Didn't liked LOt 49, will love GR? More info inside

Timothy Leary and others counterculture idols have loved GR, i feel like i must read it, but i gave Lot 49 a shot and it was just OK, radiohead seems to like it, so it was a huge let-down to me. But it wasn't that bad, i probably just didn't liked the useless plot complication that led nowhere, like so many Noir shit... but i have no problem with complicated stuff if it's like Illuminatus or others books that use that in a way it adds to the experience and you don't have to worry about linking the loose threads to find whoddunit or whatev, and in pynchon books it dosen't even seen to have a answer.

Anyways, i think i read somewhere that Pynchon didn't liked LOT 49?? that he forgot how to write and only remembered it on GR?7

w=halp

Other urls found in this thread:

fuuka.warosu.org/lit/thread/S667543#p667573
youtube.com/watch?v=tSJ1Pzzhwmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> i probably just didn't liked the useless plot complication that led nowhere
Pinecone is not for you then

Someone post that one user's theory of Lot 49.

yeah, please

> i probably just didn't liked the useless plot complication that led nowhere
pynchon and a lot of post modernism is off limits for you then

ye it's been a while

what others? looking forward to all others

>i probably just didn't liked the useless plot complication that led nowhere, like so many Noir shit...
> and you don't have to worry about linking the loose threads
No, step away for now. GR is much better but not for you

i really liked this, what books you suggest, grand annon

oh god

First for you're all faggots.

Sterne makes Pynchon look like a Methodist in comparison.

Second for you're all faggots.

was there ever any developments on who this person was? probably the most significant thing to happen on Veeky Forums ever and nobody talks about it anymore. i feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

i totally do not understand what this person is talking about.

More pls
Because the archive doesn't work. No one posts that shit about the Japanese insurance instructor either, the thread Pynchon allegedly posted in.

Found it here ---> fuuka.warosu.org/lit/thread/S667543#p667573

I've been reading M&D lately, and it just astonishes me how jammed it is with obscure historical facts and references to records that could only be read had Pynchon traveled to libraries and offices in rural England and studied them for months. With I can imagine Pynchon reading about Tasso and references to towers and himself feeling like Oepida uncovering some literary conspiracy. SO MANY LAYERS WOW. Too bad I don't have a speck of interest in any of that /x/-/pol/ shit.

Damn, I read that a year and a handful of months ago when I first started browsing lit. The times sure have changed.
Lit is so much worse than it was a year ago.

Read M&D recently, there's so much obscurity in there. Vollmann seems to research as much as Pynchon (and works at a much quicker pace), but Pynchon thinks about things in such a unique way.

Where da Pynchon love at

I don't get it.

What don't you get?

The theory. What's so crazy about it?

The crazy part is that the thread is believed many to be a thread which Pynchon posted in. Perhaps, the theory is written by Pynchon himself.

The theory itself isn't crazy but interesting. It has a valid response to a book that does not resolve cohesively.

>Timothy Leary
OK, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=tSJ1Pzzhwmw

You misunderstood me, user. I was merely pointing out the fact that OP takes Timothy fucking Leary seriously.

Bullshit. There's no way someone like Pynchon would find this shithole worth posting in.

Some think he was doing it as research for Bleeding Edge.

>jet fuel can't melt steel beams, huh
>hmmmmmm

Sounds about right desu.