What is the philosophers of Veeky Forums's opinion of the armed forces?

what is the philosophers of Veeky Forums's opinion of the armed forces?
or just War and the life of a soldier in general
it made Hemmingway a better writer, right?

Depends on the war

Vietnam

The last romantic war was the Spanish-American War.

Prove me wrong.

Revolutionary war to protect your Union of egoists. I'm all for it.

Fighting for the bourgeoisie. Spooked

Nothings romantic about war

In my country, the armed forces is called "The Defence".

Which is apt to my mind, because I don't think aggressive wars are ever justified but defensive wars are.

Dying in piss and shit to protect the profits of clawed fascists and money-changers is neither heroic nor romantic.

what do you think about joining the Army or Marines or whatever, just to "build character" or "get structure in life"?
is it a spook?

If you lack the personal discipline or desire for self-improvement without having it beat into you by some mouth-breathing asshole on a power trip then you'll never create a great work of art, you are too spiritually weak to accomplish it.

what about going for the experience of war?
MASH style?

>marines

Pleb tier. U should try and join Hezbollah, the PKK or a neo-soviet ultranationalist Donbass militia. I

Having to manufacture personal experiences in order to recreate it for the sake of art is the epitome of pretension and self-indulgent platitude

Most Veeky Forums poster would rather be NEET than do any particular job, especially one that requires hard work and a risk to one's own wellbeing.

I really never said I was doing any of this for the sake my writing; I don't even write, I just read.
It was implied, but I meant more like what kind of effect would this have on you existentially, not that I will ever even join unless I'm drafted, but it was all hypothetical, Mr. Uppity Nigger.

i get glorification of violence, modern military though

>Hemingway
>muh ambulance driver
>muh journalist

>Orwell
>wounded while fighting in Spain

Yet Hemingway goes down in History as the alpha while people can't write two paragraphs about Orwell without calling him autistic

People don't like to talk about Orwell because he was and is right.

I don't believe America should play the role of World Police Force. Instead of helping the people of nam we torched down their villages. Leftover land mines are still killing civilians today

There's nothing glamorous or honorable about war. It's just a swirl of conflicting interest; sometimes survival.

How old were you when you first realised the military performs the same function as state welfare and unemployment benefits.

this, all the 1984 stuff is too spooky for most people. ever had dinner with stereotypical, boring, slightly stuffy white people? orwellian conversation earns you nothing more than awkward silences and uncomfortable stares

People will just take you for a conspiratard and avoid you I fucking hate it. It isn't just Orwell it's just anything obscure (in their eyes). I can't even say God bless you to someone without getting an evil eye

Makes me kinda glad that most of my family is into that conspiracy stuff, many of my friends and teachers too.

Marxism is the Ultimate Conspiracy Theory.

People need to be more open imo. Yea it may be strange if some foil lined fedora wearer is trying to seriously red pill you it's still fun to listen to.

>It makes no difference what men think of war. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.

I will not fight for the 'bourgeoisie' or for any Zionist occupied government. I shall fight for my race, my Volk, that is to say, the White Race. As my proud warrior ancestors once did in the lowlands of primordial Germania, Western Civilization is White civilization. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We are a race of conquerors, poets and kings, not the docile coffee colored mongrel drones the nice liberals and the Marxists in the media want us to be. I shall never surrender... For EVROPA!

hitler v Stalin
it was just a warm up for ww2

Thats funny since ""Europe"" has a history of tearing at its own throat.

"The white race", kek..

Having to manufacture personal experiences in order to exploit them for the sake of an artificial ontological metamorphosis is the epitome of pretension and self-indulgent platitude

Same as all natural phenomenon.

it is, If the clawed fascists are employing and preventing your family from starving.

Most of humanity qualifies, then.

USA took over an Empire it did not build. It's form is not strategically viable for sustenance. Hence the pain.

too pretentiously poetic, But
/thread

WW II. The story of how Western civilization self destructed.

genetic proximity. Google r/K selection. fight for my kin, that is the way of nature. Considering other races have shown to be uncapable of true genius, and are in average one standard deviation below whites concerning IQ, I believe this is a noble and worthy goal indeed. Political Correctness mass immigration, the lgbt movement... all Jewish group evolutionary strategies

You're the guy who made the thread about Ronald spiers huh

Lol tell us cowboy

The judge is fucking you into using his logic. It's a trick, nothing more.

Military = thugs, rapists and murderers being paid to do the dirty work of the wealthy. Currently, instead of actually dealing with ISIS, an apocalyptic murder cult, they spend most of their time blowing up goat herders because all brown people look the same, right?