What's the literary equivalent of trout mask replica?

What's the literary equivalent of trout mask replica?

naked lunch

MY

Fnngns Wk

DAIRY

MOOOOOO

I think the psychological domination that Van Vilet imposed on his magic band during the recording of Trout Mask Replica is important to both the mythos of the album and to the actual music of the album itself. As writing a novel is generally a solitary task, I'm not sure if there could be anything equal to it.
For the record, pun intended of course, I've listened to TMR and unfortunately don't seem to get it. I suppose my knowledge of music isn't up to par to understand both why it is so impressive in a virtuosic sense and why it is so influential.

there isn't one

that's why it's so good

green eggs and ham

Ulysses

The work of Rudy Wurlitzer! It's perfectly analogous via the three strains of shared influence of a) the counter-cultural moment of the 60s, b) the American tradition of visionary individualism, and c) the European avant-garde (I.e. Serialist/electronic/atonal compositional techniques and modernism/'New Novel' experimentalism)

>counter-cultural moment of the 60s
beefheart and zappa hated hippies

So did Wurlitzer - that doesn't mean that he or Van vliet were uninfluenced by the prevailing strains of thought which found their crasser manifestations in popular identifications like 'hippy-dom'. The new recognition of the permeability of the boundaries between the body and technology and between art and commerce had repercussions between fleeting fashionable poses.

Alice in Wonderland.

Really, Beefheart? I suppose I haven't heard too many interviews with him.

I don't think there can be a literary equivalent because CBH was literally insane; he tortured his band mates and stuff. Writing, editing, and then publishing takes a lot of practical sanity but with music the practical sanity can come from other people like Zappa and his band mates.

Anyone capable of writing and publishing a book isn't insane enough to be CBH. I think the only way it would have worked is if someone insane were to talk and then have another person write it and handle basically everything else, they would also have to do a lot of interpreting to make it work because CBH couldn't write down stuff in musical notation for those guys to play; they were just going off what he told them which is impossible not to interpret.

Beefheart wasn't actually insane though. Being abusive =/= insanity

This is the closest youll get

He was clearly mentally il. All the stories he made up, the abuse... Sane people do not do that shit.

Howl Allen Ginsberg

>dad rock

john Grisham

no

it's uncle rock

Deleuze. Seriously, Trout Mask Replica was inspired by Deleuze's idea of difference, read Difference and Repetition

It's obviously Trout Fishing in America.

>implying Von Vilet was literate

e.g.?

The Cantos of Ezra Pound

This is true, people who had time to find good music

The Compleat Angler
Confessions of a Mask
The Recognitions

Moby Dick
Odd Bits: How To Cook the Rest of the Animal
>tfw nobody gets this

>all the wrong answers ITT

The correct answer is Dhalgren

All of John ashberry's poems

Criminally underrated answer.

There's nothing to get. It's just outsider art made by a mentally ill person, which was published because he grew up with Frank zappa.