What keeps average people behind? Why can't everyone be wealthy?

What keeps average people behind? Why can't everyone be wealthy?

Attached: ISqpkedoxg4uvb1000000000.jpg (1024x680, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_army_of_labour
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-sum_thinking
quora.com/How-is-wealth-not-a-zero-sum-game
quora.com/What-is-the-total-net-worth-of-the-world
youtu.be/jGL1x40p46s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

too many reasons.
kids at an early age with a shit job
prefer a comfy job rather than starting a business
not as driven
morals
etc

>wasteful spending
>not saving
>not investing during low periods & fear-based market sell-offs (e.g. btc was only $250 in 2014 after mt.gox scare)
>finally fomo'ing in near ath
>having a family when they can't afford it
>getting married, expensive wedding to validate wife's sense of self worth and the worth of her vag (chasing status and approval of others)
>wasting time (like going on this fucking website, or any social media which is what normies do)
>not owning their own business, but instead working for a company that profits from your work as an employee and only pays you a tiny slice of the gains

i can go on. i'm a poorfag loser who used to have a decent cash-stack but i blew it all due to one or more of the above.

Attached: 1519280954007.jpg (880x1287, 353K)

Basically this, probably also need to add how blatantly unself aware the average person is, but honestly kids at an early age effects it pretty well considering most of the hunt for money is just the male subconscious desire to impregnate women

>Why can't everyone be wealthy?

it's a zero sum game and there's not enough wealth in the world

if we divide the total world wealth by the global population it's only $31,000 per person net worth

early age kid-having is best time to have kids. seriously, they aren't all that difficult to care for even on a shit income and you don't get dicked with employment gap bullshit.

what holds most people back is actually themselves and their overestimation of not only their skill and knowledge, but also how much work they GENUINELY put in to something.

most people just sit around, pissing on about 'muh gibs' when they have barely lifted a finger, or they put all their shit in to something useless.

tl;dr people are lazy fucks that would rather spend 40 hours a week screaming on facebook and reddit about how much the world owes them for "how hard they work" than 4 hours actually doing something productive.

Most normies are dumb retards that instantly spend their paycheck on booze, meals, video games, makeup, designer clothes, cars, vacations, concerts, cigarettes, electronics etc.

And then they tell themselves: "Oh well, I will save the next paycheck #fun #YOLO #party !!!"

Suddenly, they become old and realize that they haven't saved anything for their retirement and they start blaming others. They start blaming the politicians, the capitalists, the communists, the homosexuals, the Jews, the Muslims, the immigrants, the Democrats, the Republicans etc.

But the reality is they have only themselves to blame for their bad spending habits.

Man this thread is depressing. I want to start a business bad but I don't know what I should shill.

kale-scented dish detergent, power moms will go crazy for it

the things you don't know you don't know

I've actually unironically considered hand made soap

I.Q is the main reason like it or not, also most people just spend all their money and get into debt over things like cars ect, and only invest their money into crap like a 401k

Capitalism is the exploitation of the working class by the bourgeoisie heirs. That is the dominant economic system, that is why.

>IQ
Hello Jordan B. Peterson, why don't you take a seat

if everyone is wealthy, then no one is wealthy...

the same applies if everyone is poor, then no one is poor.

Wealth is not a zero sum game retard. I can't believe people still believe that bullshit.

>european `````education'''''

Contradiction inherent to capitalism

Brainlets won't understand this

Everyone who watched fight club thought this at some point or another

This

Feels good to be early 20s and not be retarded

I'm gonna be out of the rat race by 40, worst case

Attached: ISivv4fhj2sme20000000000.jpg (1024x683, 203K)

>Wealth is not a zero sum game retard.

It is though. If you're wealthy, are you going to pay your gardener or toilet scrubber millions? Of course not. And whatever made me a millionaire is something I'd protect at all costs - so raise barriers to entry of business, all that shit. So yeah, zero sum.

How are you so fucking dumb? Wealth has been generated at an ever increasing rate along with technology. When you make someone a burger at McD's, the burger is worth more than its material cost. When someone builds a sky scrapper, its worth more than the original land. When someone crafts beautiful art, its worth more than the paint and canvas.
Retarded "muh zero sum!!!" cucks are BTFO so easily.

The vast majority of millionaires are fully self-made. Study after study has concluded that the percentage of self-made millionaries is somewhere between 65-75%.

People who inherit money tend, statistically, to lose it all or be unable to earn it on their own.

Readily available evidence that you can find with a simple google search clearly refutes your cynical libtard mantra. Now go back to your drum circle.

>paying someone an appropriate price for their service means wealth is a zero sum game
>nobody can create new markets or businesses
>what is Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Apple

>declared value = wealth
what did he mean by this???

>I have an apple
>I grow an apple tree
>suddenly lots of apples
>but its a zero sum game so there's still only 1 apple some how

The system is difficult for the average person in many ways but can be overcome through personal sacrifice and stepping out ones comfort zones.

Taxes, registrations and stamp duty, bills and insurance continually take away from an average persons networth and give little space for economic mobility in some cases.

Jobs are becoming increasingly harder to find and becoming less secure so wages have certainly stagnated despite rising costs of living and rates which nickle and dime the average person over the years.

To acquire capital from 0 requires sacrificing alot more than the media will admit (depending on your country), alot more than avocado's smashed on toast.

To change ones standing in life you need to have patience and willpower to not spend over a long period of time, moreso than other generations ever had to. And while alot of people here think they are smarter than everyone else the fact is we only know about investing and using money to make money because the chans often give extremely high quality information than normies are not aware of. Most normies are quite often fed bad information that leads to bad decisions, ie that xrp screenshot showing how to buy and sell xrp.

bad analogy. the number of apples is effectively constrained by the quality/acreage of the land and machinery used to harvest and transport them

you can't fiddle with some numbers on a balance sheet and wish more apples into existence

Quite simply, the wealthy people find a way to get the money from average and poor people. It's gotta come from somewhere and there's a sucker born every minute... a fool and his money are easily parted.

Plus if everyone was suddenly wealthy that level would become the new normal and prices would adjust accordingly. Everybody was given a million dollars? Great, a carton of milk is now $500. Necessary goods and services will be bought regardless and the market determines the price, which is the amount people are willing to pay

Attached: 70709y8gfje2w0.jpg (620x413, 45K)

>The vast majority of millionaires are fully self-made.

"Fully self-made". I hear people described as fully self-made all the time, who are not by any means fully self-made. Mitt Romney and Donald Trump are both called self-made, when neither are self-made.

Names on the 400 richest list...Koch, Walton, Mars, Anschutz, Newhouse, Perelman, all inherited money.

>People who inherit money tend, statistically, to lose it all or be unable to earn it on their own.

That's right, they don't earn it on their own. They expropriate surplus labor time off the back of those of us who do work.

The entire history of man is based on the fact increasing amounts of wealth can be generated. There is more wealth today than 20 years ago, than 100 years ago, than 1000 years ago and so on.
Farms generated greater amount of food for less work.
Fire allowed better processing of materials.
Tools made work easier and you could do more of it.
Writing allowed mass adaption of education.
Wagons allowed faster and greater transportation.
Ships allowed global trading.
Vehicles revolutionized daily lives.
New materials allowed for cheaper, stronger, better quality structures.
Invented computers and jobs that people couldn't dream of just 100 years ago exist.
Fucking retarded "zero sum" cucks can NEVER EVER win this argument because they are DEAD FUCKING WRONG.

cause they don't really want it.

>nobody can create new markets or businesses

So, what, EVERYONE could simultaneously be rich and in business?

I'm self employed. I'm in competition with other businesses. I NEED there to be poor people, so that I don't have to scrub my own toilets. Do you REALLY think this shit is some utopia? I'm standing on the heads of the rats below me, the same way there's fuckers standing on MY head (like the taxman). The ones at the bottom - sucks to be them, but better them than me.

There IS no "Fair". Someone who starts out rich can be a complete brainlet, but through simply being able to afford better advice will clean up. Meanwhile you could be the next Einstein, but if you're born in a sewer in India, GG. None of this shit is correlated with anyone being worth anything related to what they make.

>I NEED there to be poor people, so that I don't have to scrub my own toilets.

Actually the reason capitalism needs poverty is en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_army_of_labour

>There is more wealth today than 20 years ago, than 100 years ago, than 1000 years ago and so on.
No, back then the wealth was all in the ground.
We just have more people today and as such the wealth changes forms quicker. How can you possibly say there's more wealth today than there was before?

What was the guy scrubbing your toilets doing before you hired him? Since you obviously gained something, what did he lose compared to his previous position?

>what even are statistics and why should i use them

>That's right, they don't earn it on their own. They expropriate surplus labor time off the back of those of us who do work.

Yep. I've got a small software company. How do I do it? I pay people less than I make from their labour - pretty fucking simple. Half my coders are MUCH better than me - but I make the profit. They get the headaches. Jeez, that's why I'm shitposting right now.

Inb4 usual circlejerking

>Muh risk

It's lower risk being your own boss, I'm at no ones mercy. As an employee if your Boss fucks up YOU get shat on.

>Muh capital

How did you get it? Everyone I know either had rich parents, scammed someone or dealt drugs or something. Even with VC's etc - still a fucking scam, how did you POSSIBLY have the time to create a product, a business plan, make connections etc, while flipping burgers? BULLSHIT

> Muh honest living.

Kek, I got fucked over by a former employer, and took his client base in an epic Game of Thrones battle of backstabbing and social fuckery. Yeah, such honesty!

Mostly lack of IQ or enough IQ but not enough socialness or conscientiousness.

Epic larp my man.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_army_of_labour

Yep, exactly my point.

ummmmmm, man, i dont know.
almonds activated?
wealth/comfort isn't really necessary for survival of a species, and its more difficult to attain than just playing it safe and staying middle class.
all that time and effort spent on gaining wealth and all the women have been taken or ur socially retarded or u die

Attached: acoustic.png (645x729, 69K)

Just curious, what kind of software company do you run? Do you do SaaS stuff?

I am a software developer but I have some server admin and devops experience from personal projects and my dream is to eventually break out of the 9-5 rat race and eventually launch some kind of B2B SaaS service and become self employed.

Do you have any tips for someone looking to move away from full-time software development employment start producing software to sell/license directly to clients?

>Since you obviously gained something, what did he lose compared to his previous position?

Kek, you're not seeing the bigger picture here - this shit has been engineered to make it nearly impossible for him to NOT scrub toilets.

Lets put it this way - if him and all the other toilet scrubbers could, they could get together and demand I pay them more than minimum wage for doing a filthy job. Not gonna happen though.

are you a retarded libtard?

Not at all, but I haven't seen a single convincing argument for wealth not being zero-sum

low standards and laziness

That's what I make in a year

Attached: Wojak.jpg (300x300, 23K)

All that backpedaling. So how would your toilet scrubber be better off if no one created businesses and there were no toilets to scrub?

>So, what, EVERYONE could simultaneously be rich and in business?
Not even close to what I said. "Everyone being rich" is not even related to wealth or zero sum. Wealth is generated over time therefore its not a "zero sum game." How that wealth is distributed is irrelevant.
>I NEED there to be poor people
This is so wrong, objectively and morally. You are clearly a terrible human being, but you are also fucking stupid. Zero-sum and wealth generation have nothing to do with "fairness" or karma or whatever. Others have already pointed out the obvious flaws in your stupid thinking, but hiring people to scrub your toilet doesn't make wealth a zero sum game.

Because the value of materials + labor is greater than the value of the materials. You are so fucking wrong about zero sum, wealth isn't a fucking balanced equation.
>No, back then the wealth was all in the ground.
How can you say such a stupid fucking thing? Do you even THINK for one fucking second? The "ground" is a means to generate wealth, that is WHY ground is valuable in the first place. If you built a house on some ground, nobody else lost any value, yet your ground is now worth more. YOU JUST CREATED WEALTH!
Your stupid way of thinking is LITERALLY a psychological failure: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-sum_thinking

>SaaS

Yep, I do a lot of Salesforce contracts these days - lots of money in that. Insane amounts in fact - if you're halfway decent with Java or C# I'd recommend it.

On top of that, a lot of clients need other bespoke systems made that integrate with Salesforce. So depending on the requirements that'll be a small Node app on Heroku or something.

Apart from that, I also have a bunch of apps out on Android & iOS, as well as some apps on the Salesforce app store. I've got a few personal apps myself (ie stuff for my own use like market sentiment analysis tools) that I write in Python, Lisp or Haskell mainly.

Most of it is finance related - loan calculators, amortization schedules, that sort of thing.

Just do what your masters do - get a product that fills a need, find out who you can sell it to and hit it hard. Or create an end-user service yourself, with shit like AWS you don't need your own hardware anymore (at least in alpha). It's all about marketing and networking - clients refer you to other clients, I don't even have my own website up (I can't handle more work before expanding). And as a coder you'll want to do everything yourself - DON'T. Get used to using pajeets for most of it. One advantage you have is you don't need a seperate senior dev, you can fix up their shit yourself. Good luck user!

>So how would your toilet scrubber be better off if no one created businesses and there were no toilets to scrub?

I dunno, how would slaves have been better off without any cotton to pick?

They would have remained in Africa and enslaved to battle. And look how their descendants there are doing.

Guaranteed this guy is running a scam business and hiring pajeets to make a shit product that he peddles to stupid business people that don't understand tech. I've seen it a million times. There's undoubtedly money in scamming these businesses but the well always dries up.

>If you built a house on some ground, nobody else lost any value, yet your ground is now worth more
I think I understand your point better now, but I don't agree with this.
Yes, my ground is worth more because I developed it, and I can sell it for more than I could have without developing it. But, at the same time, doesn't this cause surrounding houses to decrease in value, since there's a larger supply of houses within a small area for potential buyers to choose from?

Let's look at either extreme:
>An entire country of undeveloped land
versus:
>The entire country dedicated to building homes on every single plot of land

Was any wealth actually generated above what already existed before? If foreigners buy these homes, wealth will simply flow from their nation to the house country.

Those businesses got their money scamming too. It's scams all the way down. Such is capitalism

That sure explains why the most expensive real estate locations are always in densely populated cities.

>You are clearly a terrible human being, but you are also fucking stupid.

Kek, I am indeed a terrible person. For the stupidity part, take it up with my bank account. And besides - if you met me IRL, you think I'd talk to you like this? I'd blow smoke up your ass about whatever idealistic crap you'd been reading and look for what use I could make of you.

>hiring people to scrub your toilet doesn't make wealth a zero sum game.

Here's the thing - I'm in competition with you, and EVERY other person on this planet for resources, including time, social influence and a bunch of other intangibles. It's in my best interests to vote for politicians and donate to lobbyists that keep things working in a way that benefits me. Unfair trade policies, regular wars, union busting. All that shit benefits me. How do you think the world works exactly?

But yeah, stay poor faggots.

That's an effect of low supply and extremely high demand, and is completely orthogonal to this topic

just do it or continue waasting your life on this anime board for coinshilling autists and /pol/tards who lack the balls to book a one-way plane ticket to south africa and fight for their beliefs.

you either die on your feet or live until old age on your knees like a little cuckfag, obeying your wife and boss. which way will it be.

Attached: Fight_Club_3.jpg (1000x1500, 278K)

It's not you fucking retard. Where does the demand come from?

People who want to buy those homes
I don't see what you're getting at.

Half right. I actually give the code a good once-over, clean up the worst pajeetery myself before deployment. Since my nearest competitors don't do that, I'm doing VERY well.

The well doesn't dry up if you do it properly. Service contracts!

Good reply mate, I can sense your good faith and desire to learn.
>doesn't this cause surrounding houses to decrease in value
This is a good window into your thoughts. The answer is actually simple. The other houses don't HAVE to lose value for your house to be worth something. Say that the houses do lose value as you posit though, the value of every other house does not decrease proportionally to the value to your house. Put more simply, the total decrease in value of other houses is LESS than the value of your new house. The difference of that is the generated wealth.

Wealth can actually be both GAINED and LOST. Wealth has increased over time though because more wealth can be gained than lost.

Here are some further examples if you are interested: quora.com/How-is-wealth-not-a-zero-sum-game

poor money management and low motivation

Attached: 1517099729233.jpg (1024x1024, 103K)

Hmm that's interesting. I'll check out that link, thanks

Lmao, I literally don't care about your stupid scams. Doesn't affect my wealth at all.
>Here's the thing - I'm in competition with you, and EVERY other person on this planet for resources, including time, social influence and a bunch of other intangibles. It's in my best interests to vote for politicians and donate to lobbyists that keep things working in a way that benefits me. Unfair trade policies, regular wars, union busting. All that shit benefits me. How do you think the world works exactly?
FUCKING KEK! You have a huge ego to go with your stupidity, its truly comical.

this i started making money when i had a kid.

>if we divide the total world wealth by the global population it's only $31,000 per person net worth
wow I thought this user was retarded but the math checks out:

250T global wealth according to 2015 Citi @quora.com/What-is-the-total-net-worth-of-the-world

~7.6B global population

250 / 7.6 ~ 32.9K per person

what a disaster

Indoctrination. Their minds are conditioned a certain way leading to a life of servitude.

It's only zero sum if you buy into their game. Actual reality doesn't work like that, it's infinite. They know this, you don't.

youtu.be/jGL1x40p46s

Attached: 351429.jpg (225x350, 23K)

them MEXICANS took my JOBS otherwise id be a billionare like turmp too

There's your average post. The problem average people are is mindset. They hold a set of self-limiting beliefs that prevent them from acquiring any wealth.
>wealth is a zero sum game
>it is necessary to live in a city to get a job
>it is necessary to eat out to make connections
>one more hour of Veeky Forums won't hurt, this is my leisure time
and so on and so on

Attached: freder-manifesto .jpg (313x500, 31K)

For those who don't know, This is the economic theory that transformed Germany in the 30s. Gottfried Feder attacks the banking system of the Western world, which is why his book is suppressed.

The core of it is ending usury by bringing the privately owned banking system that controls the Western world under public supervision. Interest ought not to be charged for socially necessary projects, such as building homes for people, and factories to create work.

Usury, living off interest charged on loans of money, contravenes the canons of all the main religions of the world. It divides and destroys communities by creating vast differences of wealth. Usurers grow wealthy at great speed, without creating anything of value, and thereby devalue the amounts of money earned by people who do the useful work of making things or performing services.

Walton of Walmart owns 90 blllion dollars, as much as is owned by the lower earning half of US population - about 130 million people. Unless the world heeds the ancient prohibition against usury, it will destroy itself. We are seeing the warning signs already.

This books shows why the banks must be controlled.

>Half my coders are MUCH better than me - but I make the profit

Then they're not better than you. Skills are worth nothing if you're not capable of connecting them to products.

They buy Ven at 1.65$, hold it through 9$ and then end up selling the bottom at 3.40$.
T.me