I'd like to see what everyone else scores on this personality disorder test...

I'd like to see what everyone else scores on this personality disorder test. If perhaps there's any correlation with neuroticism and intelligence (I like to think rather intelligent people do flock to /sci)

4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv

fuck wrong picture

I expect a lot of schoizoid or scizotypal type people here

wow I'm a trainwreck

At least you are low on the avoidant scale. That shit destroys you

Sometimes I feel like I'm just a character in a show. I also give lectures about algebra, topology and category theory to my apartments walls.

Mirin that score OP, wouldn't want to be your friend though.

Hmm curious I've heard other people describe themselves as feeling "unreal" also

says it's more common with men

B-but im a weirdo like all you guys t-too.

If i was younger Id probably score a lot worse...idk

I expected worse

I had this strange experience last winter:
>work as a night janitor in a school
>do the final tour to close all the doors and windows and shut down the lights
>open classrooms and turn on the lights to see if everything is ok
>every time the lights are turned off it's like those black screens with text in NGE
>see your own thoughts written in white text amidst the darkness for a while
>on the way home hear the sound of cars as if you were in the bottom of a swimming pool

Sounds like fun honestly

r8 me

Actually, yes it does. Experiencing it was all but fun, though. When the world is crumbling around me, I escape into the world of mathematics. The only distortions there are caused by misinterpreting a definition or making a mistake some other way.

Dunno why dependent is only high.

ew

>schizoid: high

literally why

Sounds like me.

maybe i could bring paranoid from 'very high' to high or moderate if i cut down on caffeine

seems pretty accurate

Ive been backstabbed million times thats why i dont trust people and people seem always to rush to judge me about every mistake i make even though we dont know each other well in order such thing to be expressed in person.
If that makes me crazy so be it

Well

fuck

I think has a lot to do with social shit. Like i score medium on schizoid and schizotypal cause I'm quiet, eccentric, dont really feel comfortable in new social situations. I have low to moderate social anxiety defiantly a lot worse when I was in high school. Its my idea that social anxiety stems from schizotypy and so does "weirdness" or being "eccentric"

nice file name lol

I dont full understand the difference between schizoid and schizotypal. I'm surprised you scored high on one and low on the other

I've been diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder (along with comorbid depression and anxiety), and I've been on medication and seen therapists for over a year now

>If perhaps there's any correlation with neuroticism and intelligence (I like to think rather intelligent people do flock to /sci)

If it helps, I study at a globally top 10 university, and during high school, I was consistently at the top of my class

Are you me?

Feels good not being the worst in the thread

I don't trust these charts. I felt almost every option of this test.

How the hell are you so convinced to mark an option?

>I don't trust these charts

spotted a paranoid

The test itself is just as (in)accurate as any online test, and I don't consider myself crazy because I had almost everything red. The certainty to answer the questions with comes from my introspection. I know I hate being with humans because of my anxiety and distrust etc.

Scoring high (or low, whichever is the case here) in this test doesn't make me crazy. The fact that I talk to my apartment does.

>I know I hate being with humans because of my anxiety and distrust etc.
It seems you feel too bad around people.

Well I also hated to be with other people too, but I got rid of my social anxiety. And now I don't give a fuck, sometimes I like it. Sometimes I love it.

Is this "analysis" actually static?
If I can change on my own with my will, what does these tests have to do with me?

Maybe there are some things that won't change?

Mine isn't too bad is it?

Guess I'm a normalfag now.

Would've looked quite differently some 10 yrs ago.

There are basically 7 people whose company I like/don't dislike, and 5 of them are my parents, my sister, my granny and my uncle. I talked to another one of these two non-relatives about how deppressing my life must sound with so few contacts, but how I'm not lonely at all. I enjoy solitude and need time to be alone, a lot, and these two guys are such that I can be alone with them (if you understand what I mean). I just feel so disconnected with others.

It's not like I believe they only want to use for their own benefit either. I construct my own versions of the people I know, they are the wireframe onto which I glue my mental images of them making them more and more like I wish they were. The result is that eventually I don't speak to the people anymore. Indeed, I replace them with something non-existent with whom everything goes just fine. When the reality breaks through and my creation shatters, I realize how fucked up I am. It is because of this that I feel anxious when praised by someone, as this person may just be my own construction.

>The fact that I talk to my apartment does
kek

What bunch of Narcissistics...
You guys should also put your majors next to it.

Physicist here

How old are you now?

I feel like with these disorders there more likely going to get worse and then better. What the mountain top age is i'm not sure. My dad was like me when he was in high school kinda awkward, didn't feel comfortable in his own skin but now hes the like the opposite. I felt much worse in high school I'm 23 now and my social anxiety is still mildly present. I tend to feel anxiety before social events but during the actual events I feel relatively calm..

It's not like I hear voices, no. Instead I know the walls have asked for more info or made a counter argument without hearing it. It's hard to explain. I haven't heard voices in ~20 years now.

chemical engineering, radiation technology

DisorderResultParanoidModerateSchizoidLowSchizotypalModerateAntisocialModerateBorderlineModerateHistrionicModerateNarcissisticModerateAvoidantLowDependentLowObsessive-CompulsiveLowPersonality Disorder Test --
-- $linkText2 --

seems like that didn't work

Indeed.

ew

I'm 30. Getting married, employed and generally getting my shit together certainly helped with getting rid of these tendencies. Also, weed.

well, at least I'm not an autist

Paranoid | Moderate
Schizoid | Low
Schizotypal | Moderate
Antisocial | Moderate
Borderline | Moderate
Histrionic | Moderate
Narcissistic | Moderate
Avoidant | Low
Dependent | Low
Obsessive-Compulsive | Low

This wasn't an aspie test, bro.

>The difference between the two seems to be that those labeled as schizotypal avoid social interaction because of a deep-seated fear of people. The schizoid individuals simply feel no desire to form relationships, because they see no point in sharing their time with others.

what do you know, it made perfect sense

ahh makes sense

Nice man good for you. I hope my life looks like that when I'm your age.

Math major, doing PhD.

God damnit.

Graduated Magna Cum Laude in Math.

Who else /functionalmemberofsociety/ here? :~)

[spoiler]reminder that these quirky little tests are entirely for fun and that online personality tests do not provide accurate merits for the diagnoses of numerous mental illnesses and personality disorders[/spoiler]

>It's not like I believe they only want to use for their own benefit either. I construct my own versions of the people I know, they are the wireframe onto which I glue my mental images of them making them more and more like I wish they were. The result is that eventually I don't speak to the people anymore. Indeed, I replace them with something non-existent with whom everything goes just fine. When the reality breaks through and my creation shatters, I realize how fucked up I am. It is because of this that I feel anxious when praised by someone, as this person may just be my own construction.
It seems that you don't know a lot of people, though.

>There are basically 7 people whose company I like/don't dislike, and 5 of them are my parents, my sister, my granny and my uncle.
Your family will never (normally) betray you.
> I talked to another one of these two non-relatives about how deppressing my life must sound with so few contacts, but how I'm not lonely at all. I enjoy solitude and need time to be alone, a lot, and these two guys are such that I can be alone with them (if you understand what I mean). I just feel so disconnected with others.
If that's how you want to live what's the problem?

We're not very different, you and me.

Used to be quite high on the schizoid/schizotypal ones, and in general much higher in all catergories on average. Used to feel awkward/moody and would have sudden mood changes, felt derealization etc.

Turns out it was epilepsy, not a psychological disorder. A couple LSD trips later, I'm now much more at peace-became a "normie" almost, so to speak.

Reckon I fit right in.

My results seem normal.

High on Schizotypal, Avoidant, Histrionic, and Narcissistic. Moderate on antisocial.

Yeah, it makes sense as I've been diagnosed with Autism and GAD

Are you John Forbes Nash?

>It seems that you don't know a lot of people, though.
Define knowing someone. If it requires a deep relationship, then no. If it is enough to know someone enough to be able to talk to them more than commenting weather etc, then I do.

Also, I never implied my family would betray me. There's no reason at all for anyone to do so. I never claimed there was a problem with being alone. The problem is with being with other people who are not necessarily real. It's hard for me to share my ideas now, they are formless clouds of connected thoughts and English isn't my native language.

No, I don't think I am. I always use a seatbelt in car. Did he do stuff like that? I've never read about his personal life, nor have I seen the movie.

what's up user

I already knew I had some schiz tendencies. My worst fear is actually being schizophrenic [spoiler]is it too late for me?

>I like to think rather intelligent people do flock to Veeky Forums
Not true, and even if it was you're retarded for thinking the sample of people willing to do that test is representative of the population of Veeky Forums, and for thinking the test in itself is legitimate.

Schizoid high everything else low and one or two moderate.

I just enjoy being alone with my tech experiments for most of the time. Not because I dislike anyone or feel bad about myself but I'm just very curious with computers and technology. I can enjoy some social events if it's not too often and not too crowded and preferably not too many people I don't know at once.

A bit socially awkward and slow sometimes which make me be unnecessarily careful which some people may take for dis-interest or even worse cases arrogance or ego-centrism.

What do schizotypic or schizoid have to do with schizophrenia except the words sounding similar, starting with "schiz..."?

Lots of things have words which sound similar but which are completely different.

schizotypic is literally a mild form of schizophrenia in a lot of cases

Literally non-spicy.

What do you mean of mild form of schizophrenia? If you are more on your own it is likely that you develop a more unique way of thinking because you copy less of people around you via communication because there are fewer people around you to copy from. Resulting in a perception that probably differs more from others than for most.

But is a difference in perception all there is to schizophrenia or are there even more similarities between the schizos?

I always get confused with avoidant and schizoid. I've done away with friends and relationships for so long that I'm comfortable no longer having them although initially I hated the idea of it. Still sucks whenever someone cuts off contact with me though.

Well, at least I got one low in there.

poo

>Only semi sane guy in the thread

Here's mine

Poor fella

I hope you find what matters to you the most

Diagnosed bi-polar, everything else is fine though

Thanks! At the moment I have my own (non-scholar) projects, a few courses, my master's thesis, a job I'm good at (not that being a night janitor is hard), a good friend and maybe even my first relationship (if it isn't again just my delusions), so I have things themselves going pretty well. I just have to take care of myself a bit better, and clean up my apartment. It's full of dirty dishes, empty cans and just trash, and I haven't vacuumed in a month which is not a good thing for someone afraid of bugs and spiders (I just killed a harvestman because it felt like it was staring at me on the wall and I paniced and did what had to be done for me to feel safe again).

I hope you find something that matters to you, too!

Don't do like me and overdo the weed though. Stay focused and productive. I graduated in mathematical statistics and now I work at an insurance company.

You sound like me 10 yrs ago. If you keep joining social events where you feel somewhat comfortable in your skin, the anxiety will go away and eventually vanish. For me, singing in choir was the key but it could have been any gathering where you meet with people to work and focus on something together; such as sports, board game nights, even religious ceremonies. It doesn't even matter what you believe; it is the act of opening up to others and to perform something together that I'm getting at here. Performing "rituals" such as these can be very transformative and powerful stuff.

Strive towards being completely honest and open to yourself. Don't keep any hidden agendas. This will also help you open up and feel more comfortable around other people.

If you treat people with respect, if you look alright and if you are good at what you do, people will be naturally drawn to you and treat you nice in return.

Two other things that helped me overcome social anxieties, depression and spergness in general: sex and psychedelics. I recommend both.

Paranoid | Moderate
Schizoid | Moderate
Schizotypal | High
Antisocial | Moderate
Borderline | Low
Histrionic | Moderate
Narcissistic | Moderate
Avoidant | Moderate
Dependent | Low
Obsessive-Compulsive | High

>thought I was bad
>read thread
Jesus fucking christ

wew lads

>(I like to think rather intelligent people do flock to /sci)
If only.

But doctor I tested myself on a website

Like a lot of these tests it suffered from a lot of questions being both yes and no, and some being neither. Others started out general and "yes", but then tacked on a lot of specific "because you xy z" and became "no".

My life, context, and mindset is out of the ordinary enough that a lot of questions just seem non applicable, or irrelevant.

Low everything save for moderate antisocial.

I almost guarantee that if you fuckheads were answering honestly you would all get Very High for Narcisssm.

I don't really think that's a reasonable, or sensible assertion.

anyone taking this sort of test is in love with themself, pretty standard deduction

Your "standard" is faulty then.
Watch people sometime and really try to chip away at why they're doing what they're doing. Improve your theory of mind, and if your assumption here is based on how you work, realize not everyone else functions like you do.

nah, no thanks narcissist

>not being naive means I'm paranoid
>equates perfectionism to OCD
shit test

pretty happy with the result

remember taking the test 3 years ago, had high to very high on almost everything

read (and lived) some stoic philosophy and now it's all good

I use to smoke a shit ton of weed at one time and became like heavily schizotypal. I stopped feeling comfortable around people I really knew well, I'd space out every second, I could hardly focus, I would get irritated at the slightest shit. Had no idea what it was until it I realized it was my heavy pot smoking. Stopped smoking and all these symptoms just went away. I think I figured out it had to do a lot with my SSRI's, its pretty much my conclusion that SSRIs + heavy pot use caused these weird ass effects.

But I'm trying to do a Applied Mathematics major with a Computer Science concentration to do Software Development.

But thanks a lot man for writing all that out for me, helps me out a lot.

I think we underestimate how much it helps just talking about our problems or experiences with people, even if its just text with someone you dont know or will ever meet. Thanks again friend

Computer science major here.