youtube.com/watch?v=QD3vKkSY-Ps
twitter.com/BksBtrThnFood/status/728894234200297472
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ye... yeah sure
I dunno
...I - I'd still suck him off

but he speaks so highly of you, user

pic related is worse 3bqh

Where's the guy that posts about how he looks 40, and the other guy who posts the weird pic of him where he looks like a goblin?

Tbqh this guy is 26 going on 48. Dude looks like a shit version of Bradley Cooper.

I wonder how lonely it would feel to watch him record his youtube show on a separately angled camera and see him acting out his histrionic pantomimes.

To be fair to him, almost all white people age terribly.

Not true. There are a lot of factors that play into it; uv exposure, skin elasticity, etc. Skin elasticity is genetic and it doesn't matter what skin tone you have. You'll probably look like shit when you're older if your skin is too rubbery, though there are benefits to it. Uv exposure is reduced by melanin content, though it probably doesn't even amount to the equivalent of spf5 sunscreen.

t. defensive white person

Can't really say. I personally find black/white terminology rather ignorant.

Who is that?

Some white dude.

>13 replies
>started 3 hours ago
>not a single link or name posted

Come one guys I can't just youtube "shit version of Bradley Cooper" and find him

>reverse image search
>video is on first page
also
>being this new

booktuber. 'betterthanfood'.

he's ok. I listen to his stuff at work and he comes off as a bit of a pomp but I respect his opinion more or less.

Is he a Veeky Forums poster? Kinda seems like he could be.

look up book reviews on youtube, I think he's been posted here before.

The video I saw started out black and white with a melodramatic reading of shallow lines offered as reviews from the back cover of a book about or from Italy or Paris; he stood in a graveyard as well. I considered watching the full thing but I didn't give a fuck about the book he was reviewing and couldn't over look the video length.

Subscribed. Thanks OP

yes, he shills his shit here all the time

who is this lolita?

I feel like some Americans, such as this guy, purposely drag out their words and speak slowly like this guy (as they believe it would make them seem cooler).
Can I get a confirmation on this?

It just doesn't seem believable someone would speak this slowly and sort of tiresomely naturally. Heeeeeeyyy youu guyyyyssss (15 min interval) Todayyyy I will be revieeewinggg Marquiis de Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(*∞)deeee.

I'm not even sure if it's correct to call his videos reviews. Some of it is just him talking about seemingly random stuff. Also, I can't fuckling believe he's only 26; that has to be some sort of lie or trick or whatever.

Like this one of his latest, where he talks about his trip to northern africa and that's basicly it. nothing much more there.

Possibly, most of his videos can be summarized as following:
- looking into camera being silent
- drinking something (mostly fuckin ice coffee)
- talking about what he's drinking
- looking some other place (maybe monitor where he has script, maybe on a blank wall)
- saying he has read great book
- showing book he has read (sometimes tossing it immediately on the bed behind him, sometimes skimming through the book with "i-have-no-idea-what's-this-about" look on his face)
- saying it's great book and everybody should read it
- telling some more or less irrelevant story related, in his view, to the atmosphere of the book (story of course involving his, his travels, his parents etc.)
- saying it's really really great book and that everybody should read it
- reading something out of the book
- finally saying it's really really really great book and that everybody should read it
- begging for money via his fuckin patreon

*(between each step you can deliberately put these: blank stare, being silent, drinking, more of a blank stare, saying something about gym, girlfriend, his dead father, 'alternative music', movies and so on)*

Looks like a pose to me, everything. I'm not even talking about his reading of Bataille (and since he's not able to tell anything relevant during his videos, I can't believe he understood anything by Bataille); And that time he 'reviewed' The Recognitions and one of the first few thing he said was "after finnishing the book I looked on the internet what was this about"

Sounds like you're jealous of his normie life, user.

>alternative music
swans and black metal?
seems like he just has good taste

>le sex and le death are the only worthwhile literary subjects

I cringed my toes so hard they broke and I had to go to the ER.

that may be even true, in some way - I don't have that much money for travelling all the time all over the world

but when speaking about his videos: there is not much of value; maybe of you wanna watch/listen vlog of some guy and that vlog has to be loosely related to books.

t. offensive black "person"

>respect his opinion
The average Veeky Forums poster is more intelligent, or at least gives me the impression that they don't immediately jump to the wikipedia page for a book once they finish it like he does.

Jealous?

no we just ask each other what the author meant by the book or whether we should like it or not
:^)

Comfy as fuck
youtu.be/ymbNYqvP6DE
>tfw no lit patrician bf to read me William Blake in the snowfall and give me kisses that taste of coffee

honky neoliberal detected

he's an alcoholic, he's not drinking ice tea during the day

Shut the fuck up about faggots on youtube. FUCK. EVERY FUCKING BOARD.

>fingerless gloves

What's the issue? It's practical and has the right homeless-aesthetic.

>black metal
>good taste

youtube.com/watch?v=IM9PUegDRz8

Black metal is GOAT.

you forgot

-speaks in a pseudo-french that makes no sense
which is extremely irritating

user,this is amazing.

You're autistic.

not even the best DsO, but still pretty gud... Although i think that nowadays there are more interesting ways to do black metal

But I bet that Cliffy S. does not like any really good BM, since he's listening to late Swans, death grips, death in june and stuff like that (mostly the needle drop kind of shit); he's definitely listening to that atrocity of Deafheaven.

Deafhaven is great and so are the new Swans.
Old are better, but new are still on the level.
Still, Batushka and Drudkh are top bm bands.

Yes some americans do that, most don't though. We have a lot of people here.

I recently picked up, along with some other cheap stuff, Stoner, House of Leaves, Life: A User's Manuel, Journey To The End Of The Night and Borges, and I see he's "reviewed" all of them. Should I burn them?

>Deafhaven is great
lol

Are you implying he didn't start this thread?

don't forget that 100% of his background info on the author comes directly from wikipedia

No, no. The books are great, he's just shit reviewer - if you want to call him that way.

Just watch this; I have to admit, haven't seen it all, stopped where he said that the podcast part of the video begins where he will be reading something out of the book or what, can't remember that properly.

youtube.com/watch?v=eoDS67YTBso

To me, it's just like random vlog of random youtuber

literally nothing wrong with that
now you're just being pretentious, not patrician.

jus because you may like a certain band or style of music doesnt mean you're not into other more refined or better stuff. that's a really narrow view.

I like him but I'm not really interested in watching a 45 minute videos about Georges Perec books.

more than half of it is just him reading a chapter of the book. but he's not a great reading, and silent black and white footage of him walking around the graveyard where Perecs ashes are gets unbearable almost immediately

I never said anything like that.

Everything I'm saying/writing is my opinion, you may disagree, and that's your opinion and so on.

In the case of Mr. Better than food, I just wanted to hint that his musical taste is, in some ways, copying what seems to be 'cool' (again in certain way: that's why i mentioned needle drop). And everything about this is, again for me, in my personal opinion, conveying with his selection of books to review. (And sometimes I doubt that he even read the book he's trying to make video about).

I think US citizens just speak slower in general. When I went to caboo all the native spanish speakers talked so fast in spanish and spanglish it was hard to keep up. And whenever I hear uk people talk they sound rushed to me.

>US citizens just speak slower in general

this may be true but there are variations even within the US.
The East coast of America for example speak very fast

>The East coast of America for example speak very fast

The northeast, maybe. People in New York City, definitely. People in the south tend to speak slower, though, maybe slower than people anywhere else in the states.

boutta make my own youtube channel on my journey from pleb to pat. I'd start with the Greeks don't worry ;)

You forgot the part where he read the plot summary off of Wikipedia fifteen minutes into a two-hour video and then continues to ramble.

Oh you know I was just pumping iron while listening to Swans, I just got back to sit down with a cold brew from my local coffee shop and pour over some real serious literature about sex and death (which is, of course, the only literature worth talking about). How are you guys enjoying the literary lifestyle?

>pumping iron

Can't think about anything else than that Sylvester Stallone movie. And I'm seeing this Bradley Cooper wannabe in it. Hillarious.

lmao this guy doesn't work out

he brags about it like every other review

lo más pedante que vi en años.

Then why are white aesthetics considered the pinnacle of beauty?

>implying this isn't a decent review
youtube.com/watch?v=QD3vKkSY-Ps

>wanting your picture taken with a hemmingway memorial
>and not defacing it to get revenge on the american middle class
okkkk

I honestly believe you guys are jealous if you're seriously hating on this guy. He reads everything you retards always praise. He's well-adjusted, handsome, worldly and seems genuinely like a nice person. Maybe that's what triggers you? He's precisely like you - but better in every regard.
It's better to just admit it and stat bettering yourselves rather than turning into bitter haters, Veeky Forums.

CANINED

dude it's a bear

But mira is at least ironic

OP's man is cringe

Did you edit his head or is it really that small, Jesus Christ

I guess he makes up for it with his huge hands
they're mark kermode-tier

>handsome

Tbqh the man is 26 going on 48. He's the poor man's Bradley Cooper.

Well I think he is.
Post your face.

When will this meme about him looking old die

sure doesn't look like he works out

le ratface man works out at the library you IDIOTS

those are not the eyes of a 26 year old. I don't know anyone my age with crows feet

he works out just the bare minimum to feel entitled to be a cunt about it
twitter.com/BksBtrThnFood/status/728894234200297472

How much do you work out?

>rat man
>26 pushing 48
>goblinface.jpb

New dank memes, everyone.

>They [Christians] must feel that there is a dark, evil power present that they have to fight, which…will make them more extreme. We also believe that when a church burns it's not only Christians who suffer, but people in general. Imagine a beautiful old stave church...what happens when it burns? The Christians feel despair, God's house is destroyed and ordinary people will suffer from grief because something beautiful was destroyed. So you end up spreading grief and despair, which is a good thing

This is an actual quote from the godfather of black metal. The faggotry is mind-shattering. Black metal is beyond any sliver of a doubt the edgiest shit in existence.

Honestly, I can't hear it without my sides going into orbit. Same with Sabaton. It's just so fucking belligerently edgy, I can't take it.

I'm made of balsa wood so typically 2x a week when not experiencing chronic pain

It's a genre meant to be theatrical and over the top m80

4 times a week

wow what a faggot

So are clown shows

so what exactly is the problem here?

That's because tbqh the nigga is 26 going on 52 and a half. Dude looks like Algernon. He's Danny DeVito to Bradley Cooper's Arnold Schwarzenegger.

>In interviews, Euronymous claimed to be against individualism, compassion, peace, happiness and fun.

>He was always dressed in black from head to foot, his hair dyed black for added effect. He sported long, aristocratic mustaches and wore knee-high boots. His black leather biker jacket was decorated with badges [...] When talking, he seemed stern and serious, sometimes with pomposity verging on the theatrical".

>long, aristocratic mustaches

>I enjoy being entertained by clowns
>I enjoy being entertained by canonical artists well-respected by both the public and critical sources

Can you tell the difference?

a well timed fart can be as much of an epiphany as moby dick

Can you argue for that in a court of your peers?

This is something a rebellious 15 year old would put on there facebook page. Right above some form of "deal with it".

the 46 year old goblin

I don't specially like the guy but I think you're right. A lot of people hate him because suddendly there's a well adjusted guy who is also knowledgeable at the one thing this fags think makes them special.
His reviews are kinda dull as any +15 minutes review of any complex book would be, and yes, he is kinda self conceited, but he is one of the few booktobers to adress some of this books, and the fact he is not super obnoxious about it is a plus.

>TL; DR: the guy's alright. Shit on the other stupid booktobers who really deserve it.