I've finally snapped...

I've finally snapped. After literally months of reading almost nothing because Nicholas Nickleby was SO FUCKING POINTLESS AND BORING I've finally cast aside the spooks and decided to stop reading it.

What should I read next, out of the books in picrelated?

dostoyevsky or rand

>The Idiot

Because you are one.

Read great novellas you've never read so you're never bogged down by mammoth sized books that you will lose interest in half way through.

Burn the Rand.

How the hell do you guys read THICK books like that Wolfe one?

Im ADHD as fuck and forget what it is I'm reading even in shorter books.

I am so jealous :(

adderall.

SEND ME YOUR JR

Banhammered in the UK.

I'm on ritalin but it's shit.

against the day

He hadn't read them yet you sperg

After being bored I would say Crichton, but the lost world is one his worst

They're a bit imposing but the best thing to do is just start, once you started you pretty much can't stop until you've read it.

Unless you're a faggot like OP who drops books before he's finished them.

Jurassic Park was terrible as well.

I was thinking Sphere or the andromeda strain

J R

Mostly you just need the patience to involve yourself in something that'll take 2 weeks to 2 months to read (assuming you actually read it with any regularity).

The Idiot is the best of that bunch by miles.

J R is better. The Idiot is plebstoyevski at his most insufferable.

>2 months
What the fuck are you reading that takes 2 months

I read anna karenina in a week while spending half my reading time on ancient greek history

Thomas Pynchon?

*high five*

read crichton, you should do something fun after draining yourself for months.
but read the idiot when you're done. i just finished it a few days ago– dostoyevsky is fantastic.

i remember you (or somebody in your exact situation) complaining about nicholas nickleby weeks ago. glad to see you're finally dropping it. i really hate dickens.

some faggot in my english class said 300 pages was long, thanks for reminding me

I guess I need to peruse more bookshelf threads. I honestly thought most of that meme shit was just a stupid fucking joke. But this fucking idiot can't finish a Dickens novel and expects to read Against the Day? JR? Posts weekly about what a slog Dickens is and then packs his shelf with virgin doorstops.

Reading is almost as simple a task as there is. One word after a-fucking-nother. Children not only can do it, but they routinely do. If you can't finish Nicholas Nickleby, then perhaps you should consider watching television?

Also, I suggest Michael Crichton. I'd go with Tom Wolfe, but its more than six pages long.

>SO FUCKING POINTLESS AND BORING

I can stand people saying Dickens likes to meander but I wouldn't stand people saying he is boring. You either can't read or just have a shit taste in humor.