Cooking on my cast iron

>cooking on my cast iron
>everything going great
>suddenly water comes out of everything I'm cooking and basically boils whatever I'm cooking

How do I stop this from happening, what am I doing wrong?

Remove all the water from the food first.
Do you have a dehydrator?

In a pinch you can use those dehydrating silica crystals and put those in the pan.

user please I'm not completely retarded.

Cook in smaller portions.

What sort of foods are you cooking in the pan anyway?

>>suddenly water comes out of everything I'm cooking and basically boils whatever I'm cooking

You added too much food to the pan at once (overcrowding the pan--google it), or your pan wasn't hot enough before the food went in.

A good example is if I'm cooking cut up ribeye for cheesesteaks. After awhile the meat just dumps a ton of water into the pan and I'm pretty much forced to wait until it all evaporates out

This . With meat make sure the pan is very hot, place meat in so no pieces are touching, don't move it for a few minutes until they form a slight crust on the side against the pan, then turn them over.

You're a weeaboo and therefore stupid.
You lack the mental acumen for cooking and may end up hurting yourself.

It's not my fault their cartoons make my penis explode

But after I started turning meat over and moving things around its inevitable they'll start touching. Does it no longer matter then?

Until browned on both sides you shouldn't be moving them around. Use tongs when you flip them and they shouldn't touch. After they brown on both sides move them around as much as you want.

I know you see chinese cooks in restaurants with big woks moving the meat continually, but they have extremely high BTU stoves that you can't duplicate in your home.

you suck at cooking.

I'm new at cooking

He's right you know. Sorry OP, you're destined to forever goof up in the kitchen in comical ways.

you don't have to be autistic about the food touching. It's fine if one piece happens to touch another. What's important is that there is space between the various pieces of meat in the pan in general. One bit touching another here and there is OK. Not being able to see the bottom of the pan because there's so much food in it is not OK.

You don't have enough heat to cook that amount of food. Chinese restaurants basically cook on jet furnaces, if you're on an electric range this can happen. I use a cast iron wok and I preheat the flat disc on the bottom until smoking, then I throw the food in. Granted I can't put as much food in if I want the real stir fried flavour. I usually cook things a serving at a time.

For meats if they have been frozen they will leak a ton of water.

You're posting on a weaboo site, sounds like you're the dumb one to me.
Crowded your pan.

I wasn't being autistic in my advice, just trying to emphasize the need for space to a relatively inexperienced cooker. Of course a few pieces touching here and there is no big deal. But that comes with experience, and as soon as you say pieces can be touching, the pan is packed with meat. I've seen it. Don't be so freeform anal.

Maybe so. 10 years ago. Sorry weeb.

>neo Veeky Forums

Makes sense thank you

this

ideally you want to be stir frying on a grill if you're at home since nothing else you could possibly possess will get that high

>10 years ago
>implying this isn't still a maori whale bone carving board

Long story short. You are overcrowding your pan. With the average household stove tops, that happens often because they dont get all too hot even with a cast iron pan.

If you are searing large amounts of meats for stews, steaks or stirfrying, do them in batches or in seperate pans. Otherwise all the juices coming out will end up steaming/boiling your meat instead of browning them.

you could try chopping, salting, and draining (in colander) 1st

Does her shirt really say cock or is that a photoshop?

I've seen that other picture too, and I just can't fucking believe it.

It's a really good shop. It's supposed to be love. The other girl (Natsuki) has a "cement addiction" shirt which was shopped to "semen"

Found the anime addict, you wierdo. But I have to say, there is something alluring about those tunes, though.

Is it from Hibike Euphonium? Looks like Kyoani

Yep, you are spot on.

Pan

nice and hot!