Can we get a list of the greatest mathematicians in DBZ fashion please?

Can we get a list of the greatest mathematicians in DBZ fashion please?

I'm not a math person so i can only appreciate these people by imagining their abilities as DBZ power levels.

I would like them to be ranked for their impact on math/everything, and not only for raw intellect, but quality of achievement over quantity please.

I was personally wondering who had a higher powerlevel: Euler, Gauss, Leibniz

These are all i know about in some detail, but please also feel free to say any others and why.

If you want you could rate them separately by intelligence/achievements:

eg Neumann: 100/80

Never watched DBZ mate.

No worries, its just an expression.

In DBZ everyone is ranked by their powerlevel, which is sort of like temperature; it is just a relation of a property between two objects with arbitrary units.

So does Gauss have a higher powerlevel than Euler, ie is he an overall better mathemetician?

I'd rank Neumann as 100 in intelligence because he is almost universally accredited as the smartest man of at least the last 500 years.

However i'd only put his achievements at 80, because while he made a lot of work, he never really made a groundbreaking discovery (discounting game theory, i don't really believe its that amazing).

What would you rank Ramanujan at? IMO 9001/1000 since he was naturally very intelligent and he created formulas which are unable to be even proven today.

(You)ler has the higher powerlevel

>created formulas which are unable to be even proven
How is that a good thing?

Don't you mean (((Oy)))ler?

I don't know how you rank 'greatest'.

Euclid likely is the most influential because of Euclid's Elements, and inventing a logical framework for discovering proofs which has flaws but is essentially still in use 23 centuries later. Pythagoras of Samos as well though nobody knows if any of the work credited to him was just by his students or others, there's hardly any information about Pythagoras' life.

Betrand Russel and Whitehead who wrote Principia Mathematica that gigantic volume of formal logic which then changed math to start relying on true rigor even though it too is full of flaws.

Paul Halmos who's books have no equal in terms of excellent writing style.
Plenty of Mathematicians have been child prodigies and plenty of mathematicians have had specialized fields in which there is no equal to verify their work (Daniel Bernstein is one, Knuth was another back in the 60s).

1. Ramanujan, over 9000 (Goku)

2. Euler, under 9000 (Vegeta)

3. GauB, under 9000 (Nappa)

Neumann was pretty much vegeta. He was a super elite but didn't get the fame.

Feynman is like yamcha

Neil degrasse Tyson is like that pig guy who I believe wasted a shenrong wish for panties.

Did you guys know Lagrange didn't want to work in Berlin because he believed Euler was gonna bully him?

he was a Goy-ler but good joke nonetheless

Russell 5000

Euler 7000

Gauss 9001

Barnett -1/12

So all of these blokes...what is it? Natural talent (huge IQ, etc.), autism, hard work, creativity? All of the above? How do they do it?

Grothendieck was Kami-sama tier. Power level isn't everything.

Vegeta had a powerlevel of around 15000 at the over 9000 scene

Average mathematician: 10
Terrence Tao: 50
Gauss: 100
Euler: 95
Newton: 90
Leibniz: 80
Ramanujan: 75
Lagrange: 92
Laplace: 93
Feynman: 20
Ed Witten: 45

Gauging mathematical talent (imo) of some greats.

Grothendieck for Shenlong-tier

Both tons of talent and hard work. The former more so than the latter.

Euler failed a lot in his efforts to become relevant but he didn't give up.

Silly.

if witten or tao had been alive in the 18th or 19th centuries and had the family income allowing them to spend their lives doing mathematics they would have been just as good as the likes of lagrange or laplace.

mathematics was somethign done by very very few people back then.
the access to mathematics is far, far ,far greater now.

today the low hanging fruit of mathematics has already been picked so there are very few people revolutionising multiple fields within their lifetime , but there are plenty of people with just as much mental strength and talent as teh greats from history.

Very sad that you're so lacking in awareness that you can't see this and you think that the top tier of mathematicians today are actually weaker mathematically than the top tier of mathematicians 200 years ago.

really lacking in self-awareness.

Ramanujan was obsessed with numbers. Paul Erdos status. It's amazing to think what he could have done with another 30 years. G.H Hardy rated himself a 25 and rated ramanujan 100. Why couldn't the SF have taken G.H. Hardy instead.

>List gauges mathematical talent
>Dude males a bunch of assumptions then argues about revolutionizing fields
I dunno man you seem kinda dumb to me.

Great mathematicians had great intuition/insights and were ahead of their time, even if they couldn't prove their intuition mathematically for everybody.

well then perhaps you could explain how my assumptions are faulty, or maybe you can't because you're too soft-brained and intellectually feeble and I'm correct.

Naw mate, Neil is Mr Satan.

Wait since when are we calling Gauß (Gauss) GauB?