Plz help me out you co/ck/s, I'm invited to a potluck with some friends this weekend that I haven't seen in a while

Plz help me out you co/ck/s, I'm invited to a potluck with some friends this weekend that I haven't seen in a while.

I'm pretty handy in the kitchen so what's something I can prepare to absolutely knock their socks off? (About 10 people)

>potluck
there's a copypasta for that!

What is it?

I was thinking about making corn pone or upside down cake

Location?

Different places in the world have different tastes.

California, bay area, its a pretty open minded crowd except for one girl who's allergic to peanuts and apparently doesn't like cheese or avocados (lol)

Make elote

>allergic to food
>san francisco

Why am I not surprised. Make some sort of completely bland bean dip without any animal products, heat or spice, and call it a day.

Either that or bring several bottles of organically farmed, non-sulfite wines fermented with locally cultured yeast from the san fernando valley and certified to have never set they're tongues on grapes outside of Che Guevera picked California grapes, packed by the Communist Grape Pickers Union Workers Affiliated.

Make a good paella. Always a winner.

I appreciate that and I hate the people here just as much as you but I'm trying to impress and she is actually really sexy but not a hippy, just a super picky eater. You can't think of anything that doesn't include those 3 ingrediants?

This is what I was thinking

Love that shit but I'm looking for something fancier

Good god, I hate no one. I was just shitposting because I actually empathize with the condition of grape pickers, and people from san francisco are an easy target in our america, so I rifted. Call it a jazz improvisation.

What's the real with food allergies? They seem really common in the states, or it's just memeing like gluten intolerance?

First clue....
People who call themselves "handy in the kitchen" generally are not.

'go 'za

You don't know me bitch
But the bitch doesn't like cheese...

Make some korean bbq

>But the bitch doesn't like cheese...
who cares? 'go 'za. time for this retard slut to grow up and enter the grown ups' culinary world. you'd be doing her a favor

It pisses me off too, most of my favorite dishes involve cheese

In my opinion, it's wanting to belong to a tribe, where you share a commonality that supercedes a rational approach to food.

Look, everybody and their second cousin has a food allergy nowadays. Why didn't they when I was growing up? Am I supposed to believe the gene pool has really declined that much in 30 years? I don't think so.

No, you're supposed to believe that since you were a child, the population increased exponentially and that your world view as an adult has widened

Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos

get 20-30 or so jalapenos or as many as you want.
cut them in half longways, use a spoon or something to get the core / seeds out.

fill with cream cheese, then you can either stick the 2 halves back together before wrapping in bacon, or just wrap halves.

bake until bacon is cooked.

They are fucking AMAZING,
or stuffed mushroom caps are also nice / seem fancy, get a bunch of mushrooms and take off the stems, pick some sort of stuffing, I made an apple/bread stuffing that worked out really well, also I like the cut the stems up really small and put them in the stuffing.
Think like Turkey Stuffing, like a bread based stuffing, make the stuffing, put them in the mushroom caps, in a skillet melt some butter and put the mushrooms in, sauteing them until lightly browned.

What is this from

>use a spoon or something to get the core / seeds out.
Use the tip of a very sharp knife to cut into both sides of the veins and essentially scrape them out.

Do this over a trash can or a sink with a garbage disposal.

Bacon-wrapped 'penos are based, though.

Consider mixing some cajun seasoning or even browned breakfast sausage into the cream cheese.

You can also rub the bacon with a little brown sugar so it will caramelize over the grill or in the oven.

Pic related is from the last time I made 'em. Was drunk, and my Chinese landlord walked in and laughed at me.

But that is wrong. Most "allergy" claims are self-diagnosed bullshit.

I've got to try adding seasoning to the cream cheese that sounds great. I haven't made them in a while.
I'm not sure about the brown sugar though, It seems like the flavor would be off, I'll give it a try though, like will brown sugar 2 or 3 of them.

Trust me on the bacon sugar.

It's the same method I use for what is essentially the same recipe, except stuffed into and wrapped around a pork loin.

'Penos and cheese inside, seasoned inside and out with cajun seasoning, wrap in bacon and rub with brown sugar and roast in oven.

You can also brush with honey for the same effect.

Fuck that looks good,

what were you making in the pot though?

Sorry, that doesn't quite cut it, unless you're attempting to argue the gene pool changed with the exponential growth of the US population, only.

No my friend, it's a social symptom. For better or worse, due to the medico-pharma industry, or other more insidious factors, the growth of a culture of food related "sick" individuals is a falsehood.

Mashed potatoes loaded with butter and sharp cheddar.

Pretty sure I dumped the drippings from the pork loin into them, too.

It's a great side for that dish if you get up in the morning and think "Man, I'm just too fucking skinny."

Chicken Chardonnay

Thanks I'll probably do that since I promised appetizers

For occasions like this, I recommend making something common with surprising or unusual ingredients. Nothing gross. I'm talking about how you can make chocolate cookies with black beans, or chickpea meringue, etc. And NO, I'm not vegan, I just find this stuff interesting and absolutely conversational. If beans can be made into cookies and taste great, I imagine it is pretty awesome to have everyone try them and enjoy them before telling them its made of beans. Just fun in a good way.

You're most welcome, whenever I bring appetizers somewhere I always make one of these two.

Stuffed Jalapenos are super amazing and are hard to screw up, but take a long time to prepare,

Stuffed mushrooms are easy and fast to make, but based on what kind of stuffing you use they could be hit or miss.

So elote is not fancy enough but jalapeƱo poppers are? Lol, ok mate. You sound like you suck.