Autodidact and learning thread. Post your best resources

Autodidact and learning thread. Post your best resources.

Veeky Forums

If you need to learn how to teach yourself, then how do you even teach yourself to learn in the first place?

Don't do this, OP. It's ruined my life and my love of literature, film, video games, and anime. Everything I used to love is gone because of this god forsaken website.

Keep Learning

has been the most beneficial for me in recent years. mentally filter out the groupthink, dogma, and memes & peruse smaller threads. anons can spout quite the intrigue.

same i would have never learned about the various ideology and philosophers in the world without this site, even sciences and mathematics.

I would be glad if anyone can recommend me a good book on reading ahd thinking about philosophy.

Sophie's World

Thanks goodness for this guy

Difference and Repetition ?

I never noticed moot had hooded eyes

How do i teach myself about psychoanalysis? is there a guide or list of books to read?

Veeky Forums is a good place for the simplest and most reductive deconstructions, you can't build good taste until you've shattered some of your sentimentality towards bad works.

But it's stupid to wallow forever in the 'everything is shit' trap. At least Veeky Forums doesn't seem to have that problem probably because old books don't feel 'dated' in the same way that video games do unless you're a fucking illiterate cretin who was raised on Harry Potter. But be careful not to fall for the 'dfw is good' meme that seems so popular here.

I want something like a handbook for ways of approaching philosophical problems and texts , some kind of methodology guide.

The Greeks.

where is that pic from

Sippin on Sunshine

thank you brother

This. Especially films and videogames, I can't stand watching 99% of Hollywood movies now and after watching enough pretentious art movies they feel like a chore.

Anytime you try to learn about a new subject or medium there's a honeymooning period where it feels like your improving yourself and you can't get enough of it.
But after you learn the ropes you realize you can't love the things you used to, and you relate to the people around you less and less.

women too