to the time of vikings and barbarism and white people taking over countries and suddenly every non-white mathematician disappears.

>WE WUZ KANGZ

>Is mathematics racist and sexist?
Yes.