Who else thinks this book is good, but Haruki Murakami's only good book?

Who else thinks this book is good, but Haruki Murakami's only good book?

1Q84 is a pretty comfy book, despite it's 1000+ page length. It reads fairly easily so it surprisingly doesn't feel its length. It also helps that the slice-of-life nature of the prose means there's always something to draw your attention to.

I haven't read any of his other stuff, so I can't say how it compares.

totally agree - but then again i'm not big on magical realism.

nah, i'll throw my hat into the ring for kafka. I like bizarre shit though. being led to the devil by a talking cat is right up my alley.

WUB and Kafka are both nearly as good, but yeah--I agree this is his best.

Murakami has only one good book, whichever that is depends on what you read first.

The Wind Up Bird chronicle was okay for the first two thirds.

norwegian wood is god-tier comfy

that's one of his worst t.bh

I liked Kafka on the Shore, but only because the part of the book where he basically lives in the library and reads all the time.

It was maximum comfy because it reminds me of myself.

These are my ratings:
>Kafka on the shore - good
>1Q84 - very good
>The wind up bird chronicle - pretty garbage
Haven't read NW yet, took it from the library a few days ago.

Was Oshima a ftm transexual or was he just born that way?

Read Sputnik Sweetheart, it's bretty good!

1Q84 was crap and objectively his worst piece.

I miss pre-Oblivion Elder Scrolls...

Please kill yourself

Hardboiled Wonderland was cool imo

My favourite Haruki Murakami book is the one with the youngish Japanese protagonist, who doesn't really connect with Japanese culture and is quite Western in tastes; loves to eat Italian food and drink coffee; enjoys classical music and can name a handful of composers. The novel has a sexual relationship between a young man and an older woman, and at some points you're not sure if the events described are literal or metaphorical.

You know... that Haruki Murakami novel.

windup bird?

After having just finished Never Let Me Go I can say that it was Norwegian Wood if it were good.

Spot on.

It should be jazz, not classical, or at least classical and jazz.

He's making fun of the fact that Murakami only writes the same few things over and over again. I read a short story collection and I'm not kidding when I say that 4/5 of all of them had that as a description for the main character.

I also liked it a lot, but it was way too damn long. I dont mind length in a book, but so much in 1Q84 was redundant. a half could have been easily edited out.

are you me? because that character as literally me.

if you cant tell a literal from metaphorical moment in Murakami's books you might have brain problems.

oh shit kizu blu-rays out today thanks for reminding me dude